First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR; 2021 JTR
Occupation
Army
I believe they are made in China (knock offs of iKamper)...same exact tent as Torro Offroad and at least one other importer branded differently and selling on eBay. I just imported one myself (knock off of the iKamper Skycamp mini). With the integrated awning, shipping, duty/tariffs and the custom broker fees, I will be in at around $1400-$1500. It's scheduled to arrive in Baltimore 11 December. I bought through Alibaba. I can't vouch yet for the quality, but knowing that Tuff Stuff and Torro Offroad import theirs from China, I can only assume this will be the same exact tent they are offering only unbranded. Note, if I buy 10+ I could put my own logo on it in one of their 3 standard colors. 50+ and they would start making it in custom colors.

I took a gamble on it and hope it pays off. I had a SmittyBilt RTT, but wanted a hardtop for better aerodynamics and mpg and to possibly mount a solar panel to. I am considering importing more if this one turns out to be what I am hoping it will be. As long as I wasn't looking to make a huge profit, I could probably retail unbranded ones (no logo, generic color) for $1500-$1700. I think the cheapest I saw the Tuff Stuff version was $1900 on sale and they were back ordered for like 6 weeks and is why I decided to check out Alibaba myself. Torro Offroad is literally 20 minutes from me and they wouldn't even let me come check out their stock or offer a discount for local pickup. I will post pictures once it is here and provide a review. If it gets here anywhere close to the 11th, the whole process took about 6 weeks.
Did you end up receiving your RTT?
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Did you end up receiving your RTT?
Yes, I will post pictures later today. It ended up costing a little more than planned. There were some hidden shipping and warehousing costs, but it came in right at $2000 with the services of a customs broker. You could learn to do it without the broker, but there is still a form that only so many companies are allowed to submit to customs. The only company selling this tent in the US anywhere close to the $2000 is Tuff Stuff. Overall, I am very please with the quality. It is very well made, was packaged well and survived the trip unscathed from China. I thought I ordered it in a different color haha, but I might have thought the color I ordered looked different in pictures than it does in person. I have not used the awning yet, but integrates with the zippered opening. It came with very beefy mounting brackets, but I don't need them with my rack. I only have three pictures on it on my Jeep, but can take more detailed pictures if there is anything specific someone wants to see. It think it was a neat experience and while I didn't save a ton of money from what Tuff Stuff charges, it was way cheaper than Torro or iKamper.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here are a few pictures

6F3DF2D2-AFCA-4DE2-90D2-241B5F30F94A.jpeg

98DDC4F2-016D-477E-BCF7-F1A24ABDAEA4.jpeg

500DA0E4-8D7B-46F4-A980-AF2D12FF0D57.jpeg

AEA03C8E-904A-4C19-BD86-91D56EAEED62.jpeg

F8527D2C-DFD2-4BEC-9B42-731CCEA90D24.jpeg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Here are a few pictures

Jeep Gladiator RTT owners, are you satisfied with.. F8527D2C-DFD2-4BEC-9B42-731CCEA90D24
"I saved lots of money by buying a tent from China; here it is!"

Sorry, but that as the first picture of a Chinese knock-off tent made me LOL. I had a split second thought of "whaaaaaaaa....???" before I scrolled down and saw the actual tent photos. Forgive me, I didn't sleep well last night and have only had one cup of coffee so far. :facepalm: :LOL: ☕ ☕

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
"I saved lots of money by buying a tent from China; here it is!"

Sorry, but that as the first picture of a Chinese knock-off tent made me LOL. I had a split second thought of "whaaaaaaaa....???" before I scrolled down and saw the actual tent photos. Forgive me, I didn't sleep well last night and have only had one cup of coffee so far. :facepalm: :LOL: ☕ ☕
No offense! I thought it was funny anyway how I transported a RTT home in the first place. It was really cold and I didn't feel like messing with anything until I got home so they forklifted it right to my rack, I strapped it down and went...

Sponsored

Sulaco

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR; 2021 JTR
Occupation
Army
Yes, I will post pictures later today. It ended up costing a little more than planned. There were some hidden shipping and warehousing costs, but it came in right at $2000 with the services of a customs broker. You could learn to do it without the broker, but there is still a form that only so many companies are allowed to submit to customs. The only company selling this tent in the US anywhere close to the $2000 is Tuff Stuff. Overall, I am very please with the quality. It is very well made, was packaged well and survived the trip unscathed from China. I thought I ordered it in a different color haha, but I might have thought the color I ordered looked different in pictures than it does in person. I have not used the awning yet, but integrates with the zippered opening. It came with very beefy mounting brackets, but I don't need them with my rack. I only have three pictures on it on my Jeep, but can take more detailed pictures if there is anything specific someone wants to see. It think it was a neat experience and while I didn't save a ton of money from what Tuff Stuff charges, it was way cheaper than Torro or iKamper.
Thanks for the update and pictures as well! lol

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I just pulled the trigger on one yesterday. I went with the 4person skylux as I have only removed the back half of my top once and I don’t think I’ll do it again, ever. So the length it will hang over is no problem to me. Though, I am gonna see/fab up some extended rails/crossbars to hang it off the back end and see how that looks/feels. I’m thinking it won’t look too weird once I finish a dual swing tire carrier/bumper setup.
Any update? I am looking for some hands-on experience with the Torro Offroad @Torro-Offroad before I order. They have a great site and great videos. Talked with Cory today, nice dude - just want independent feedback before pulling the trigger on the Skylux 2-person with the Annex. Any feed back is appreciated.

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Torro rubbed me the wrong way. They are literally 20 mins from me and would not let me come look at their inventory, arrange for local pickup and did not honor a deal they had on here when they launched. BUT they spam my inbox all the time now. Their tent is the same exact tent as the one I ordered direct from China. The only thing they offer that I didn't get was the cold weather lining. They import iKamper clones from China. If you want that style tent and don't want to import yourself, Tuff Stuff is the cheapest option.
Hi Steve,

I'm extremely disappointed to hear that. We may be close but during the pandemic we only do "Meet-ups" in a local park outdoors. We meet with several customers per month in Alexandria's Mason District Park. If you're interested we can still connect, so you can see our tents in person (even though you have your own now). I would also note that some companies can reproduce the "look", but their RTT's are not made to the same specs or standards. That's why you couldn't get the insulation - it's custom made by us. For example, we have a 44 point inspection process that all of our tents go through before they are even approved for shipment here. We also do not use chemicals that could hard children or animals in our canvas material. Also, who will you reach out to if something goes wrong with your tent? We have a 5 year warranty for our customers. We have more features than iKampers tents so we definitely didn't "clone" them. To be fair there are certain similarities that are shared by most of the quality made RTTs out available.

The cheapest option isn't always the best option - if you need a doctor or a dentist for your family would you really want the cheapest option? (it's totally a matter of personal choice, but just posing the question)

The most important this is though, if your happy with your tent and it gets you outside enjoying nature in the way that you wanted - it's still a win.

If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please DM me your email and I'll make sure you're removed. Sound fair?

If you're interested, in getting out on the trails with a local group, you should consider NOVA Jeep Club.

Best regards,
Corey J.

Torro-Offroad

First Name
Torro Offroad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torro-offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2
Any update? I am looking for some hands-on experience with the Torro Offroad @Torro-Offroad before I order. They have a great site and great videos. Talked with Cory today, nice dude - just want independent feedback before pulling the trigger on the Skylux 2-person with the Annex. Any feed back is appreciated.
Hi Jason,

Thanks. You can check out our instagram pages @torrooffroadusa and hashtags #torroofofroad #torrooffroadusa to see hundreds of customer images. Feel free to reach out as the Torro Tribe is a friendly community!

v/r,

Corey J.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Thinking about getting the roofnest condor seems like it will fit right above the bed 5ft long 4ft wide. Gotta see if there is a cheaper version that is just like it. 3200 isnt exactly cheap lol.

Sponsored

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
The question is: how many people are you planning on bringing?

I have a roofnest Falcon. It is hard top.

Reason I got this one is that it comes with crossbars to mount things on top of it, it is the smallest when closed that I could find, I can mount solar panels permanently, and it is fairly light for a hard top compared to others out there.

I would not change anything honestly. It fits perfectly on my Leitner rack, I can attach an awning to it or the rack, it is comfy as hell, and so many other things. I originally was going to go with iKamper but after seeing how tall it was while closed it became a turn off. I like hard shells specifically for the fact that it is easy to set up, and the durability aspect (like when I store it in my garage).
I also have a falcon that I use on the Tacoma I traded for my JT. I'm a little hesitant to mount it on a roof height rack because I worry it would be too top heavy for trails and would definitely make it so I can't park in the garage, so I've been thinking of selling it and getting a different style. But, I love the falcon; set up is under 10 seconds and the mattress is great.

Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with the Falcon?

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I also have a falcon that I use on the Tacoma I traded for my JT. I'm a little hesitant to mount it on a roof height rack because I worry it would be too top heavy for trails and would definitely make it so I can't park in the garage, so I've been thinking of selling it and getting a different style. But, I love the falcon; set up is under 10 seconds and the mattress is great.

Would you mind posting a pic of your setup with the Falcon?
I'll see if I can dig up a picture. From when I had it on it worked great. Didn't notice it while offroading (not just fire trails, actual rock crawling off camber shit).

I however moved over to a GFC as it was the best option for me to get my death-spinning dog up into the tent LOL. She hates being picked up. this also allows me to lock the bed for my climbing trips and opens up more options for more semi-permanent items in the bed.

GFC 1.jpg

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'll see if I can dig up a picture. From when I had it on it worked great. Didn't notice it while offroading (not just fire trails, actual rock crawling off camber shit).

I however moved over to a GFC as it was the best option for me to get my death-spinning dog up into the tent LOL. She hates being picked up. this also allows me to lock the bed for my climbing trips and opens up more options for more semi-permanent items in the bed.

GFC 1.jpg
That's a really nice set up. What sliders are those?

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave

Jeep Gladiator RTT owners, are you satisfied with.. GFC 1
Jeep Gladiator RTT owners, are you satisfied with.. IMG_20211004_170215764

I'm your brother from another Mother. Jeep GFC combo for me too.
Somewhere on the Mojave Road, the morning after this pic I had wind, rain, and thunder storm. I was actually quite beautiful.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
That's a really nice set up. What sliders are those?
Those are Metalcloak. I like these for many reasons:

- I used these on my JK for years. I have bashed the shit out of them, slammed onto rocks, and they held up exceptionally well.

- I wanted slim steps

- I wanted steps that I could take off if necessary.

- The steps also can be flipped to straight out, or be like the picture, angled down.

Nothing else that I have seen, tried, or friends/jeep club people have had stood up as well as these things. the sliders are buff as hell and are amazing.
Sponsored