Sponsored

3000 Budget for Rack and RTT. What would you choose?

jt712

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So I have set a 3000 budget for my 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow no utility rains. I want to hear what you guys would choose for a bed rack system and RTT. Things I am leaning torward right now is the JCR half rack, but I am worried it won’t fit longer tents. But I like the look of it the best. But I want to hear your opinions as this will be my first setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jt712

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
FYI I mostly Solo camp but could potentially have my two kids with me or my large dog.

LaRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2007 JKU, 1989 YJ
I think you're on the right track with the JCR Rack. Looks like you'd be limited to a 5' width folded (length of the bed), along with the budget goal you will be looking at a soft shell roof top tent that folds out to the side like a Tepui Kukenam. Should be a good setup, I often see similarly equipped rigs on the road.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Yea if you want a longer tent it will have to be a full rack. if you can push a little more then 3k i would look at the tough stuff alpha 2 tent. Rebel offroad also has a great half rack. That was the set up i originally planned and i just decided i use my bed to much to limit the space with a half rack

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
If I were going to do a RTT, I'd go with the Maximus 3 rack. A little pricey, but by far my favorite rack.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Tuwa Pro rack for me. But not interested in a rooftop tent. Adjustable below cab, at cab and above cab height.
Jeep Gladiator 3000 Budget for Rack and RTT.  What would you choose? IMG_20211226_091445762
Sponsored