First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Great concept, but it sticks above the cab. Add a RTT and you have major drag

Can't wait to see it
I have a GFC that sticks above the cab and have no extra drag (I mean there is, but there has been no MPG loss so I say there is "no" extra drag) lol.

I'd rather be able to use my rearview mirror still. Half racks you can't and thats the only reason I refused to go that route. That and any of the A frame style tents that I prefer can not fit on a half rack.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I have a GFC that sticks above the cab and have no extra drag (I mean there is, but there has been no MPG loss so I say there is "no" extra drag) lol.

I'd rather be able to use my rearview mirror still. Half racks you can't and thats the only reason I refused to go that route. That and any of the A frame style tents that I prefer can not fit on a half rack.
Thanks.

ETA: JCR came out with a similar rack. Prefer to go with them

Because of you guys I'm gonna go with the Datnfab and Softopper with tent extension and a TuffStuff Alpha RTT. Now I just need the wife to pop out a few more kids to justify all the camping space.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please Datin-Cage-1x1-04

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please Camper-Tent-Full-Size-Truck-1-1050x1050

Last edited:

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@BuckSawLilandtheGoose how has the combo held up? Any pics? I'm looking forward to their new 4-person tent coming out in July so wanted to see what it looked like on your setup and get your feedback
They are holding up well. The Alpha tent shell coating is peeling but they are replacing it under warranty. It's really cosmetic anyway but Tuff Stuff has great customer service. That is the only thing that has had any issues at all.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I ended up purchasing a Tuwa Pro rack. Checks all my boxes. Adjust in height too. Below, at, and above the roofline. So it can be lowered if you have a RTT on. I should have it mounted next week. If all goes well with shipping. Which was free from Tuwa.
https://tuwapro.com/products/jeep-gladiator-moab-bedrack

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Fishbone half rack and ikamper mini.
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please 96BFE22F-B372-4E92-ACB4-2B8F8A1AD008
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please 96BFE22F-B372-4E92-ACB4-2B8F8A1AD008
Nice setup. It looks like you have a tonneau cover but I can't tell what kind. Does the fishbone rack allow for tonneau rails to be mounted on top of it.

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Nice setup. It looks like you have a tonneau cover but I can't tell what kind. Does the fishbone rack allow for tonneau rails to be mounted on top of it.
It’s a access literider. With some weatherstripping you can pretty much make it water proof. The rails are mounted inside of the bed rails.

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
It’s a access literider. With some weatherstripping you can pretty much make it water proof. The rails are mounted inside of the bed rails.
Cool, thanks. I have the Bak Revolver X4s which also mounts inside the bed, but has and edge that goes over the rails about and 1-1.5 inch.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
I've recently installed a Yakima Overhaul HD rack on my Gladiator, I'm considering an iKamper 2.0 in a few months.

anyone else with a similar setup ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
With the announcement of JCR's new rack to accomodate a softopper I will be using that when it comes out

Rubijeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT Rubicon
I know! I know! it looks quite silly how it sticks out.
I got the diamond back cover. ATM I’m seeing it I can make a rack that bolts right on to the diamond back with a track system so I can remove the rack.
I've recently installed a Yakima Overhaul HD rack on my Gladiator, I'm considering an iKamper 2.0 in a few months.

anyone else with a similar setup ?
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please 3C38AA71-4485-41D9-86D4-2DE4CAF43AAF
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please B713991C-4F19-4B68-93D3-8E881F472761
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please A85BDCDF-3A79-42F5-A8EF-9EFD25A8DFC7
Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please D520E661-90DD-4B75-A7A6-313B095D19A8

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I'm VERY happy with the Leitner Designs ACS Forged rack.

Jeep Gladiator Bed Rack, Roof Rack, and RTT Recommendations Please SNOW PHOTO EDIT reduced size
Sponsored