Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Swapped out my Max tow flares for Rubicon ones using the Mopar kit
P/N 82215985
This number is for LED lights

The kits also come with inner fenders(which was a nice surprise )

These definitely changed the look of the truck. Made it look taller, which is what I was after.

Before pics

IMG_20200110_075523.jpg

IMG_20191007_164538.jpg

IMG_20200428_093354.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Took about 30 minutes start to finish(but I've been doing this for a living for over 15 yrs)

I got them at my local dealer(wholesale). You can order them from online vendors but you'll pay close to $200 more due to freight shipping. They come on a pallet. Your best best is to find someone local with a wholesale account to use.

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I had ordered some fender welt off Amazon but I didn't want to wait for it. It's only been a couple days an already had debris built up in between the fenders and body...

well the stuff showed up today. Blew the stuff out of the gap and stuff in the welt. Hope it helps. Looks like it will.

IMG_20200502_142431.jpg

IMG_20200502_142444.jpg

IMG_20200502_142456.jpg

Sponsored

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks good... Did you have to reprogram for the LED DLR's and Turn signals?

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I had already switched over to the LED fender lights before I got these flares. But yes, I used the tazer.
Thanks... In the before pics, it looks like you are still running the original lights... IMBW.
Did you secure the lights as take offs, or did you get them new....

What a change in the overall appearance of the Jeep with the Rubicon flares.
It doesn't change much appearance in the rear, but the front in fairly dramatic...

Looks great!...

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
The rear does more in person than the pics show. But agreed the difference is greater in the front.

The lights in both pictures are the mirimoto led lights.

The fender kit came with the OEM led lights. Wich I didn't use

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Not sure about the regular sport flares but they seem the same width as my Max tow ones

LJ357

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
After pics

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon fender swap IMG_20200502_142456

Thanks for sharing the pics and info Tim. New JT owner here and I ordered these exact flares using the part number you provided. Just spent 7 hours at the dealership and they still can't get the LED DRL's and turn signals to work correctly on my JT Sport S Edition. If you try to use the turn signals you get a "turn signal bulb out" and the DRL's do not come on unless you actually turn the lights on. So disappointed right now. Could you tell me which taser you used and the process to add the LED turn signals and DRL's? Dealer stated they would purchase the taser to make the problem right. It's funny because when I ordered these there was nothing stating these would not work on a Sport S Edition, the parts manager even double checked. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
larry

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
In my experience, the rubber welting was worse. Not sure where you are, but lots of sand here in FL that builds up on the welting. Better just to let it fall through. That’s just my situation, though

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Thanks for sharing the pics and info Tim. New JT owner here and I ordered these exact flares using the part number you provided. Just spent 7 hours at the dealership and they still can't get the LED DRL's and turn signals to work correctly on my JT Sport S Edition. If you try to use the turn signals you get a "turn signal bulb out" and the DRL's do not come on unless you actually turn the lights on. So disappointed right now. Could you tell me which taser you used and the process to add the LED turn signals and DRL's? Dealer stated they would purchase the taser to make the problem right. It's funny because when I ordered these there was nothing stating these would not work on a Sport S Edition, the parts manager even double checked. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
larry
I have the tazer mini, but either will work to enable LEDs.
As far as the DRL function, do you have the max tow package?
The standard sport (non Max tow) are not set up for DRL and as far as I know you have to make or buy the light wiring harness (I believe it comes in the full LED headlights kit) to make it have DRL

mine is a Max tow so I already had DRL and didn't have to make any additional changes other than enabling LEDs

As for them "not working" on a sport, they fasten to the body correctly and they are marketed as a flare kit(not a lighting kit) so technically they are what they say.

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
In my experience, the rubber welting was worse. Not sure where you are, but lots of sand here in FL that builds up on the welting. Better just to let it fall through. That’s just my situation, though
I'm in Boston, so not a huge problem with beach sand. Road salt/sand is another story..
I might pull them out...i had one come halfway out from not getting it deep enough in the groove.
Sponsored