Sponsored

Rugged Ridge Gladiator Rubicon Build [SEMA 2019]

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
I really like DRL signal chop on the fender. Not sure but it looks like something new because it looks different then the previous Rugged Ridge chop bracket.
rugged-ridge-jeep-gladiator-sema-build-2-jpg.jpg
I noticed that too. Different from the JL version shown last year.
Sponsored

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
While I appreciate the design intent of the snorkel, I can’t help to wonder about air flow and ability to maintain a seal with multiple pieces, hose clamps and vibrations.
iTS ALL TO LOOK PRETTY

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Maybe so

But I'm fine with that.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
While I appreciate the design intent of the snorkel, I can’t help to wonder about air flow and ability to maintain a seal with multiple pieces, hose clamps and vibrations.
Should be a non issue the company designs some nice stuff. I have a snorkel on my 4x4 MB Sprinter and there is a huge difference in keeping the air filter clean as the intake is up higher away from most of the dust.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Like that the rack they have on the truck bed works with a roll up cover. Even looks like it would work with a hard tri fold.
Horrifyingly the only item I've seen in the entirety of the SEMA pics that caught my attention. At least not counting things that have already been out a while. So much over the top stuff.

This however is tube-ey, think it would look great with tube doors, and a bed rack that works with a tonneau is definitely on my wish list. Like the mate up with the cab rack, and the overall length would be pretty spot on for 10' kayaks without sticking out much.

Like the light provisions, I've been thinking about how and where to put some extra back facing lighting.

Probably pushing the limits of getting under my garage door though, the info for the already out cab rack says 6" of height. I'm not sure I have that much left!

Nothing for info on the bed rack part though. Anyone at the show who can dig up some dirt on this would be awesome.

My only hope beyond what I see would be a side rack provision for extra storage, rotopax, etc.

Sponsored

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
any links to the rear bumper and front roof basket?

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Wondering if that rack will work with the Mopar OEM tonneau covet

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Wondering how much that whole rack system costs...I can modify that one to work for me..I like the way it looks as well
First prototype. Not finished with design yet but they got alot of good feedback. I'm sure the final result will be similar. And yes Rugged ridge is a little cheaper than some but from the few products I've had over the years they were good bang for the buck.

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
First prototype. Not finished with design yet but they got alot of good feedback. I'm sure the final result will be similar. And yes Rugged ridge is a little cheaper than some but from the few products I've had over the years they were good bang for the buck.
Appreciate the info. I hope they get something official together soon.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I’ve been really happy with my rugged ridge HD stubby front bumper. I like the rear bumper on this truck also, just wish they had provisions to build the receiver INTO the bumper instead of keeping it below. A hitch receiver behind the license would be perfect.

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I consulted for OMIX-ADA, aka "Rugged Ridge" once upon a time. May look tempting but it's all made in China.
And sooo many brands that they own. I’ll pay a little extra for something
1)Made in America
B)Made by small business/Local
Last)Aluminum

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Most of the Truck Hero brands are made in the US, but they design stuff in house and send it off to the cheapest willing manufacturer for Rugged Ridge

outcastjt

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU 2020 JT
Occupation
Self Employeed
It's been a year and I haven't found the rack for sale yet.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
They didn’t make the rear bumper compatible with the qtr panel rock sliders like this picture shows. Such a waste.
Sponsored