Sponsored

Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Winch plate comes with the bumper. :) how big is the SuperWinch?
Awesome!

EDIT:

Ordered front and rear bumpers from 4WP, they were by far the cheapest.

I ordered a Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch with Synthetic Rope.

The winch selection was a bit confusing. I haven't bought a winch in over a decade. My last one was a top of the line Warn. But now the market/ prices are all over the place. I might use this winch once a year tops, so I didn't want to splurge $2500 for bluetooth and a hand massaging controller. In our modern time of influencers and ad-riddled copy/ paste top 10 articles, I couldn't find a lot of legit info on winch comparisons. Hence just going with the mid-tier Warn.

I also went 10k, because that is plenty for our 6,250 GVRW, especially with something like a snatch block.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I put this bumper on my Mojave back in March of this year. Initially, I did have issues reinstalling the Mojave skid plate. I could only get one of the front screws to line up.

A short time later, I removed the bumper to install my winch. When I reinstalled it, the skid plate worked. All the holes lined up. I realized that all I had done differently was attach the two front screws first. Then the four rear screws. I did not have to notch the skid. Yes, it does touch the same points where @Dakotaz notched it, but it’s on there nice and secure.

I love this bumper! And I love the X Striker with it! Y’all have me considering the HD rear bumper now. Looks amazing!

1EC335F4-B04B-4157-90EC-946CA9B5E6A3.jpeg
9A01CA08-D866-42DF-8E38-98F5F5934253.jpeg

Note: I had similar issues with the power cables coming out the back of my Badland Apex 12k winch. They were smashing up against the grille. I rerouted the power cables to come out the side of the winch and it worked great!
This is the same exact setup I have sitting in a box waiting to install on the build, looks great!

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Thanks for the info regarding the skid plate. If you get the rear bumper to match, you will have to get the LED license plate bolts as you lose your original license plate lights. I also noticed that my rear parking sensors are a bit erratic. Sometimes operating normally and sometimes continually beeping at me when nothing is there. I’m not sure if it was an improper install or if the hooks sticking out from the bumper are interfering with the sensors. Logic would dictate that they should beep every time if it were the hooks in the way. I just turned the rear parking sensors off. Don’t really need them anyway. Otherwise, I really like the bumper.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I installed the front bumper on Friday. Install wasn't bad, but I did fail a few times trying to align the studs, until... I noticed that one of the holes on my Jeep frame was off-center from the factory. A drill bit solved this issue.

The bumper really suits the front end. I'm digging it!

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 20211008_193935

Unrelated: Compare my front end to darksidedesigns and you might spot a difference between our grills since I have a Max Tow.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
I installed the front bumper on Friday. Install wasn't bad, but I did fail a few times trying to align the studs, until... I noticed that one of the holes on my Jeep frame was off-center from the factory. A drill bit solved this issue.

The bumper really suits the front end. I'm digging it!

20211008_193935.jpg

Unrelated: Compare my front end to darksidedesigns and you might spot a difference between our grills since I have a Max Tow.
Really love this look, bummed it won't work for my build and I'm forced to go stubby b/c tire size but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Looks great!

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Really love this look, bummed it won't work for my build and I'm forced to go stubby b/c tire size but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Looks great!
37s?

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
My guess is @darksidedesign may have done a grille swap with a JL.

OP
OP
chrismeece74

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Hoping when I put the mopar lift on and go to 35s I don't have issues, really don't want to have to go to the stubby version.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Hoping when I put the mopar lift on and go to 35s I don't have issues, really don't want to have to go to the stubby version.
You’ll be fine with 35s.

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
My guess is @darksidedesign may have done a grille swap with a JL.
That he did. I didn’t want to mess with the stock grille, so I picked up a JL Rubicon grille and plasti-dipped it. Much cheaper than buying the matte black Mopar grille.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I have the stock Rubicon LE springs on 35s with no issues.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Got my Badlands Apex 12k winch installed yesterday. It was a tight fit but I didn't have to fully remove the bumper to get it mounted. I re-routed the positive lead from the winch out the side since there was no room where it exited the winch since the fit was so tight. I was surprised how little clearance there is between the winch and the grill. Basically there is none as it's actually touching ever so slightly. Did anyone do anything to rectify that situation with the Badlands winch?

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 20211017_203523884_iOS

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I put this bumper on my Mojave back in March of this year. Initially, I did have issues reinstalling the Mojave skid plate. I could only get one of the front screws to line up.

A short time later, I removed the bumper to install my winch. When I reinstalled it, the skid plate worked. All the holes lined up. I realized that all I had done differently was attach the two front screws first. Then the four rear screws. I did not have to notch the skid. Yes, it does touch the same points where @Dakotaz notched it, but it’s on there nice and secure.

I love this bumper! And I love the X Striker with it! Y’all have me considering the HD rear bumper now. Looks amazing!

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 20211017_203523884_iOS

Note: I had similar issues with the power cables coming out the back of my Badland Apex 12k winch. They were smashing up against the grille. I rerouted the power cables to come out the side of the winch and it worked great!
Would you be so kind to post a picture of how that skid plate looks from underneath, specifically how it snugs up against the bumper? Thanks in advance.

DTJB

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I have the full width, and 35x12.5 my tires chew on the bumper wings when cornering under flex, bad enough to bend the bottom section of the bumper... I’ll get some pictures when I get home from work... I love the look of it but I’ll definitely need a lift to go 37’s and then maybe some trimming of the bumper... I have a 1.5” tereflex level on mine wheels are 17x9 with 4.5” back spacing
Sponsored