Running wiring to bed/box for lights

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Here’s a few pics of my progress. I went with the Westin rack and JCOffroad overland basket- both work great together and perfect for what we are using them for. I ran HD trailer cable from battery area down through some of the frame tube and some just same route as other stuff that is there from factory, and up inside the bed wall to come out the top and directly into the rack tube so all is completely hidden. Notice the channels on the bottom of the basket frame pieces that allow sliding nuts to be used to mount to rack. Rubber spacers are just slices of reinforced automotive rubber hose. And plastic gutter shield tucks everything up and inside the cross tubes of the rack. All goes to AuxBeam controller. I’ll post a couple more tomorrow.

70AFA751-AB27-403D-AAD4-74FF32E8ED7B.jpeg

73193124-F7B6-4331-8C70-E3DDC3D241D8.jpeg

C1CB9B4C-ABC8-4A49-82AB-F0B42903C83A.jpeg

C081F91F-2F13-4FAE-B93B-4CB00652FCD1.jpeg

BE2A6F35-36E8-4727-A926-F7A80A4639BB.jpeg

DAB5C724-4881-4E88-9A9B-3DC6647EE314.jpeg

AE198984-759D-423B-B2CD-331D7C411659.jpeg
Let us know how the Auxbeam works out, been looking for a switch panel, but seeing mixed reviews on those.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Sure thing- should have finished today. Had left shoulder surgery a month ago so this has all been one-wing work. And I’m left handed, haha!

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Hey all, newbie here, first time Jeep/truck owner. We bought our first Gladiator for our new business, and are setting up the rack with lights and white/amber emergency lights in back. Any special route to run the wiring to get back there? Through the cab and under the seats/carpet? Under the chassis/through the main frame beams maybe? All lighting will be controlled by an AuxBeam switch panel. Thanks!
wired my gmrs wire through the passenger upper trim and through the rear pressure vent, sliced the vent to allow it to fall around the wire and not allow things to crawl in. With the radio being inside the cab and the antenna requiring outside mounting, seemed like a good route and it worked well.

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
wired my gmrs wire through the passenger upper trim and through the rear pressure vent, sliced the vent to allow it to fall around the wire and not allow things to crawl in. With the radio being inside the cab and the antenna requiring outside mounting, seemed like a good route and it worked well.

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Nice!

And JT and JL front fenders make such excellent tool and coffee mug!beer shelves that I covered mine with “carbon fiber” film to protect them from scratches.

A8A27309-54BB-452F-B6A6-F747B98666EA.jpeg

5C1D8BF8-E2B3-4986-85E3-444317007E4F.jpeg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

And JT and JL front fenders make such excellent tool and coffee mug!beer shelves that I covered mine with “carbon fiber” film to protect them from scratches.

Jeep Gladiator Running wiring to bed/box for lights 5C1D8BF8-E2B3-4986-85E3-444317007E4F

Jeep Gladiator Running wiring to bed/box for lights 5C1D8BF8-E2B3-4986-85E3-444317007E4F
That looks amazing. Where did you source that film? Hope you don’t mind if I follow that lead.

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon $10. I just cut to 30” length, started up by hood latch up against the body, and worked down. Then trimmed to shape with a kitchen scissors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L9J4JRG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Adhesive I assume? Checking link after I type this lazily. It really looks good. I think it would compliment my billet silver as well. How long has it been there? Any issues with bubbling after prolonged sun exposure? Mine is in the driveway and Colorado sun is intense. :)

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Adhesive I assume? Checking link after I type this lazily. It really looks good. I think it would compliment my billet silver as well. How long has it been there? Any issues with bubbling after prolonged sun exposure? Mine is in the driveway and Colorado sun is intense. :)
Thanks, and yeah, self-adhesive and goes on super easy, bubbles push right out. I am in MN and it’s been in heated garage for 3 whole days haha, but various trios around town in below zero weather and no issues so far.

OP
OP

Dredge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Okay finally done with all wiring and AuxBeam install. Man, once you get all wiring to box under the hood, it’s a snap to finish up. I still need to lower windshield a bit to pull control panel cord down and out of sights more.

Nice positive “click” on buttons, soft back lighting, sweet shut-off power switch that shuts down all lights with one click, top quality throughout (and I’m picky about that), everything is nice and tight, I love it. I didn’t go with the factory or aftermarket Aux switch setup because I love that open spot for receipts and such, and I like the AuxBeam control panel up on the dash where I don’t have to look down by the shift knob to operate it. And I left the first button blank as it is a 30amp switch and I’ll leave that in case I add something crazy.

Don’t hate on my one-handed wiring please! I’ll tidy things up once I’m out of the sling.

3CDA5CE8-EAF1-4C5C-A005-835634E4D318.jpeg

63E8FA3B-7C96-4064-A54E-997C9ABBFD9A.jpeg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, and yeah, self-adhesive and goes on super easy, bubbles push right out. I am in MN and it’s been in heated garage for 3 whole days haha, but various trios around town in below zero weather and no issues so far.
Thanks. On my list of things to do. When it gets warmer here.

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I can’t figure out how to remove the trim behind the back seats to access the vent. How’d you do it?

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
Above the pocket, there is a rectangular panel that comes off using a trim tool. Behind that is a couple screws. Take those out and the. It’s just pop rivets holding it in. I didn’t take the whole panel out just made it so I could work behind it all. Let me know if you have more trouble.
Sponsored