Sponsored

Safely disabling your Gladiator through fuse box?

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Through the fuse box, is there a safe and quick way to disable your Gladiator without risk to the vehicle?

Canada has turned into the worst country for car theft. I wish it was like the U.S. where I could own guns and protect my own property.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Support Coordinator
A tazer mini will let you set a pin code so the vehicle can't be driven unless the pin is entered.

OP
OP
Horde

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A tazer mini will let you set a pin code so the vehicle can't be driven unless the pin is entered.
Ok, so if one of the thieves try to plug into the OBS, they won't be able to access it without the PIN?

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Not quite sure honestly. Check it out here

From what I understand, when the pin code is enabled, then every time you try to start the vehicle you have to enter the pin. The tazer itself mimics the SGW module. Unplug the 2 connectors going to the SGW and plug them into the tazer. The tazer has to be installed for the pin lock to work. It does not plug into the OBD port. The SGW module is above the OBD port. They wouldn't know the tazer was installed.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Not quite sure honestly. Check it out here

From what I understand, when the pin code is enabled, then every time you try to start the vehicle you have to enter the pin. The tazer itself mimics the SGW module. Unplug the 2 connectors going to the SGW and plug them into the tazer. The tazer has to be installed for the pin lock to work. It does not plug into the OBD port. The SGW module is above the OBD port. They wouldn't know the tazer was installed.
Unless they are reading this post and look for the tazer on their next job. But at least you slowed them down a few more seconds. Still a good idea though.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Last edited:

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Unless they are reading this post and look for the tazer on their next job. But at least you slowed them down a few more seconds. Still a good idea though.
12-year-olds learn how to steal KIA's from a Chinese app for kids, Tik-Tok. That's amateur stuff.

If someone wants to steal your car, they'll tow it out.

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
Canada has turned into the worst country for car theft. I wish it was like the U.S. where I could own guns and protect my own property.

Thanks
LOL! Just move to ‘Murica! As long as you are allowed to leave ;) We will welcome you with open arms, and may provide you a gun just for moving
Also, that really sucks to hear about all the theft going on up there. Really weird as I would have never thought this would happen 10+ years ago.

OP
OP
Horde

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was in Florida gulf side last X-Mas and felt safer than up north.

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
If the government won't punish crime and you can't protect yourself from it, what do we call it?

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT
I'd second the tazer. It's not foolproof since they can find it and remove it, but the typical car thief wants to get in and out, to my understanding. So when it doesn't work, they'll just move on to a different one.