Sponsored

Safely disabling your Gladiator through fuse box?

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Every piece of equipment I have ever operated has had one of these , easy fix for you
Jeep Gladiator Safely disabling your Gladiator through fuse box? Screenshot_20230310-200146_Amazon Shoppin

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If you disrupt the flow of current between the batteries and the truck, it creates other issues. This shuts down the computers, which are normally always on, so they have to boot up before it will start. The emissions will be in a constant state of reset, so it will be very difficult to pass a Smog Check. Anyone with the 8.4 Uconnect will also have trouble since it takes a while to recover after losing power.

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Did zautomotive sort out the issue with the PIN?

I'm pretty sure I read someone here set it up and when the ess activated they had to put in the pin before it would restart...

If you don't use ess I guess it's not a problem
It was reported in another thread that has been fixed. It does require an update to the latest firmware.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
It was reported in another thread that has been fixed. It does require an update to the latest firmware.
Yeah, I actually just found it and realized they sorted it out.. I updated my post..

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Through the fuse box, is there a safe and quick way to disable your Gladiator without risk to the vehicle?

Canada has turned into the worst country for car theft. I wish it was like the U.S. where I could own guns and protect my own property.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Despite the reputation of the U.S. in that regard, I donā€™t think thereā€™s a jurisdiction where youā€™re not going to face criminal prosecution for shooting someone over a vehicleā€¦unless itā€™s parked in your bedroom.

If someone wants to steal mineā€¦they can have it. Iā€™ll replace it in a handful of days via an insurance check and be in a position to enjoy it because I wonā€™t be finding myself in ā€œpound me in the ass prison.ā€

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Ravelco pretty much top of the line when it comes to kill switches.
From https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rom-driveway-dont-let-it-happen-to-you.66128/
Yeah, in millions of installs. LOL - their hype is worse than a certain politician from way back. Hyperbole it's called.

I'd make a bet with 'em - that I could discover their trick in a given vehicle.
Frankly, I can do the same a lot cheaper (well under $100) and it would not only be just as "fool proof" (or better) and you'd not need a big honkin' plug to carry around.

If I get a chance this summer, if things cool off and slow down for business a bit, I'll be using some of my ideas on my own JT. The "key" will be hidden, no need to do anything special for a dealer visit or leave anything with anyone.

No way am I paying hundreds for someone to hack into vehicle wiring and me not knowing every single step being used.

Bulldog4xfour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sahara