Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yep,same. I kept seeing a Bronco Sport in town and thought someone took an Escape and put "BRONCO" letters across the front grill.
Or Ford flex
Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Probably saw the "Bronco Sport" as the actual Bronco that most are anticipating hasn't gone into production yet. Probably late March or early April. And yes, the Bronco Sport is uninspiring especially to serious off road people. đź‘Ť
This is key. The Sport is the smaller, cheaper, model based on the Escape. This is what they were calling the "baby bronco" in the pre-production hype. Obviously, we're fairly Jeep biased here and that's as it should be, but don't get it twisted. Whenever the actual Bronco is finally available, it will be a solid competitor for the Wrangler in performance and sales.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I think the 'Bronco Sport' is a big marketing fail on Ford's part, potential customers can't even tell the products apart.
I also think the Bronco is going to come across as cheap. All those easy-to-remove panels are gonna squeak and rattle. You just Think the Wrangler hardtop leaks? Add two more removeable panels to it. It will make noise too. I think people will like the power of the turbo six but Hate the sound. Time will tell, assuming they are actually able to start producing them.

PS: the Bronco 'Pickup' will be more like a mini version of the old Hummer SUT. Competition is Good, though!

SteveA

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xxxx
Occupation
Unemployed
I knew a guy who worked on the first concepts of the Bronco a few years ago, had multiple conversations with a couple of insiders and even insight to a 12th floor guy. Make no mistake the Bronco is a well thought out program and specifically targets what are perceived Wrangler short comings with steering and cabin road noise at the top of the list. Ford also believes the Bronco will do everything in the dirt at least as well if not better than the Wrangler except rock crawl. There was a conscious decision made to give up extreme rock crawling capabilities and the straight front axle for ride and steering with IFS. I thought I wanted one but was pulled toward the Gladiator for the bed, increased towing and Rubicon winter road capabilities. However am very curious as to how the launch goes and if a truck version ever came out (probably wont) could be a buyer .

Sponsored

Trlr8tdd

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition JT, 2013 JKR
Occupation
Aviation Chief Inspector
As a lifelong Huge fan of the early Bronco, I’m impressed with the offerings from the Blue Oval team. That said, no Broncos were on the beach in Normandy France! It’s Mustang vs Camero. Fords wanting a piece of the Jeep Market and there going to get it, it’s going to have problems, what new vehicle doesn’t but it’s cool but not a Jeep.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
The Bronco has created a dilemma for me. I keep my vehicles for around 20 years and the next vehicle purchase will my last one before the EVs take over. I will use it primarily 50% as an errand runner around town (serious diesel concerns due to short trips), 20% highway travel to remove fishing/hunting locations, 20% interstate vacation travel, 10% work commute.

I have narrowed my selection to two choices.
1. JTRD or JTFD (Freedom) order. The JTRD with the 8% under invoice and similarly equipped to a Bronco is going to run me 52K. The JTFD will be 48k with discount. The JT is obviously a truck so you get the bed and higher towing capacity. However, having the covered storage area is a plus for the dog, gear and to keep luggage inside the vehicle. The reclinable back seats are also a plus for the rear passengers.

2. Pic below is similar to what i am ordering (4Dr Black Diamond 2.7, Auto, rear locker, marine grade vinyl seat, 4A, (4.46 gear ratio), steel bumpers, all active safety features (except adaptive cruise), LEDs, Ped watch, Hard top, headliner/roof rack, proximity/remote start, Aux switches, digital, standard 32" AT wheels, displays for about 45k after discount. I am waiting until the OKC auto show (first week of March) to look at it first hand before converting reservation to order. Although I reserved it the second day orders opened it appears it may not make the MY21 allocation at my dealer.
Jeep Gladiator Saw my first of the new Broncos today. 1613663451041

My other choice is ordering a JTRD or JTFD (Freedom) order. The JTRD with the 8% under invoice and similarly equipped is going to run me 52K. The JTFD will be 48k with discount. The JT is obviously a truck so you get the bed and higher towing capacity. However, having the covered storage area is a plus for the dog and keeping gear and luggage inside the vehicle.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Yep, the 2.7 TT in the Bronco is going to be impressive. 👆
How might Jeep respond? “But we gots a PIH!” Seems all the engineering HP is focused on all things electric right now. I know the V8 is close, but it will be priced out of 90% of buyers range-

Sponsored

2010JK

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Sport
I'll tell you one more thing: the 3.6 pentastar is going to be a complete dud next to the Ford's engines. Those are good engines. The pentastar is simply adequate, while the power delivery of the Ford's plants are stellar.
Wrangler has two engine options more powerful than anything the Bronco is going to have, and the reliability of the pentastar is worth the trade off of the extra 25 horses the 2.7 ford has. Not to mention, neither vehicle should be looked at for its power output anyways

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
As many of us know, the Bronco Sport would be in line more with the Jeep Compass with regard to competition.

And I think as Jeep owners, we should welcome the real Bronco when it comes this summer as it’s making the Wrangler and Gladiator better products. We’re already seeing the V8 and electric variants coming.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
As a lifelong Huge fan of the early Bronco, I’m impressed with the offerings from the Blue Oval team. That said, no Broncos were on the beach in Normandy France! It’s Mustang vs Camero. Fords wanting a piece of the Jeep Market and there going to get it, it’s going to have problems, what new vehicle doesn’t but it’s cool but not a Jeep.
I owned a full size Bronco (1996) up until a year ago and was very interested when I first heard they may be bringing it back. Problem is they've been teasing it since 2005! I bought my Gladiator fairly early, back in July of 19. Although I needed the bed of the Gladiator, I might have sucked it up if the Bronco had actually been available then.

Also had really hoped they'd base it off the F150 like most Broncos were from like 77-96. But I suppose there's little need for that with the Expedition and Excursion out there.

brewerydad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Laramie
I knew a guy who worked on the first concepts of the Bronco a few years ago, had multiple conversations with a couple of insiders and even insight to a 12th floor guy. Make no mistake the Bronco is a well thought out program and specifically targets what are perceived Wrangler short comings with steering and cabin road noise at the top of the list. Ford also believes the Bronco will do everything in the dirt at least as well if not better than the Wrangler except rock crawl. There was a conscious decision made to give up extreme rock crawling capabilities and the straight front axle for ride and steering with IFS. I thought I wanted one but was pulled toward the Gladiator for the bed, increased towing and Rubicon winter road capabilities. However am very curious as to how the launch goes and if a truck version ever came out (probably wont) could be a buyer .
Some of Wrangler's shortcomings corrected with the Bronco: standard non-folding windshield, hardtops with outer raised edges to prevent water leaking inside the cabin when front doors are opened, power front seats, dead pedal for driver left foot and, as noted above, IFS with no steering issues. For me, the folding windshield is a shortcoming. Every JL and JT I have test driven had bad wind leaks around the windshield.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I'll tell you one more thing: the 3.6 pentastar is going to be a complete dud next to the Ford's engines. Those are good engines. The pentastar is simply adequate, while the power delivery of the Ford's plants are stellar.
I have a 2.0 turbo in a Ford Escape. With a livernois tune it is tremendous. 225 ft lbs of torque from 4200 rpm to 6200 rpm. In my prior version of the same vehicle with the livernois tune tires would chirp shifting into 2nd and into third.
Sponsored