School me on upgrading system

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Those are the adapters you used? Why not plug them into the larger speaker as opposed to the mid?
There is a built-in crossover with one connector. Plug the small speaker to the oem harness for the small speaker, disconnect large speaker from crossover and use the crutchfield adapter to connect to the other one harness connector (don't use crossover connection).

Back of new speaker without the crutchfield adapter:

PXL_20201230_170106681.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
its not powerful enough?? For who? You? Or the people in the sound dampened s class benz 7 cars back?
cool post.

Correct, they’re not powerful enough when you have the doors and top off and you’re driving 70 on the highway with the wind blowing. I’d prefer not to drive with my volume all the way up as it gets distorted at max volume. Clearly I’m not the only one as there are dozens of posts about upgrading the low quality sound bar speakers. I’m not putting two 12”subs in the truck. I’m looking for quality.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
cool post.

Correct, they’re not powerful enough when you have the doors and top off and you’re driving 70 on the highway with the wind blowing. I’d prefer not to drive with my volume all the way up as it gets distorted at max volume. Clearly I’m not the only one as there are dozens of posts about upgrading the low quality sound bar speakers. I’m not putting two 12”subs in the truck. I’m looking for quality.
cool, bruh. Make sure you grip with the left hand strong, 12o’clock on the wheel so your tricep flexes just enough to make that barb wire bicep tattoo really pop.

im kidding. I cant imagine wanting to add stereo loud enough over top off and doors off interstate driving at 70, but my ears ring enough as it is.

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I wear ear plugs on the interstate in full jeep mode so a good stereo that’s loud is a positive

gsxr310

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR & JTR
There is a built-in crossover with one connector. Plug the small speaker to the oem harness for the small speaker, disconnect large speaker from crossover and use the crutchfield adapter to connect to the other one harness connector (don't use crossover connection).

Back of new speaker without the crutchfield adapter:

Jeep Gladiator School me on upgrading system PXL_20201230_170106681
Im trying to order via Crutchfield. How can I find the crossover adapter? If I enter 2020 JT for model w/ 8" UConnect, it says the SPV speakers won't fit. On Quadratec, in the parts included list it mentions "Crossover Wiring Pair". Is this the same adapter as Crutchfield?

Sponsored

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Im trying to order via Crutchfield. How can I find the crossover adapter? If I enter 2020 JT for model w/ 8" UConnect, it says the SPV speakers won't fit. On Quadratec, in the parts included list it mentions "Crossover Wiring Pair". Is this the same adapter as Crutchfield?
When you add the speakers to the cart, it added the "aftermarket" stuff and it included the Metra 72... Adapter (see page 2 of this thread).

You want to unplug the white/black cable from the new large speaker, then use the Metra 72... Adapter and plug to oem harness where the old large speaker connected. Connect the small speaker to the oem harness where the small speaker was connected.

El_Zorro

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator