Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Some people like to share their unhappiness and I stay away from those miserable sons of b!tches.
Sadly, that is seen everywhere. The happy people are quiet and content, and just go about their day. The others share every chance they get, and when they have free time they go looking for new places to share their discontent.

cabledog5

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD pro Ford explorer
I started in 78 with CJ5 move up to CJ7 and them had to go to work for a living so i got Toyota truck next TRD , next Toyota FJ had to but needed a truck so went back to 2017 TRD pro truck. so I know Toyota makes a hell of a truck, traded my PRO for JT in November put 35s on and mopar 2inch lift Gator green and Hell no i would not trade it back for Toyota, my Green Goat has a look of its own and Toyota has nothing to compare.

Sponsored

Bruticus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Gladiator JT; Copperhead Willy's Wrangler Unlimited JL
I am scratching my head over the myriad complaints on this forum. Are these folks who never owned a Jeep Wrangler before and have unrealistic expectations or who unfortunately encountered a lemon? They seem disproportionately represented on this forum.
Couldn't agree more... I've owned Toyotas, Subarus, Porsches, Audis, Mazdas, Fords, Hyundais, VWs, RAMs, Minis, Volvos, and others--including two other Jeeps--and my JT has been more reliable than any of them, with ZERO defects from the factory or dealer. Call me lucky, but I couldn't be happier.

TrewBrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
Maybe if I wanted to complain about something..I leased it I should have bought it, that way I could do cool things with it. I have a black Rubicon...The other colors have cool names, most of the decals I have found are black.

It has been cold out since November so I have not had the top off yet.

Papa_smurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR - GATOR
I think you probably hit the nail on the head. I'm betting a lot of people with JT's never have owned a Jeep and are simply used to something a little more "refined"

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
I think it's a combination. Because forums are so easy to be part of, we hear a lot more of how great, or how awful something is. In my case, i still love my JT...however it has been surprisingly disappointing at the same time, and i'm doing everything i can to make sure the dealer irons out the kinks before the warranty is up in a few years. Thus far i've had the rear driveshaft replaced due to vibration, a loose screw in the dashboard rolling around (seriously made a lot of noise when steering left/right, accelerating or braking, like a friggin marble was rolling around in there)....so i wonder what isn't properly fastened in the dash since the dealer simply disassembled the dash and removed the screw. I also under 5,000miles had to have the idler pulley replaced. It sounded like a rattle snake under the hood. hahahaa. I also have bushings that squeak and creak louder than ANY of my XJ's, TJ's, ZJ, and WJ's that had well over 200k on them. SO, not saying it's junk, but there are legitimate problems that some of us are unfortunately plagued with. Some may roll their eyes and pull the "it's supposed to squeak....it's a jeep" bullsh*t, but my response to that is.....it isn't WWII anymore. We have come a long way, and at the price point of a jeep, i expect something as simple as a rubber bushing to be made and assembled and torqued properly. That all being said, i'll end with saying it again: I still love my Gladiator. LOL

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I think you probably hit the nail on the head. I'm betting a lot of people with JT's never have owned a Jeep and are simply used to something a little more "refined"
There is a guy over on the Wrangler forum wringing his hands because he has 'angst' the diesel will be too loud. :facepalm:

Sponsored

TrewBrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator - Rubicon
This is my first jeep past three vehichles have been two f150s and a GMC Yukon. My first test ride I noticed the unrefined parts. I of it, but I wanted a Jeep and that is what the Galdiator is I love the thing and don't know why I waited so long to get in a Jeep.

KAT$JT

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
~ 2020 Punk'n Metallic Rubicon JT ~ 2019 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack ~
Occupation
Director of IT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that's me, my first Jeep. But unrefined is what I was looking for. I was super bored with my refined & near perfect vehicles. I wanted to feel like part of the vehicle, not just along for the ride. My JT Rubicon with manual transmission is the perfect unrefined, drive it & feel it vehicle.

OP
OP
Daveark

Daveark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKR, 2016 JKUHR, 1956 F250, 2016 Miata MX-5, 2017 F450, 2011 Ram 3500, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t had my Gladiator very long, but long enough to assess issues others have reported (e.g., loose steering, uncomfortable seating, hvac response, etc.). Honestly, since I picked my ride up relatively late one night, I held my breath while testing out the steering input/response the next day. Happy to report all good. No issues at all.

I had only one problem. I noticed some annoying whistling noises at highway speeds...but that turned out to be me.

Kidding aside, godspeed to those who need Jeep to sort their sortable problems. As for the rest (which I honestly suspect is the vast majority), congratulations.

To quote Emme Hall (reviewer): “It's definitely the truck I -- and so many others -- have been waiting for.”

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - refined. Let's see - my other vehicles - 2004 WJ Special Edition, 1973 Javelin with scratched windshield, leaking transmission, headers, dual quads, 100,000 miles, no AC - a tilt column I haven't yet installed, a 1982 SX4 I rebuilt and restored from the ground up - it has EFI because I put a 4.0 in it, T5, cruise because I used the donor Jeep PCM and rigged a conversion circuit for the switch, power windows and locks because I installed them, totally manual seats............. this is the first refined vehicle I have owned - although honestly, my wife has been buying Grand Cherokees for decades, so she's used to refined and perfection.

I prefer a vehicle to be an extension of me. I want to feel as if I'm one with it and can predict what it will and won't do. The JT allows that in a modern vehicle. Otherwise, the only vehicles I feel I'm totally part of and they are part of me, extensions of me, are my other cars. I wanted something different, new, but cool, too - that would go along with my roughing it with the others. I think the JT is a good fit with the others - and to be driving it hauling those other cars to races, shows, whatever - I'll be arriving in style. And the AMC people tend to love Jeeps anyway.
I took that Eagle and made it reflect me, who I am, made it how I wanted it to be (although I did try to follow factory stock as much as possible) and the other car is going that direction too. The Eagle will never be sold while I'm alive and able to drive it because it's such a perfect fit, like a glove. The JT will have to really sorely disappoint me before it will go - and if it does, I'll go back to Jeep again, perhaps another Gladiator. I can make it mine - more than most other trucks.

None of your friends, family, spouse, whatever, are perfect, maybe you even complain about them now and then - but you keep 'em around, right? The good outweighs the bad - and if not, time to move on.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I've had two Jeeps and never had a single problem with either one, with that said my only complaint on the gladiator is the floaty steering, other than that I love it.
Hi Brandon,
We're sorry to hear about your steering concern. Are you considering having this addressed? Feel free to send our team a PM if assistance is needed while working with your dealer.
Alex
JeepCares
Sponsored