Sponsored

Sector Shaft brace compatibility

JS52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Looking to see if anyone has any feedback or recommendations on a steering / sector shaft brace that would work with adjustable track bars with a more aggressive bend like the Rough Country or Maxtrac.

For example Steersmart states theirs will not work with the RC or Core4x4 track bars.

I already have a maxtrac adjustable track bar with a Zone 3" lift and want to add a brace to my aluminum steering box. I do have an extended Mopar warranty but the local dealer was not too keen on trying to replicating the issue though we live in a super high wind area where the wandering is apparent.

Any info/direction would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I Still have to install my MC brace

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Synergy might work. Not quite as beefy as steer smarts.

OP
OP

JS52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Synergy might work. Not quite as beefy as steer smarts.
Thanks for the recommendation, I emailed them to see if they had any feedback but coming from working in the aftermarket industry for years I doubt they have tested or will confirm fitment with other brand components.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Why not get dealer to do the steel steering box replacement first, all you have to say is it seems to wander and they fix it, then the Metal Cloak brace does look like a good option as it braces from opposite the frame, but they do say check for clearance might need to adjust bump stops……Jack

Last edited:

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Thanks for the recommendation, I emailed them to see if they had any feedback but coming from working in the aftermarket industry for years I doubt they have tested or will confirm fitment with other brand components.
According to the feedback in this forum, they're one of the more candid brands.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have the SteerSmart brace and the Core 4x4 track bar. Didn't have any problems with the install or operation of it. What I had to do with the Core track bar was to enlarge the hole on the bracket on the axle.

Jeep Gladiator Sector Shaft brace compatibility 1692928100683

Jeep Gladiator Sector Shaft brace compatibility 1692928133215

Jeep Gladiator Sector Shaft brace compatibility 1692928166420

willys 41

First Name
Larry Olund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Machinist / Auto Technician
I put the steer smart sector shaft brace and there track bar on my jeep
On full compression of the right front suspension there track bar WILL hit the bearing housing
Three chooses
1. grind a relief in the track bar witch I did to clear the factory and steer smarts track bar
2. Add bump stops
3. Use a Synergy track bar that is bent to clear a sector shaft brace
I am now using the Synergy track bar on both my Jeeps
The steer smart sector shaft brace is strong and will eliminate the steering gear box from moving back and forth on the frame put it has one flaw
The two bolts that hold the bearing housing to the brace will come loss no mater how tight or how much loctite you use
To salve this problem I removed the bearing. mounted the bearing housing in my Bridgeport mill perfectly lined up and drilled a 5/16 hole all the way through so now it is held in place with a 5/16 grade 8 through bolted and will no longer walk the two original bolts loss
I have no experiences with Synergy sector shaft brace put I have herd they have the same problem
Metalcloak sector shaft brace looks promising put I am concerned that the rivet nuts that they use will over time come loss. If you could get some butterfly nut inside the cross member it would be perfect
This has been my experience sector shaft braces and track bars and how I solved some of the issues

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I have the metalcloak sector shaft brace on mine. It works. There's no in between when it comes to certain components. Either they work or they don't and the Metalcloak brace works. And it's not an expensive component. I have a the mopar lift with 3/4" spacer up front. No clearance issues. Even when rock crawling. Which, I feel like I should because my bumpstops (in my opinion) are too short. But nope. No clearance issues.

It has a few exceptions though:
1. Doesn't work with stock height jeeps. You don't have to worry about that.
2. Doesn't work with a drag link flip kit.
3. The website says that it may require additional bumpstop for better clearance of the trackbar. But if I don't have any issues, you shouldn't because you have a bigger lift.
4. And if you wanted a steering box brace, you could always buy that brace at a later date. It's two separate pieces.

Sponsored