Sponsored

Selectable Tire Fill Alert

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Good Afternoon,
Early build Gladiator Rubicons do not have this feature, as it was still being prepared for release. As far as we are aware, new Gladiator Rubicons do have this as standard equipment. As of now, there is no way to retrofit this to early build Gladiator Rubicons.
Alex
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares
Thank you for your prompt reply.

What is considered an early build Gladiator, and a new build? Mine was built in the month of September...I would think that would be considered new.
Sponsored

Last edited:

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red
Good Afternoon,
Early build Gladiator Rubicons do not have this feature, as it was still being prepared for release. As far as we are aware, new Gladiator Rubicons do have this as standard equipment. As of now, there is no way to retrofit this to early build Gladiator Rubicons.
Alex
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares
Alex,
What do you consider early and late build cutoff? My rubicon has a build date of July 21, 2019 and no tire fill alert.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Interesting that it was a feature touted for the Gladiator Rubicons when announced but "no way" to retrofit??? There is most likely a way but not a cost-effective way for FCA. It isn't that big of a deal to air down and up the way I've been doing it, just a feature that was implied but not delivered to some that ordered April 4th but was delivered to others who ordered the same day..... That is wrong in my opinion. FCA should work with the early Rubicon owners to get them the correct sensors and software upgrade needed to make this right!

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
To me it seems like it should just be a software update.

This is very frustrating!!! Something has to be done!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares
Thank you for your prompt reply.

What is considered an early build Gladiator, and a new build? Mine was built in the month of September...I would think that would be considered new.
@JeepCares
Alex,
What do you consider early and late build cutoff? My rubicon has a build date of July 21, 2019 and no tire fill alert.
Interesting that it was a feature touted for the Gladiator Rubicons when announced but "no way" to retrofit??? There is most likely a way but not a cost-effective way for FCA. It isn't that big of a deal to air down and up the way I've been doing it, just a feature that was implied but not delivered to some that ordered April 4th but was delivered to others who ordered the same day..... That is wrong in my opinion. FCA should work with the early Rubicon owners to get them the correct sensors and software upgrade needed to make this right!
Hello,
Our team was notified late September that this feature was now available. If a process is released to retrofit this feature, we will be sure to reach out on the appropriate threads. If your vehicle has this feature, it will be stated on your window sticker. I hope this provides some clarification. I do apologize that I do not have more information at this time.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
To me it seems like it should just be a software update.

This is very frustrating!!! Something has to be done!
My guess it that it involves new TPMS sensors in the wheels. I think the ones we have require the wheels to turn a while before the sensor picks up the pressure. Either they have more sensors on around the wheels or different sensors on the valves in order to instantly sense the pressure. Just my opinion but still not right that some Rubicons didn't get them while others do....

zncram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red
My guess it that it involves new TPMS sensors in the wheels. I think the ones we have require the wheels to turn a while before the sensor picks up the pressure. Either they have more sensors on around the wheels or different sensors on the valves in order to instantly sense the pressure. Just my opinion but still not right that some Rubicons didn't get them while others do....
I just checked on one out on our lot that shows to have tire fill alert and compared the TPMS Sensor number it calls for to the one mine (does not have tire fill alert) calls for and it is the same sensor...

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I just checked on one out on our lot that shows to have tire fill alert and compared the TPMS Sensor number it calls for to the one mine (does not have tire fill alert) calls for and it is the same sensor...
It's 100 % software. People are using the system with JK take offs.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
So all those 4190 people (me included) who bought the launch edition are going to get this feature added back in? Or are we just SOL... Seems like you might want to take care of the early adopters

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
So all those 4190 people (me included) who bought the launch edition are going to get this feature added back in? Or are we just SOL... Seems like you might want to take care of the early adopters
Early adopters hahahahah. Their are still LEs that haven't shipped. Be the granite crystal ones have it.

Sponsored

jravin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Shades of the missing Off Road Pages on the 2018 JL Jeep Wranglers.....

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
The wheels do not have to be in motion for the dash panel to pick up on the pressure changing. I have a LE but not the tire alert, just the regular TPMS.

Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
Hello,
Our team was notified late September that this feature was now available. If a process is released to retrofit this feature, we will be sure to reach out on the appropriate threads. If your vehicle has this feature, it will be stated on your window sticker. I hope this provides some clarification. I do apologize that I do not have more information at this time.
Alex
Post #75 from JeepCares said:

Good Afternoon,
Alex
Jeep Cares

I hate to be a contrarian but her goes. Alex states Jeep Cares was notified that the Selectable Tire Pressure Alert System became available in September (presumably 2019). Today in post #75 he also says there is no way to retrofit early build Gladiator Rubicons.
Here come the contradictions...

#1: In November 2018 at the LA Auto Show, Mr Brandon Girmus who was introduced as the Jeep Gladiator brand manager gave a full presentation and described the Selectable Tire Fill Alert system. He said it was available on the Rubicon Gladiator. See this video starting at about the 14 minute mark.

#2: Video posted in April 2019 by Doug Demuro not only described the STFA system but also showed it in a Rubicon Gladiator. This video appears to have likely been sponsored. See the video starting around the 17 minute mark.
These are only two of a plethora of media resources highlighting the STFA System. It appears that based on the earlier FCA media that the STFA was available and produced on earlier releases of the Gladiator, then it wasn't available. At the time of my purchase in August my dealer said there was an issue with the system, and after it was resolved there would be a software update for the fix. Then according to Jeep Cares it just became available in September and there is no retrofit for earlier build Gladiators. Obviously the system was viable and was a focus of touting at the LA Expo in November of 2018 and a reality in the Gladiator shown in the video from April of 2019. What happened between April and September?

Last edited:

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Hello,
Alex
Jeep Cares
There have been a few that have gotten theirs to work with it not being stated on the window sticker. Mine is listed on my sticker and it works, but people like @Onebigyoshi have it going without it listed on a sticker.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I didn't even see it on my dash cluster going through the different areas
Sponsored