First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
The wheels do not have to be in motion for the dash panel to pick up on the pressure changing. I have a LE but not the tire alert, just the regular TPMS.
I’ve aired down and up a few times and the pressure doesn’t show correctly until the tires have rotated several times.
Sponsored

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I've done it several times sitting in my driveway and it adjusts rapidly.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Steven,
I do apologize as I should have clarified that our team was not given a clean point on when this feature became available, late September was when our team was made aware. Currently, there is not a process to retrofit this feature. If a process does become available, I will be sure to update the appropriate threads. I apologize for all of the confusion.
Alex
Jeep Cares

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Not a deal killer, but I'm really disappointed that this isn't available on my vehicle for which it is listed as a "standard feature".

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I have it on mine (Granite Crystal Metallic LE built 1st week of Sept).
4DEC44CF-AE97-4888-ACBA-697AF687B60A.jpeg

Last edited:

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to checking out this feature on my LE today. Only I like many of us don’t have it. Jeep touted this feature for months and its not on a $62k top of the line model?

I get late release of some features, but they need to make good on their promise and retrofit this feature, not cool.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Anyone know a good lawyer?
Not as good as FCA's...

They have released the feature on the newer ones so chill and wait for the flash to come and fix all of the "broken" ones..

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
This thread has me thinking about a couple things I don't know the answer to:
  1. As I look to get aftermarket wheels, it sounds like I have to swap the sensors into the new wheels as no company has the necessary sensors that support this feature. So the take-offs will have no sensors in them. Will that be an issue when I go to sell the take-offs (more of a rhetorical question)?
  2. If I'm parked next to another Jeep that has this feature and I turn it on while the other Jeep is inflating/deflating, will that Jeep set off my horn when their tire hits the desired PSI? Their has to be a wireless component to the communication, I'm wondering if it's just wide open broadcasting it's PSI or if it's paired to a head unit through Bluetooth or similar technology.

Sponsored

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
  1. As I look to get aftermarket wheels, it sounds like I have to swap the sensors into the new wheels as no company has the necessary sensors that support this feature. So the take-offs will have no sensors in them. Will that be an issue when I go to sell the take-offs (more of a rhetorical question)?
  2. If I'm parked next to another Jeep that has this feature and I turn it on while the other Jeep is inflating/deflating, will that Jeep set off my horn when their tire hits the desired PSI? Their has to be a wireless component to the communication, I'm wondering if it's just wide open broadcasting it's PSI or if it's paired to a head unit through Bluetooth or similar technology.
The range on the sensors is Very small as if it was further all four wheels would interfere with each other.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Interesting that it was a feature touted for the Gladiator Rubicons when announced but "no way" to retrofit??? There is most likely a way but not a cost-effective way for FCA. It isn't that big of a deal to air down and up the way I've been doing it, just a feature that was implied but not delivered to some that ordered April 4th but was delivered to others who ordered the same day..... That is wrong in my opinion. FCA should work with the early Rubicon owners to get them the correct sensors and software upgrade needed to make this right!
Agreed. This reeks of the same "implied but not delivered" approach we bought into with the LE debacle. Not a deal-breaker feature in my mind, but still not right that it was promoted then not delivered. Hell, I'd even be willing to pay for new TPMS sensors if needed. Just roll out a free software update for your loyal early adopters.

OP
OP
fixbroke

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that the TPMS sensor part number hasn't changed, so you may not have to swap over your sensors from your old wheels.

2. They get paired like Bluetooth. Once it's learned, it's only looking at that sensor specifically. However, I have a story that contradicts another message in this thread about the short range of these sensors. I had a set of spare wheels for my CTS-V (with sensors) stored in the shed behind my house (~50ft from where I park) and my car would still pick up on those sensor readings since I hadn't paired it to any new sensors. The range is more than you might think.

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee

Archie Bunker

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It doesn't look like this is the case and that there are indeed different sensors. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/attention-selectable-tire-fill-alert.23374/
for what it is worth,, I have two sets of wheel for Archie. The stock ones that I just switched back to for winter, and a set of Dirty Life bead locks on 35's that I run for everything else I do.. point being though,, My beadlocks and sensors were a direct transfer from my JK. no changes except for having two sets of lugs also. And yes,, both sets of sensors work just fine.
Sponsored