First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport Max Tow Pkg Gobi
Occupation
Retired Fed X truck driver
I ordered Rock Hard sliders November 23 from my local dealer and they called today and said RockHard wants to add $300 to ship them.
Retail is $900 so that ups my cost 33% to $1,200 WOW I no longer think that I need them at that price!

Check shipping cost before purchasing!!!!

Anybody else run into this?
I’ve got Tyger on mine and I believe shipping was around $85. Yes, the box was long and heavy so you probably get an oversize charge to boot.
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I mean no offense here, but this doesn't really make sense. Most of the sites who boast free shipping typically just include the cost of shipping into the price. So sure... that sounds free. But you're still paying for shipping.

It really isn't surprising to see rising costs for shipping, especially right now with higher fuel costs, too. So... to me, this is pretty on par and expected.

OP
OP

Cooper_D

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2020 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I mean no offense here, but this doesn't really make sense. Most of the sites who boast free shipping typically just include the cost of shipping into the price. So sure... that sounds free. But you're still paying for shipping.

It really isn't surprising to see rising costs for shipping, especially right now with higher fuel costs, too. So... to me, this is pretty on par and expected.
That is why I stated in my original post “Check shipping cost before purchasing!!!!”
I had been looking at all the dealers for price and found it to be the same everywhere, it wasn’t until I ordered and the dealer called back to say “Hey they want $300 shipping do you still want to order?”

In the past the dealer would absorb the shipping cost, but could not do $300.

So it depends on the dealer some still have free shipping due to volume purchasing, but it’s the little guys who don’t stock it that are being slapped with high shipping.

Years ago I had my own small business so I prefer to seek out the local “little guy“ if possible, but $300 on sliders $425 for front & rear bumpers… it adds up so if I continue down this road I be broke on shipping fees.

Oh wait it’s a Jeep I’m supposed to broke 🤣… just not on shipping charges 😱😉

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Am I missing something or is it not just a draft in their legislation right now? Could be interesting if it becomes law there.
It seems to depend on the source. Some say it's been put in place (the more recent) while some say "it's a draft" - although very likely to pass.
In the end it's still pretty "loose" as far as the definitions of use. So unless you are going out for a Sunday drive in the woods just to look at the birds - it likely wouldn't be a problem.
However, it's serious enough that the lobbies have taken note and are "up in arms".
Yahoo, Fox, Reuters and several other sources show "headlines" like I posted. Some say "done deal" - some say draft. It appears to be a draft that is going to be rule.
They are in a sticky situation -the Swiss have been all-in, early adopters, make it happen and do it yesterday or faster. Even the head of Toyota says "whoa, get your ducks in a row, we aren't ready" infrastructure-wise.
No one, at least not me, nor Toyoda (the head of Toyota) are saying don't do it - we're saying - uh, don't you want the structure in place to support all of this first?
You want free eggs so go buy 40 laying hens and have no nests, no feed, no place to keep 'em? That's what is going on here.
My posts aren't commentary on the merits of EV - it's that there has to be some LOGIC, some order. They've bought the roofing materials and stacked them exactly where they need to dig for a basement but have no concrete ordered, nor a back hoe to do the digging.
They have a great cart, but no horse! (and no barn for the horse when not in use)

Anyway - it must be serious to make it to the MAINSTREAM news.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
It seems to depend on the source. Some say it's been put in place (the more recent) while some say "it's a draft" - although very likely to pass.
In the end it's still pretty "loose" as far as the definitions of use. So unless you are going out for a Sunday drive in the woods just to look at the birds - it likely wouldn't be a problem.
However, it's serious enough that the lobbies have taken note and are "up in arms".
Yahoo, Fox, Reuters and several other sources show "headlines" like I posted. Some say "done deal" - some say draft. It appears to be a draft that is going to be rule.
They are in a sticky situation -the Swiss have been all-in, early adopters, make it happen and do it yesterday or faster. Even the head of Toyota says "whoa, get your ducks in a row, we aren't ready" infrastructure-wise.
No one, at least not me, nor Toyoda (the head of Toyota) are saying don't do it - we're saying - uh, don't you want the structure in place to support all of this first?
You want free eggs so go buy 40 laying hens and have no nests, no feed, no place to keep 'em? That's what is going on here.
My posts aren't commentary on the merits of EV - it's that there has to be some LOGIC, some order. They've bought the roofing materials and stacked them exactly where they need to dig for a basement but have no concrete ordered, nor a back hoe to do the digging.
They have a great cart, but no horse! (and no barn for the horse when not in use)

Anyway - it must be serious to make it to the MAINSTREAM news.
Agreed. The world is moving that way, it’ll be interesting how all the folks smarter than me make it happen.

Sponsored

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Nope, it was a true story and not on fakebook. They are concerned of the ability to support charging all of those EVs in the middle of winter.
You'd better do some reading...........
The news services are making headlines with "worst case" bits, but they are looking at curbing electric use in phases and it could impact EV charging.
It's possible there would be zero restrictions - but because the Swiss don't generate ALL of their own electricity, and with the world being as it is over there, they are prepared just in case and that just in case includes curtailing unnecessary use of EVs in event of winter emergency. Russia's war, winter coming, the huge increase of EVs in the area, who knows about the power generating capability coming out of the Alps and so on.

So, tell me - Reuters and Yahoo are lying?

1670909221006.png

This is from another major news source -

1670909292779.png

Makes it sound less certain - but it's very possible it could be reality in the event of a harsh winter there.

So where is YOUR source saying I'm reading fakebook bullcrap?

I tend to research such things before posting it because I know how things go on the web. But my comments were based on true mainstream media, real news and reading of the proposed rules.
Apparently, even Reuters and the auto lobby saw the same things I did.

I'm the one here who usually fights bad information, misinformation. Apparently you don't know me very well.
I mean you said "They are telling their people "park your EVs unless absolutely necessary to drive them" because of the lack of electricity and fear of blackouts this winter".

Literally zero people have been told this.

Now you say "they are looking at". And what you posted literally says it's a draft.

There's my source.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I mean you said "They are telling their people "park your EVs unless absolutely necessary to drive them" because of the lack of electricity and fear of blackouts this winter".

Literally zero people have been told this.

Now you say "they are looking at". And what you posted literally says it's a draft.

There's my source.
I knew you were still alive.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military

No offense taken... but your statement is not entirely true for everyone.
In my case...... I received FREE SHIPPING (worth approx $300.00) and I also got a much better price..... I payed around $760 + Free shipping..... my savings was considerabe and had NO HIDDEN FEES.
Sponsored