Should I wait for the 2022 gladiator?

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD, 1995 Ram 2500 diesel
I’m pretty much ready to order my JTRD in snazzberry red. Would it be better to wait 3 months to order the 2022 model or just go with the 2021?
Sponsored

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
That is the same debate I am having with myself. I would like to see what the new colors are. I would also like to know if there are gonna be any changes. But I have heard or seen zilch thus far.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I would say if the color you like exists now, pull the trigger. If the color I wanted was out right now then I would have already ordered just to make sure I lock it in. MSRP is likely to rise, and colors may change without warning.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
It's a jeep, so other than maybe some new colors, I'm certain it'll look pretty much the same. But maybe the 4xe will come out if you are interested in that setup (or v8, anyone?). Edit, I see you want a diesel. I'd go for it now. jeeps don't really change much. The interior is already pretty nice in the Rubicons as well

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Those 2022 prices might have some mark-ups. Interested to see when they release pricing, hopefully it's not too significant

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m selling my F150 this week since used car prices are through the roof right now, so I have a bigger down payment for my Gladiator. I’m waiting for the 2022’s, really hoping the new version of unconnect will be in the 22’s with the wireless car play and android auto. Also to see what color options will be offered.

OP
OP
Pattar

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say if the color you like exists now, pull the trigger. If the color I wanted was out right now then I would have already ordered just to make sure I lock it in. MSRP is likely to rise, and colors may change without warning.
Yeah that’s a good point I don’t want to miss out on the snazzle dazzle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pattar

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m selling my F150 this week since used car prices are through the roof right now, so I have a bigger down payment for my Gladiator. I’m waiting for the 2022’s, really hoping the new version of unconnect will be in the 22’s with the wireless car play and android auto. Also to see what color options will be offered.
They do sell and aftermarket plug in for your usb in the center console that will make it wireless CarPlay. I’m sure there’s a couple videos on it too and the good ones run for $100 or so I think

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’d wait. That said, I still love my 2020 Overland and have no intention to sell or trade up.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Yeah that’s a good point I don’t want to miss out on the snazzle dazzle.
I would grab the one you want now because of your color choice. I’m a first time Jeep owner and was watching and waiting and emailing dealers and never quite found the right deal and then I found out Gobi was cancelled and it forced my hand to make a move. I’d say I lost a bit of leverage but I got what I wanted with no regrets. Supply was really low at the end of the month last August too so I was lucky to get the truck I wanted with the options I wanted. Conditions might be different in the market now then when I bought but there are definitely still supply chain issues going on and used car values are through the roof. If you want snazzle dazzle I’d jump on it.
good luck and keep us posted
Sponsored