First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Those 2022 prices might have some mark-ups. Interested to see when they release pricing, hopefully it's not too significant
hope that would raise our trade in values as well
Sponsored

Mastermind

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Property Manager
Any word if the 3.0L EcoDiesel will be available in 2022?

I know the Diesel sales have been anemic, heard from more than one source that engine may be a one year wonder.
This was one of the factors that made me pull the trigger on the 2021. (Iā€™m confident they will have my color in ā€˜22 - white)

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Any word if the 3.0L EcoDiesel will be available in 2022?

I know the Diesel sales have been anemic, heard from more than one source that engine may be a one year wonder.
This was one of the factors that made me pull the trigger on the 2021. (Iā€™m confident they will have my color in ā€˜22 - white)
It's an interesting thought; I don't think it will be dropped, but I have thought about how I would feel about this too.

I think the difference is if they drop the 3.0 now, it would be because they recognize some fundamental problems with the powertrain. So having one would be more of a headache than having, say, a one-off year where they offered a 392. Like I just don't see the 3.0 retaining much value at all if it gets canned after one year.

So for me, I want the diesel - but if Jeep decides to drop it after its first model year, I will too. Too much risk for me,.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I have not seen that many engine-related problems with the 3.0L, most issues are with electronics & of course the DEF system šŸ™„ SO FAR the Gen3 Ecodiesel has been pretty solid. I think the diesel will be with us for a couple more years at least as it still offers the best EPA mileage of all the Jeep options & they need every credit they can muster.
I still wonder if Jeep has completely abandoned the I-6 turbo project, they put a lot of $$$ into that program & desperately need a better performing gas option w/ the Bronco on the, um, horizon. Can you just assign a bunch of ICE Engineers to go work on electronics-based EV platform?
I am impatiently waiting to see the 2022 color options to order a JT 3.0L if they drop the diesel option I would hope it would be for an even better option. I thoroughly enjoy the Ecodiesel, but a 400HP/450LB.FT twin turbo straight six would be an acceptable substitute for me šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
Pattar

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD, 1995 Ram 2500 diesel
I would grab the one you want now because of your color choice. Iā€™m a first time Jeep owner and was watching and waiting and emailing dealers and never quite found the right deal and then I found out Gobi was cancelled and it forced my hand to make a move. Iā€™d say I lost a bit of leverage but I got what I wanted with no regrets. Supply was really low at the end of the month last August too so I was lucky to get the truck I wanted with the options I wanted. Conditions might be different in the market now then when I bought but there are definitely still supply chain issues going on and used car values are through the roof. If you want snazzle dazzle Iā€™d jump on it.
good luck and keep us posted
I just wanted to make an update. I just ordered my snazzle dazzle jtrd and I canā€™t wait until it comes in!

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Dont wait if the color you like is available right now. Iā€™m kicking myself because they discontinued the Gobi and the gator. If they bring Gobi back in 22 Iā€™m jumping on one. Iā€™d really like a Rubi but none of the present colors interest me reallyā€¦

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Dont wait if the color you like is available right now. Iā€™m kicking myself because they discontinued the Gobi and the gator. If they bring Gobi back in 22 Iā€™m jumping on one. Iā€™d really like a Rubi but none of the present colors interest me reallyā€¦
I want Gobi In diesel. Fingers crossed