First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave; 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Occupation
Pusher of Words
That JT you owned was so sweet that if it were me, I would have to replace it with a duplicate. I'm 6'6 and have two kids, and my Mojave works perfectly for our family needs. This includes me driving 140 miles round trip to work four times a week. The Gladiator seems to have more leg room than my 2007 JK did. Maybe that's just my imagination, but I ride comfortably. Having a third kid may push me toward a full-size truck, though, given the limited leg space in the back of a Gladiator. An additional body makes a difference.
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
How old are your kids?

That's what would affect my decision

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I’m looking for a new vehicle I was going for the rubicon gladiator again, but started considering the tundra. Now I know this is a biased place to ask but I know members have considered the same.

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Buy the Tundra they get terrible gas mileage just like a jeep or you could buy a real truck like a Ram with a e-torque hemi and get better fuel mileage and sit in the best by far interior in the class

endurojeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Lol or not, don't really care you are on a Gladiator forum

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
That JT you owned was so sweet that if it were me, I would have to replace it with a duplicate. I'm 6'6 and have two kids, and my Mojave works perfectly for our family needs. This includes me driving 140 miles round trip to work four times a week. The Gladiator seems to have more leg room than my 2007 JK did. Maybe that's just my imagination, but I ride comfortably. Having a third kid may push me toward a full-size truck, though, given the limited leg space in the back of a Gladiator. An additional body makes a difference.
Got 3 kids in the back of my Mojave..8 / 11 / 13 they've not complained yet. I'm 6'2". Wife in passenger seat 5'2".

I did jump in the rear driver side seat with driver adjusted for me...plenty of leg room. You're just tall haha.

Diarmuid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave; 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Occupation
Pusher of Words
Got 3 kids in the back of my Mojave..8 / 11 / 13 they've not complained yet. I'm 6'2". Wife in passenger seat 5'2".

I did jump in the rear driver side seat with driver adjusted for me...plenty of leg room. You're just tall haha.
Yeah, I'm definitely an exception to the leg-room rule. It doesn't help that I owned a 1500 Ram for six years prior to this Gladiator and got a little spoiled by the extra space in the back seat. I could pile people AND stuff in the back of it. But there was no taking that beast on a narrow trail, or popping the roof off on a sunny day, and the Hemi drank more gas, making it improbable as a daily driver. The trade off is definitely worth it for me. The diverse nature of the Gladiator blows my mind, like men having walked on the moon!

mark walk

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mojave
Occupation
retired
Ok guys I bought a gladiator a few months ago lifted it added 37’s and 2 day after getting it I was broadsided and jeep was totaled. While I loved it for those 2 days I did not get to get out of the honeymoon phase. I’m looking for a new vehicle I was going for the rubicon gladiator again, but started considering the tundra. Now I know this is a biased place to ask but I know members have considered the same. My off-roading consists of logging roads around my camp and the yearly trip to Arkansas. Another factor is I have 3 children and I am 6,4”. Thanks for any helpful info you can give to lean me either way.

25D82D66-D54F-413D-8442-CA608F91E4C4.jpeg
had a 22 mojave 2 months in shop getting repaired 4 times rear diff repairs water leak rocker arms replaced rear windows did not work traded on a new tundra and love it

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Get a Power Wagon. You all can still grow into that :) I wish it was practical in Europe and they had not limited our license to EU standard:angry:. If my wife, me and our dog is in it plus a bag I am not allowed to drive it.

@Geekjeep was faster
Sponsored