First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I don't off road, I don't camp, I don't tow I just think it looks cool but am getting tired of its ride for daily type stuff...
Sounds like a Jeep really isn't for you, time to move on, unless you can negotiate a much lower buyout.

When I was shopping last month, the dealers were offering used Sports with some options and 4-20K miles in the low $40s... it made more sense to me to buy new.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks nice but I would walk away from it. There is a lot of stuff there if you found the right person, could swap some of the mods plus cash and put things more back to stock as they are not going to give you a lick extra for the mods.

Like others mentions, trade in values are sinking like a rock and private party values pretty much mirroring that.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
There is no negotiation on the buyout price. It is all underlined in the lease contract. The dealer has no say as your JT technically belongs to Jeep.

Turn in the keys and go with another vehicle that will be more friendly for your lifestyle and your needs.

As someone else stated, life is short.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Also, I hope that you held onto the stock parts so you can return it to as-delivered condition. Lease ends can be sticky when it comes to aftermarket mods.

It is not worth it to buy it out, pay the sales tax and turn around to recoup some of your dollars. Not in today's market.

OP
OP
Nick83

Nick83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Art Director
Also, I hope that you held onto the stock parts so you can return it to as-delivered condition. Lease ends can be sticky when it comes to aftermarket mods.

It is not worth it to buy it out, pay the sales tax and turn around to recoup some of your dollars. Not in today's market.
I do have all the original parts but everything ive put on my Jeep are the Jeep factory options. I.E. changed my incandescent lights to Jeeps LED package and had the dealer flash the factory computer to receive them. The lift kit was done by Jeep and its their lift kit. My wheels are Jeeps performance wheel. All im doing is giving them free money. I should probably go talk to them

Sponsored

Mays9185

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Buy a new one for warranty

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
With all due respect, you’re either deluding yourself or have not looked at current gladiator pricing. They would not be able to sell his truck new for 40k. You can buy new Sports with a msrp of 50k for around 40k.

At least near me in Tampa, the bottom has fallen out on Gladiator pricing.
Wow really? They should bring them to the Southwest ,Co,Mt,Wy we just retailed a 21 sport s with 81k miles mopar lift 35's but nice Jeep all stock other then that for $44,500 in 3 days we we're asking $45,500

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Car dealer
I've leased a lot of vehicles including my 2020 Overland which I just bought out. I will say that there is absolutely no negotiating the buyout price of a vehicle.
Theres no negotiation you sign the lease agreement knowning what the buyout will be at the end. This sounds like someone made good money on selling you this lease my daughter leased her 21 Jlru and her buyout was 21k we bought it out and I retailed it at my dealership for $32,800 Leases can be good but the dealer has the option to adjust that buyout number to nake more money

ALT2870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Freedom
Wow really? They should bring them to the Southwest ,Co,Mt,Wy we just retailed a 21 sport s with 81k miles mopar lift 35's but nice Jeep all stock other then that for $44,500 in 3 days we we're asking $45,500
Not sure where you live exactly in Colorado but back in June in Denver I saw no Sport that was that expensive used with that high mileage. I bought my higher trim Freedom for 42.5k with 25k miles. Heck, I live in the mountains near a dealer and even they weren't that insane.

Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Car dealer
Not sure where you live exactly in Colorado but back in June in Denver I saw no Sport that was that expensive used with that high mileage. I bought my higher trim Freedom for 42.5k with 25k miles. Heck, I live in the mountains near a dealer and even they weren't that insane.
That was at my lot in Cheyenne, Wy we sell nice ones for what there worth when we can get one sold a 21 JTRD with 61k Monday for $55,500. The Jeep dealers up Northern Co and Southern Wy don't do much modification on new Jeeps so sometimes even with lift and tires and wheels we can get a premium. You buy your Jeep stock? The market is still good in my area these new Jeep dealers are just getting scared they still bring a premium in Denver at the dealers only auctions if there nice

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I do have all the original parts but everything ive put on my Jeep are the Jeep factory options. I.E. changed my incandescent lights to Jeeps LED package and had the dealer flash the factory computer to receive them. The lift kit was done by Jeep and its their lift kit. My wheels are Jeeps performance wheel. All im doing is giving them free money. I should probably go talk to them
Yes, it looks like genuine Jeep parts (and look great by the way). If you have the stock stuff, it would be a no brainer to switch it back out rather than give it away.

Those wheels/tires and the factory LED's are quite expensive. There is demand for that stuff and you'll have no trouble selling them once your JT is gone.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I think its a beautiful truck and had some great times with it just think I need to learn my lesson and maybe move on, I will say this. I really appreciate all you guys taking the time writing back. I posted this on the Gladiator reddit page and good lord were people sensitive there. Very tribal and loyal to the Jeep brand. Its as if they were taking this as a personal attack. I appreciate everyone being level headed here and can just have a conversation about it.
This is (by and large) a good group of forum folks willing to offer realistic advice. Reddit is not the place to post it as the majority just won't understand.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Wouldn't hurt to get a trade in quote, especially if you're thinking of changing brand. Jeep dealer will know they can just let you turn it in and then they can buy it wholesale from the lease company. But go to a different brand and get a payoff quote. Then you'll know for sure what it's worth.

And if you want to stay with jeep just a different model, you can take that quote and use it against the jeep dealer, say if you want to do a deal, you need to match this trade in offer. Worst they can say is no, but you'll know what a non jeep dealer will give you for it if you want to go a different route.

Even if it's only 1000 over your buyout...it's 1000 more then you had by just walking a way.

Gladiator Brad 704

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It also looks like it is the GATOR paint. That was a color only offered in 2020. I also got mine in 2020 a pre pandemic build. I have had only a few problems but hope I never have to get rid of it. I also have the extended warranty, something you should look into.
Sponsored