Sponsored

Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Standard or optional skid plate. Doesn't need to be included with the bumper just be available and work.

I was all set on the Rival aluminum one and then got a little skeeved out by them being Russian. Not sure if it matters or not but it was exactly what I wanted. Back to the drawing board. The DV8 ones are ok, probably next option. RSE look great too but the bull bumper is a little larger than I am looking for.

TIA
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try to mod my factory Rubicon skid plate to work with my Fab Fours Stubby. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, and see if I can get it working. Shouldn't require much modifications, as it fit pretty close before.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 0A7C4728-4F05-439A-88BC-B910F1461CA0

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 6511B97D-BD09-438E-B867-1A10BFFA87DB

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 470F1C85-D8E4-4782-B4FB-AB0E327E4420

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 41F4E6EB-102C-441E-90A5-9016A7D1B7E5

fab four stubby. i had to trim my stock rubicon skid plate to make it work with the stubby

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to try to mod my factory Rubicon skid plate to work with my Fab Fours Stubby. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow, and see if I can get it working. Shouldn't require much modifications, as it fit pretty close before.
i did the same thing. made use of my dremel. see my post. it works great

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
i did the same thing. see my post. it works great
I noticed when I put on the FF Stubby that it was a VERY close fit. I was disappointed that it didn't fit, but at the time I was running out of daylight and was borrowing a friend's concrete carport to do the install, so I didn't have time to mess with modding it. Fast-forward 5 months, and I honestly just forgot about it. But I was thinking about it the other week, and I remember how close it fit, and got to thinking about modding mine. Looks like you didn't have to remove much, maybe 3/4"...

Sponsored

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I noticed when I put on the FF Stubby that it was a VERY close fit. I was disappointed that it didn't fit, but at the time I was running out of daylight and was borrowing a friend's concrete carport to do the install, so I didn't have time to mess with modding it. Fast-forward 5 months, and I honestly just forgot about it. But I was thinking about it the other week, and I remember how close it fit, and got to thinking about modding mine. Looks like you didn't have to remove much, maybe 3/4"...
yeah, it’s really close. i basically eyeballed it and got lucky. 3/4 to 1 inch is about right

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Rugged ridge hd stubby, bull bar, and skid plate. The well for the winch was pretty tight.
Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 20200809_161256

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 20200809_161256
So far the winner imo.

How limiting was the winch? Did you only find a few options? That's a consideration too. If there winch will be a fortune then I may as well go aluminum fancy bumper and normal winch

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So far the winner imo.

How limiting was the winch? Did you only find a few options? That's a consideration too. If there winch will be a fortune then I may as well go aluminum fancy bumper and normal winch
It’s the same bumper and skid as my pic above.

The winch is damn tight. I have a warn evo 10s in mine. It’s tight enough that it looks bad if you look at the back close. It looks like the wires are being pinched with the control box top center. They aren’t but they are flexed back on and then back out under the grill. I doubt I could get the grill off with the winch installed. Whenever I do have to remove it I will actually notch the grill itself behind the winch since any winch bumper combo out there will cover that area just to make things easier in the future.

Sponsored

Isle_of_Man

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
So far the winner imo.

I got a good deal on a RR trekker 12500 winch from Morris4x4. As far as I know the winch plate that comes with the bumper has standard mounts, and is rated for 12k. I think the nicer winches are a little more compact based on the fact that I had a heck of a time finding a winch cover online that will fit the trekker.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It’s the same bumper and skid as my pic above.

The winch is damn tight. I have a warn evo 10s in mine. It’s tight enough that it looks bad if you look at the back close. It looks like the wires are being pinched with the control box top center. They aren’t but they are flexed back on and then back out under the grill. I doubt I could get the grill off with the winch installed. Whenever I do have to remove it I will actually notch the grill itself behind the winch since any winch bumper combo out there will cover that area just to make things easier in the future.
Am I right to assume the right fit is due to the compact size of the bumper... And the compact size will help with approach

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Am I right to assume the right fit is due to the compact size of the bumper... And the compact size will help with approach
It’s not really compact depth (frontTo back) wise and that’s where it’s really tight at.

For the cost I feel like this is a very very good bumper. Paid less then 400 shipped amazon prime and it looks very good. I’ve also taken it off-roading and the bumper so far is compact enough it’s not made contact with anything so I can’t really speak to durability..

To do over again wild I of bought the same bumper, no probably not. But my use has changed a bunch as has my truck since I bought it. But I can also say I don’t regret buying it at all either.
Sponsored