OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I've started to embrace the suck that became my exterior paint job...nobody knows if it's from wheeling repairs or suckage paint. I'll get the exterior ground down and redone by a pro eventually.

I did have to drill holes. It wasn't fitting with a few holes drilled to 5/8 so I just drilled them all. When I did that it slid right on.

Can confirm Badlands winch is too large. Will return. Warn it is.

These shackles are close in color but not quite. Will paint up some bare ARB ones.

The bumper itself is perfect.

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201027_000410263
Sponsored

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
I've started to embrace the suck that became my exterior paint job...nobody knows if it's from wheeling repairs or suckage paint. I'll get the exterior ground down and redone by a pro eventually.

I did have to drill holes. It wasn't fitting with a few holes drilled to 5/8 so I just drilled them all. When I did that it slid right on.

These shackles are close in color but not quite. Will paint up some bare ARB ones.

Looks great JoyRide! I have the same bumper on the way and I had already purchased the Badland winch, can you explain in what way is it too large? Any room for modifications to make it fit you think?

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Looks great JoyRide! I have the same bumper on the way and I had already purchased the Badland winch, can you explain in what way is it too large? Any room for modifications to make it fit you think?
I don't even notice the suck anymore, so I am gonna keep it.

There was NO way the bumper was gonna fit with the winch. The winch was as far back on the mounting plate as possible, and it barely snuck into the leading edge of the mounts. When I put the bumper on I got like 1/4" of the each of the 8 mount bolts through the hole at best before the bumper hit the winch itself.

It's too deep of a winch front to back. It's the housing around the ends is too big. You could cut a notch off the bumper and it should work but I can't guarantee it'd be enough. and then it's just smashed into the bumper and grille.

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
I don't even notice the suck anymore, so I am gonna keep it.

There was NO way the bumper was gonna fit with the winch. The winch was as far back on the mounting plate as possible, and it barely snuck into the leading edge of the mounts. When I put the bumper on I got like 1/4" of the each of the 8 mount bolts through the hole at best before the bumper hit the winch itself.

It's too deep of a winch front to back. It's the housing around the ends is too big. You could cut a notch off the bumper and it should work but I can't guarantee it'd be enough. and then it's just smashed into the bumper and grille.
Dang, guess I am going to have to make a return to Harbor Freight then. Thanks for the info JoyRide.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Ace Engineering Expedition Stubby w/ OEM skid trimmed to fit. Ace should have their own skid out soon though.

Included a "with" and "without" skid photo comparison too. I like it without but I do appreciate the protection of the skid

PXL_20201029_222853398.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20201021_232738809.jpg

PXL_20201029_222939200.jpg

Sponsored

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
Rampage Bumper off Quadratec ($280 on sale!). No skid BUT I could have trimmed and replaced stock one, just liked the look better without...
20201011_181251.jpg
20201011_181649~2.jpg

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Dang, guess I am going to have to make a return to Harbor Freight then. Thanks for the info JoyRide.
The corner of the bumper sits at 5.5"

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_154245032

At that point you have 5.75". It measures 6 but it's rounded. Going from the center point it's actually 1/4" closer than the pic.

You can see the gap on the level in the second picture. Have to measure from the shortest edge that the winch could mount to.

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_154254829

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_155035890

This is a measure giving yourself some clearance for the cables. Blue tape is the front. 6.25 or so.

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_154705544

You could grind off the point on the bumper if you wanted. If you take away this chunk it will fit.

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_155414257

This all lines up with what I saw. That I could get like 1/4".. maybe 1/2" of the bolts through. The bolts are like 1-1.25" in the photo below. That missing length is because the bumper is hitting the housing, and the cable is like crushed on the grille. Need to have that little corner taken off, but it depends how much needs to go, that's where the shackles mount and I'm not sure if it would impact the strength if you cut it back. It's certainly not providing any foundation to the shackles, so should be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I am going to see what prices I can swing on the lower end Warn. If it's way more than I paid for this Badlands I will have a body shop just chop that little flag back.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I want to cut a small portion of the bumper to fit the winch, I decided.

Do I need any sort of special angle grinder wheel to cut this metal?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate PXL_20201030_155414257
This is honestly why I'm not a fan of the "hammered" type spray paint. They have a certain look that it seems everyone likes but I've found that when helping people paint everything from sliders to bumpers to skids, it's a really hard paint to get to look... professional. The nature of the paint makes it either look great or look like you're covering something up and my OCD just doesn't let me like it haha.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
This is honestly why I'm not a fan of the "hammered" type spray paint. They have a certain look that it seems everyone likes but I've found that when helping people paint everything from sliders to bumpers to skids, it's a really hard paint to get to look... professional. The nature of the paint makes it either look great or look like you're covering something up and my OCD just doesn't let me like it haha.
It has come to grow on me. I wouldn't do it again, and I my yet sand all the outward facing stuff off (it's all flat surfaces should be easy), but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would

Bulldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 2018 JLU Rubicon wife’s ride
Occupation
Smitty/land lord
Artec nighthawk

8368AB24-F874-4751-B4A7-CF4C2153FCDD.jpeg

BD345F54-73DD-4D25-BAB1-F5D8EEECC111.jpeg

5E8335B8-B657-4B69-83F5-1D535D7F370D.jpeg
Sponsored