Sponsored

Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
week or two for delivery back in December. Faster than I expected. No drilling or cutting. Installation only took about an hour with helper.
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Arcus front bumper w/ stock Mojave skid plate.
Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate TAT10

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Spoke with my mechanic. He made some good points. Yes the aluminum ones are strong and lighter but man they're $$ and the weight they save is +/- a winch. He also pointed out that paint is a lot easier to touch up than powder coat, especially if you have your own paint. Soo... went with the Motobilt Crusher, which also has Crusher rock rail steps that would work for me and the rear bumper.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke with my mechanic. He made some good points. Yes the aluminum ones are strong and lighter but man they're $$ and the weight they save is +/- a winch. He also pointed out that paint is a lot easier to touch up than powder coat, especially if you have your own paint. Soo... went with the Motobilt Crusher, which also has Crusher rock rail steps that would work for me and the rear bumper.
Are the steps available. I have been waiting for them & dont see them listed. Plan on doing the steps, rockers & tail lights as soon as all 3 are available.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Are the steps available. I have been waiting for them & dont see them listed. Plan on doing the steps, rockers & tail lights as soon as all 3 are available.
I think you're right, I may have been on the JL

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're right, I may have been on the JL
They have them on the Shop JT so they are working on it.. It may even be one of those things were its just a phone call away.

I dont like either of the rear bumpers. But then again I dont really like anyone else's either. If they had the hammer styling with the crusher coverage I would probably be able to live with the rest of its shortcomings.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
They have them on the Shop JT so they are working on it.. It may even be one of those things were its just a phone call away.

I dont like either of the rear bumpers. But then again I dont really like anyone else's either. If they had the hammer styling with the crusher coverage I would probably be able to live with the rest of its shortcomings.
I like the hammer styling, but wanted the low winch more. Believe the hammer is also stronger steel but not sure I'd be getting into situations it would matter.

Which bumper is on yours?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the hammer styling, but wanted the low winch more. Believe the hammer is also stronger steel but not sure I'd be getting into situations it would matter.

Which bumper is on yours?
I just have a Rubicon take off rear right now. There isnt anything aftermarket as of yet that has side protection, improves the departure angle & still allows for a 37" spare underneath. Lots that hit 2 of the 3, but none that do all 3. I am going to have to make something I think.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I just have a Rubicon take off rear right now. There isnt anything aftermarket as of yet that has side protection, improves the departure angle & still allows for a 37" spare underneath. Lots that hit 2 of the 3, but none that do all 3. I am going to have to make something I think.
Sorry I meant front bumper

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I meant front bumper
Oh I have the Rugged Ridge HD stubby. Honestly though I am on the fence about ordering the crusher with bull bar whenever I order the other stuff. This one is ok, but the winch is tighter to the grill then I would like & since the front fog lights are worthless the crusher would look better & be more solid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Yeah I would rather a low mounted winch with after market fogs than built in fogs and high mounted winch

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I would rather a low mounted winch with after market fogs than built in fogs and high mounted winch
Well the stock non LED fogs are complete trash.. Literally cannot tell when they are on or not. I have some cube flood lights I won & am debating on putting those on my bumper as it is. But really I have only driven in the dark once in the last 6 months. I seriously just figured out there were lights in my cup holders last week so I am not sure how much I need to worry about it.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator

I have the expedition one rear bumper. And I have both the bumper mount spare tire and the 37" spare underneath. With the expedition one bumper, the oem hitch is not changed. However, with the 37" tire mounted underneath, the limit on the departure angle is mostly due to the tire and not the hitch.

I contemplated removing the oem hitch and fabbing a new receiver mount welded to the bumper but that only makes a difference with the underbed spare removed. I might still do it but the benefits are small with the underbed spare mounted.

The JCR bumper moves the hitch location but the change eliminates the possibility of putting a spare in the underbed location. And I think their location of the hitch behind the license plate is less than ideal.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the expedition one rear bumper. And I have both the bumper mount spare tire and the 37" spare underneath. With the expedition one bumper, the oem hitch is not changed. However, with the 37" tire mounted underneath, the limit on the departure angle is mostly due to the tire and not the hitch.

I contemplated removing the oem hitch and fabbing a new receiver mount welded to the bumper but that only makes a difference with the underbed spare removed. I might still do it but the benefits are small with the underbed spare mounted.

The JCR bumper moves the hitch location but the change eliminates the possibility of putting a spare in the underbed location. And I think their location of the hitch behind the license plate is less than ideal.
The departure angle is 100% the hitch.. I haven't drug the tire, but I drag the hitch every single time I go offroad.

I will end up fabbing something eventually & when I do I will just keep it slim all the way across with the license plate on the tailgate but will have some extra supports & predrilled holes for a bolt on hitch. That way its not impeding the spare tire area at all. Will actually improve it (at which point it would be the spare screwing up the departure angle). The hitch would sit in the same tote my drop hitch does unless I was towing so its only adding the extra when its needed. Will make sure to use 7/8" bolts when I do it so the factory tire iron could even be used to put the hitch on & off.
Sponsored