Sponsored

Signs the JT Market is Softening?

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I think at first glance someone might say it's ugly but once they see one actually driving down the road top down I think they change their mind. It's just such a good platform to build on. I figure the aftermarket will really go nuts in time.
Yeah. I have to admit when I first saw pictures I thought it was weird/ugly looking, but that weirdness grew on me quickly and I loved that it wasnā€™t the run of the mill looking midsize truck. So much that I paid a good amount over what I had in mind to spend on a truck so I could get a gladiator. I think most Jeep and truck people like it. Iā€™m still not used to people stopping me in parking lots to tell me how much they love my truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Some donā€™t want to admit that it is softening,
So true, and I was surprised by this. Can't figure the defensiveness on the subject.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So true, and I was surprised by this. Can't figure the defensiveness on the subject.
I don't know if we all have the same definition for softening, or if a softened market is what I'm thinking about... but I do think the "most sell for $50k" statistic will start to settle down once we get past the "I gotta have it" impulse buys of a first-year model. As I understand it, the $1k off, loyalty discount they're starting to send out is NOT applicable on Rubicons. I don't know how long it'll take to get normal prices, but I don't doubt it'll come. Every time I stop by my local dealer, however, they say there is still too much interest for them to go below invoice. I'm not paying more than 3% below invoice though... value vs perceived value, its just not worth that $50k price tag to me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Around me the whole market is leveling out - the local Chevy dealers are cutting prices big.
The Jeep dealer I talked to said they'd sold 50 Gladiators, have two of the special intro models left.
Don't know that I'd judge market one way or another based on dealer discounts or lack of - things can change regionally, too. What sells here won't sell in CA, what sells in CA may not work in NY. Iowa is a huge Jeep state and I see no discounts, in fact the dealers fussed when I asked about even a few bucks more for a trade - they held firm.
Either way, no reason to take it personally. (unless you are the lady in charge of the project?)

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Either way, no reason to take it personally. (unless you are the lady in charge of the project?)
This.

For some people, there seems to be a tremendous amount of ego attached to buying these things.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Got mine for 5k under sticker and could not be happier. I traded in a 18jlur. It does get a lot of attention which is nice. I like the bigger brakes, thicker axles and everything else about it. Ohh and who can forget the higher bumper allowance since its a truck for the people living in hater states

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Ohh and who can forget the higher bumper allowance since its a truck for the people living in hater states
I'm not sure what "higher bumper allowance" means nor do I know which states are "hater states" and why that affects my bumper. Care to elaborate?

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I'm not sure what "higher bumper allowance" means nor do I know which states are "hater states" and why that affects my bumper. Care to elaborate?
lol does it matter??
Haters are everywhere thatā€™s why you gotta keep your head up and move in the right way. Think about others well being and be a good person; do the right things. Thatā€™s about covers it all.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
lol does it matter??
Haters are everywhere thatā€™s why you gotta keep your head up and move in the right way. Think about others well being and be a good person; do the right things. Thatā€™s about covers it all.
Technically, no... I'm a curious guy and when I hear new phrases I like to know what they mean. It can't hurt to ask, it isn't meant to challenge him... just seeking to educate myself. (c:

Sponsored

Northern AZ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
people are either waiting on diesel or other colors or the hype was only from jeep fans.
Out of all my friends I talk to at the gym or online noone really likes the gladiator. Like posted above they see decked out rubicons with 60k sticker and think No FREAKING WAY.
Same here .....my wife has a (4) door Jerp Unlimited and a few of her girlfriends do as well and they all dislike the Gladiator.
I've never been too much of a Jeep fan (meaning enough of one to ever want to purchase one for myself) ....I've had fun building my wife's tho (lift, rims, tires, steps, headlights, taillights etc)

I was actually in the market to upgrade my 2014 Toyota Tundra Max Crew 1794 edition to a 2019 but then I read about the Gladiator in June and loved it so I decided to drop the idea of the newer Tundra .....and get a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S loaded up ....then I've had to wait for the Gobi color so now that its available I'll search for the best deal (I live in Flagstaff, AZ) and pull the trigger on one within the next 2 weeks ....so hopefully the dealers in my area and in Phoenix will willing to give more incentives now then when I was talking to them during the summer (best I was offered was the 7 - 8 % below MSRP)

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Same here .....my wife has a (4) door Jerp Unlimited and a few of her girlfriends do as well and they all dislike the Gladiator.
I've never been too much of a Jeep fan (meaning enough of one to ever want to purchase one for myself) ....I've had fun building my wife's tho (lift, rims, tires, steps, headlights, taillights etc)

I was actually in the market to upgrade my 2014 Toyota Tundra Max Crew 1794 edition to a 2019 but then I read about the Gladiator in June and loved it so I decided to drop the idea of the newer Tundra .....and get a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S loaded up ....then I've had to wait for the Gobi color so now that its available I'll search for the best deal (I live in Flagstaff, AZ) and pull the trigger on one within the next 2 weeks ....so hopefully the dealers in my area and in Phoenix will willing to give more incentives now then when I was talking to them during the summer (best I was offered was the 7 - 8 % below MSRP)
Good luck!

kthrash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
I would have ordered an Overland if I could have gotten it with MaxTow and 4:10gears..
Sponsored