Signs the JT Market is Softening?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I’d be good with the rebates, lol. But historically has Jeep ever offered much in rebates on wranglers? I think that may be the closest model comparison. I think we’d be lucky to see 2k. There is about 1500 available now in various combinations between the 1k, private offers, USAA, or military.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Not a troll here. But Jeep has way more of a following or loyal just because buyers. I've been following the gladiator for well over a year. Like many others on this forum. The same can nOt be said about the ranger. No one cared it was coming. And most people still dont care about it.. Even hop over to the bronco forums there is way less activity then our forum had prior to gladiator release. The point is there is a huge portion of buyers who have been waiting for a long time for this truck. Artificially increasing the numbers. After we get our sales out of the way. We will see how the rest of the world thinks.
I was going to post exactly that. That there is a big pent up demand from Wrangler owners that have been wanting a truck or truck utility but have been been Jeep faithful

I would be curious to know how many early adopters of the JT are from the Jeep faithful. I understand a ton on this forum are, but that's a relatively small bubble compared to the 24k units sold. I haven't driven a Jeep since the 90s and loyalty was not my motivating factor.

I think getting beyond the early adopter crowd and will drive sales, not slow them.

I've also seen more resistance to the JT from the Jeep faithful than the general population as well.
Even @WRXMAN posted in a separate thread that the cannibalization rate is much higher then even Jeep expected.

I think the first 6-8 months of numbers are not going to be a good way to judge how the JT is doing as there are a lot of things going on between dealer markups, pent up demand, and limited supply/colors/options/motors

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Received an ad today for big local Jeep dealer here in Atlanta, $6k off Rubicon JT. Couple months ago I couldn't even get them to talk to me about anything less than full MSRP.

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Some don’t want to admit that it is softening, but hard to ignore.....they are sitting on lots here in NE, a few max tow Sting sports have been idle for while now too...Wish they’d sell so I don’t keep checking on them...:bandit:

Sponsored

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.16.50 AM.png

Considering that first deliveries really didn't start until late May, and there hasn't been a marketing campaign started until recently, the 100k per year sales target looks achievable without rebates or advertised discounts. With average sales in the $50k range, by even the most cynical people trolling this forum, the JT is a success.
They did 15000 units last quarter. This is brand new “hot” vehicle during that quarter also. No way they come close to 100000.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
They did 15000 units last quarter. This is brand new “hot” vehicle during that quarter also. No way they come close to 100000.
people are either waiting on diesel or other colors or the hype was only from jeep fans.
Out of all my friends I talk to at the gym or online noone really likes the gladiator. Like posted above they see decked out rubicons with 60k sticker and think No FREAKING WAY.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
people are either waiting on diesel or other colors or the hype was only from jeep fans.
Out of all my friends I talk to at the gym or online noone really likes the gladiator. Like posted above they see decked out rubicons with 60k sticker and think No FREAKING WAY.
You hang with the wrong crowd! I havent met anyone that doesn't like it. Too expensive and unique for some. But all like it. You hang out with alot Russians by chance?

Reactions: DHP

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
You hang with the wrong crowd! I havent met anyone that doesn't like it. Too expensive and unique for some. But all like it. You hang out with alot Russians by chance?
My wife said it is ugly, and she loved my JKU. My dilemma is I need a truck but miss my Jeep, so I am going to buy one anyway when my lease is up in 7 months. Hopefully, heavy rebates have kicked in by then.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
My wife said it is ugly, and she loved my JKU. My dilemma is I need a truck but miss my Jeep, so I am going to buy one anyway when my lease is up in 7 months. Hopefully, heavy rebates have kicked in by then.

My wife said pretty much the same thing: JEEP (JLUR), OK! Gladiator, no way. But I told her, wait until you see one lifted on 37's. She saw it and agreed with me. The difference between stock height and 33" tires and lifted and 37's is night-and-day to most viewers

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’ve gotten more compliments on this truck in two weeks than I have owning any other car and I put a good bit of work into my other cars. I think people like it, it’s just not priced very competitively for the mid size truck market, if it wasn’t a Jeep it wouldn’t get away with the price tag. The pricing almost put me in a Tacoma, ranger or Colorado, I’m glad I got the Jeep, but I’m sure many people preferred to save $6k+.

I want to also mention that a dealer that had previously laughed at the price I told them I wanted (40k OTD for sport s max tow hard top) has called me three times this week now saying they got a new shipment of gladiators and need to move them. Too bad for them, I bought a gladiator at another dealer the same day they let me walk, but this does seem to be a sign of the market softening.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Not too many Russians in eastern Kentucky. When I first saw one I wasn't blown away it did grow on me though and I love the look now and it's even better lifted.
Most of the guys at the gym are Chevy guys, they all have the lifted Duramax crew cab whatever. I'm on another gun forum and most like I said just say "60k for a jeep, lulz"
I think alot of folks just want to hate on it and they don't know why.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’ve gotten more compliments on this truck in two weeks than I have owning any other car and I put a good bit of work into my other cars. I think people like it, it’s just not priced very competitively for the mid size truck market, if it wasn’t a Jeep it wouldn’t get away with the price tag. The pricing almost put me in a Tacoma, ranger or Colorado, I’m glad I got the Jeep, but I’m sure many people preferred to save $6k+.

I want to also mention that a dealer that had previously laughed at the price I told them I wanted (40k OTD for sport s max tow hard top) has called me three times this week now saying they got a new shipment of gladiators and need to move them. Too bad for them, I bought a gladiator at another dealer the same day they let me walk, but this does seem to be a sign of the market softening.
I think at first glance someone might say it's ugly but once they see one actually driving down the road top down I think they change their mind. It's just such a good platform to build on. I figure the aftermarket will really go nuts in time.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
100k is the maximum yearly build. Since they didn’t start deliveries until late May, as pointed out, that’s a “duh” in 2019 but also note it is a 2020 model...
Sponsored