Sponsored

Signs the JT Market is Softening?

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
It's little weird how FCA (and others) dealers work. They actually do make some of the vehicles in a certain number and say to the dealers, in a way: take this many and sell them. It's more a push from FCA and not a pull from the customers. Certainly customer demand affects prices and if they do push too many down the dealers throats they have to discount them. Source: did a project with a dealership.
FCA does push dealers but the Gladiator has not been one so far...they push the low sales volume vehicles to build numbers...

i.e. higher the rebates lower the want for the vehicle...other than 1/2 ton trucks that all makes try to push the king of the mountain (f-series) off...
Sponsored

Bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Outback
I'm new here and a first time Jeep owner. I researched mid size trucks for many months before pulling the trigger a couple of weeks ago on an Overland JT. I wanted to love the Ranger as I have been a Ford guy in the past but it was really underwhelming. Chevys have never done anything for me, the Tacoma is ancient now and the Ridgeline is a Honda car in disguise. After looking at a million reviews of all of the options to get a feel for what I wanted I made the decision I was going to get a Gladiator and was super excited and still am. It is a joy to drive and even being a boring silver Overland, it gets looks like crazy! I am all over the Twin Cities metro most days and seldom see another one though. I expect to start seeing more as folks decide their current ride won't make it through our tough winters.

OP
OP

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Congrats on your purchase. The Overland is a gorgeous truck, IMO.

Sruss915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep wrangler
Couldnt
I'm new here and a first time Jeep owner. I researched mid size trucks for many months before pulling the trigger a couple of weeks ago on an Overland JT. I wanted to love the Ranger as I have been a Ford guy in the past but it was really underwhelming. Chevys have never done anything for me, the Tacoma is ancient now and the Ridgeline is a Honda car in disguise. After looking at a million reviews of all of the options to get a feel for what I wanted I made the decision I was going to get a Gladiator and was super excited and still am. It is a joy to drive and even being a boring silver Overland, it gets looks like crazy! I am all over the Twin Cities metro most days and seldom see another one though. I expect to start seeing more as folks decide their current ride won't make it through our tough winters.
Couldnt agree more I am first time jeep owner myself and dont regret the purchase at all ! :like:

surge101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I bought mine a week and a half ago. I went to four dealers. They all had anywhere from 8-15 on the lot. (Although only 1-2 on each lot where the Sport S Max Tow I was looking for) even with many on the lot, the dealers weren’t willing to give me a good deal. Most didn’t even want to budge from sticker. The best offer I got was on a truck with a 44,020 sticker. They offered 40,000 plus Tax and title. After doing the dance with dealerships for an entire weekend, this was the best I was going to get in my area and that’s what I bought.

Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
Occupation
Retired AF
Post here how you see the market getting softer for the Gladiator. Increased inventory, deeper dealer discounts, FCA promotions, etc.

For example, here in Lexington, KY the local dealer's website has 18 JTs listed! About 8 of them seem to be Launch Editions.
I agree, it’s softening! I live right by you, and scored a helluva deal in Danville because they just aren’t moving quite as fast as they ordered them

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The market is not "softening"... It is "adjusting" to buyer's expectations...

When someone is selling a vehicle, what it's worth is what people will pay at that point and time...

When I bought my JT I told the sales associate, Yup, I'm paying a premium price to buy the JT now...
I was surprised he wasn't wearing a mask and carrying a weapon.. LOL LOL
I knew if I waited 5 months the prices would stabilize based on initial hype, supply, color selection, dealer incentives, etc..
Saving a couple of grand was important, but not as important as getting the JT in my possession and starting to enjoy it!

I'm SO glad to see the prices becoming more realistic.

On my Jeep survey I filled out after my purchase, I commented Jeep is doing an injustice to all their core owners and buyers...
I see so many posts by people very interested in owning a JT, but it's priced just out of their range.
They are waiting for lease returns or a great deal to come along..

The JT isn't an exotic sports car that are made for the few people that have a few 100K sitting on the coffee table.....
I salute GM for realizing this and pricing the new C8 Corvette in the range more people can afford...

I live in Colorado... This is Jeep and Subaru country. They call the Subaru the Unofficial State Car and Jeep Wranglers is a close second.
The more Jeep's I see on the road, the better...

Say what you want, while the JT isn't perfect, it's damn close in my opinion.

You can't help but smile looking and driving it!.

BBQ

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I bought mine a week and a half ago. I went to four dealers. They all had anywhere from 8-15 on the lot. (Although only 1-2 on each lot where the Sport S Max Tow I was looking for) even with many on the lot, the dealers weren’t willing to give me a good deal. Most didn’t even want to budge from sticker. The best offer I got was on a truck with a 44,020 sticker. They offered 40,000 plus Tax and title. After doing the dance with dealerships for an entire weekend, this was the best I was going to get in my area and that’s what I bought.
Great price! What options did u get w that price?

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Post here how you see the market getting softer for the Gladiator. Increased inventory, deeper dealer discounts, FCA promotions, etc.

For example, here in Lexington, KY the local dealer's website has 18 JTs listed! About 8 of them seem to be Launch Editions.
The dealer in Lawrenceburg, KY got a couple back in June or July. I made the prediction they'd be there forever. As of today, they are still sitting there. Reason? They ordered them all wrong. Got Sport models, and then left off the truck stuff but added safety stuff instead. No bedliner, no Max Tow package, no hard top, etc. But, it's got adaptive cruise. Nobody wants a "truck" like that for $46k. And so, it'll sit there forever.

I think there is lots of interest in the truck. I also think sales have been very strong considering that they just went on sale six months ago and the truck is already in 4th place and climbing on the mid-size truck list. BUT....I do think the pricing is too high. Most people automatically think this is a $60k truck because they only thing they're seeing on lots are the $60k models.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The dealer in Lawrenceburg, KY got a couple back in June or July. I made the prediction they'd be there forever. As of today, they are still sitting there. Reason? They ordered them all wrong. Got Sport models, and then left off the truck stuff but added safety stuff instead. No bedliner, no Max Tow package, no hard top, etc. But, it's got adaptive cruise. Nobody wants a "truck" like that for $46k. And so, it'll sit there forever.

I think there is lots of interest in the truck. I also think sales have been very strong considering that they just went on sale six months ago and the truck is already in 4th place and climbing on the mid-size truck list. BUT....I do think the pricing is too high. Most people automatically think this is a $60k truck because they only thing they're seeing on lots are the $60k models.
Nailed it!
100% truth

Sponsored

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
I had seen somewhere that there was a hold on dealer ordered rubicons (not customer order) and I haven't seen any new rubicons in my area in transit. Anyone know if this is going on or when it will let up?
When I ordered mine in August the dealer also ordered two JTRs for stock. I picked mine up last week and the dealer told me that the two stock units were still in D status.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT

Those may be spec trucks that FCA sends to dealers to get them out in the public....

or they have a total moron building orders for them and need to get them out of there fast...

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian

Dealer in Shelbyville still has 3 silver rubicons on the lot from their first delivery.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Dealer in Shelbyville still has 3 silver rubicons on the lot from their first delivery.
Actually, in their first delivery they got 5 Gladiators. I believe 2 were Rubicons. 4 of those were sold as they got them off the truck, and the 5th was sold within two days. A guy went in there and wrote a check for it. Must be nice to have that kind of money.

Then they took 4 additional orders that first week since their stock was already gone. Mine was one of those.

After that, they got 1 white Overland model and it sat there for a while. Too much $$$ and not even truck capability I guess.

Since mid-summer I haven't been back over there, but the ones they're getting now are probably sitting around because the market is becoming more saturated now. I fear that FCA might try to stick big rebates on the Gladiator later this fall, and if they do that's going to screw the folks like me who are leasing.
Sponsored