James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
No thanks Chevy. I'll wait for this (full size) Jeep Wagoneer pickup instead....

Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641437462336
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Why wouldn’t it be? Most of us are car people too, not just Jeeple. Forgive us for discussing something that isn’t Jeep related.
I agree with you - but it's in the general Gladiator section rather than other vehicle discussions ->
General Automotive / Other Vehicles Discussions

I agree it's interesting, I've been looking at this truck myself thinking - wow, if I was sitting on a lot of money and this thing was out there 5 years ago.........

But it's in the wrong section as far as placement. It can be moved but it's a good topic for people interested in trucks in general.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
I can't decide if he actually believes anything that affects a minority is racist or if that was trolling...so confused
I just started thumbing up everybody. I think he was trying to make a satirical argument but none the less.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It's good to see innovations and developments from other brands. You don't want to live your life in an echo chamber of misinformation and missed opportunities.
Already does.............

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
$20-$40 per month to charge an EV for a daily commuter.
I think these are our local rates. There are other energy companies in Iowa. We have MidAmerican.
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641440643304

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think these are our local rates. There are other energy companies in Iowa. We have MidAmerican.
Jeep Gladiator Silverado EV promises 20k towing capability + mid gate design 1641440643304
So at your highest rate, charging a 200kw battery four times per month would cost $20. Thanks for sharing. Very nice.

Dr.Rubicon

First Name
Nein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 TrackHawk
Occupation
Plastic Surgeon
The mods on this website are leftwing nuts. They deleted my comment about laughing at the odd comments coming from people who were bringing race into electric cars...and said I was making it about race? I found it so odd it was funny. Wow go ahead and ban me your left wing bias is comical. You let summitdan throw a fit for pages in the other thread and only muted other people lol. Put your man buns up and lets get it done and over already

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Because we ARE "vehicle people" - truck people specifically (most of us own Gladiators, which are trucks)

And - because in their wisdom, the admin or admins created this area (which this thread might be moved to)
General Automotive / Other Vehicles Discussions
Wow, Jay or who-ever. That was quick!

It's now in the appropriate area.

As far as the shape of the rear of the cab transition to the box area - my bet is that since this is to be a "green" truck, and they are trying hard to maximize distance it can go and beat or come close to matching rivals at the very least, it's an effort to reduce drag. (something Jeep owners are very familiar with, isn't that a drag?)

Sponsored

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Cool, they are binging back the Avalanche. Hope it has as much swaths of plastic as the original! Not!

The technology is neat, looks cool, not my thing. Would hate to be in one and stuck on 95 down south this past week.

Also, in New England, where are all the new power plants being built to support all these electric vehicles? They are advertising right now to be prepared for power outages this winter if we have serious cold. Natural Gas Shortages, electrical demands going up because of the electric vehicles. California, constant brown outs I see in the news. Even Elan Musk has said we need a serious increase in power generation to support all of these electric vehicles. Coal power plants?

Batteries, a first gen Tesla 3 battery replacement is about $22000.00, 8 year old vehicle, just out of warranty. Who in their right mind would pay that? Where are you dumping the old batteries. Cobalt if some really bad stuff. This is going to become a huge issue, far worse than the nuclear waste dilemma. Think NIMBY, thanks George Carlin, miss you.

Fine they come out with new technology, they will, but what about all that is out there now, all that comes out till the "new" technology battery arrives?

Where do the materials come from for the current tech batteries? I thought we cared about the environment, the whole point of electric? Slave labor, child labor, just a nasty process to get the rare earths to make the current batteries.

Charging, being in Connecticut we have a lot of people from NY, NJ, PA travel through to go to VT and NH. I don't get the need to stop and wait an hour to charge your vehicle to continue to your destination. Local commuting, I get it. I can't imaging though, my work van for service, being electric. My service calls can be local or I can be in 3 states in one day. "Sorry sir, running about a couple hours behind to charge my service van. Some emergencies came in."

I get the technology, it is neat, there are just a lot of questions not being asked or fully thought through. There are simple fixes for some of the issues as well but no one will dare bring them up, Nuclear anyone? We will hit a point where it will be normal for brown outs in a lot of places, people stuck somewhere, ran out of power, forgot to charge the car the night before, its cold outside, battery packs explodes and a family died, think of the cell phone battery issues. Hasn't happened "yet" that we know of.

Rant over.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
So at your highest rate, charging a 200kw battery four times per month would cost $20. Thanks for sharing. Very nice.
It’s sad I’m an electrician and this is confusing me. But usually the rate is KWH which is thousand watts per hour. How are you calculating the 200KW? I guess it would depend on the chargers output per hour, are you guesstimating this or is there a formula I’m not aware of? Having only hooked up a handful of car chargers in my life, I can’t say I’m super knowledgeable on how they all work. The 480V fast chargers are pretty extreme though with their 50K+ watts output.

The mods on this website are leftwing nuts. They deleted my comment about laughing at the odd comments coming from people who were bringing race into electric cars...and said I was making it about race? I found it so odd it was funny. Wow go ahead and ban me your left wing bias is comical. You let summitdan throw a fit for pages in the other thread and only muted other people lol. Put your man buns up and lets get it done and over already
I think they just scrubbed the entire conversation as it was asinine, 3 of mine were deleted too. But whatever mine were just sarcasm anyways because it was so ridiculous. But in the end he made some off the wall comment about that’s what they’re doing to our kids so I think he was just trolling. I’m glad they removed it though, I should have never even responded lol.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
but it's a Jeep forum so only Jeep related things should be posted here
You must be a hell of a lot of fun at parties - you stand and talk only of the host and the beer being served.
Ever go to a drag race and talk about anything other than the cars on the track at that moment? Probably not.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
You must be a hell of a lot of fun at parties - you stand and talk only of the host and the beer being served.
Ever go to a drag race and talk about anything other than the cars on the track at that moment? Probably not.
it's a Jeep Gladiator forum, only Jeep related things should be posted here, stick to topic.
Sponsored