First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I can't decide. Got a gift card which make them both more reasonable had a snorkel on my JLUR it was pretty cool going to do more camping ou tof the JT so ???? what do you all think?
Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
If you'll be camping more than I would get the awning. Shade makes a world of difference at camp. The snorkel can come later, unless you're in the desert and closely follow others regularly and thus need cleaner air.

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
I vote awning as well. The likelihood that you need a snorkel for fording is very remote. If you really do, you might want to reassess crossing something that deep. What do we have, 30“ of fording capability? That is pretty darn good as is.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I drive in the desert and have a snorkel with self-cleaning prefilter on my JKUR. It makes all the difference when it comes to plugging up my air filter. I will put one on my JTR when AEV puts one out. I don't think the snorkels on the market for the JT right now are worth spending the money on.

The awning probably means you need to also buy something to mount it to, like a roof rack. Probably the better investment right now.
Sponsored