So, how deep is the bed?

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
Has this been confirmed. With all the sightings and auto show appearances I’d have thought someone confirmed with a tape measure.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I think the problem is the trucks are probably roped off. I will try to get a tape measure to it when I go to the Houston show. Even if I have to hop the rope, lol.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
It is roped off and then do a pretty good stand off as well, at the show I went to was also in eye sight of the booth. Trust me I laid on the ground to see if I could get a good shot of underneath and they walked around to see what I was doing.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I think the problem is the trucks are probably roped off. I will try to get a tape measure to it when I go to the Houston show. Even if I have to hop the rope, lol.
I am in Houston too. Have you confirmed it will be there? I have no free time any day of the regular show, but if I am willing to drop $250, I could go to the charity preview event benefitting Texas Children’s Hospital on Tuesday night.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I am in Houston too. Have you confirmed it will be there? I have no free time any day of the regular show, but if I am willing to drop $250, I could go to the charity preview event benefitting Texas Children’s Hospital on Tuesday night.
They have it listed on website as featured vehicle and there is a surprise debut at 7:15, I’m guessing the JT.

3BEBB002-A3A7-4AD0-AEBB-1106C6F19D92.png

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I will be attending the Detroit Auto Show next Monday. I hope they will not all be roped off. The JL's where there last year out in the open.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
They have it listed on website as featured vehicle and there is a surprise debut at 7:15, I’m guessing the JT.

3BEBB002-A3A7-4AD0-AEBB-1106C6F19D92.png
I did see that teaser for an unveiling. That might make it worth the price of admission.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yay! Somebody finally put a tape measure on it.
I hope that report of 18" is right. That would be enough for most everything I want covered up. There is a picture posted in the thread "JT sightings at consumer to shows?" that shows a lot of cargo loaded in the back of a JT. There is a black storage tote with a yellow lid that looks exactly like the one they sell at Costco. I took a tape to it today and it is 15 inches tall to the highest point. I can't tell if there is three inches between the top of it and the top of the bed. I fear there is not, but hope I am wrong. 18" would be plenty for me. I hope to get a tape on it at the Houston Auto Show this week.

NSSLMVP

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry 14, Subaru Forester 15
New England Auto Show today. They weren't letting people on the platform. They did not have the bed depth as a listed spec. Best I could do was use the iPhone measure tool to get these pics. Appears to be 16".

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
New England Auto Show today. They weren't letting people on the platform. They did not have the bed depth as a listed spec. Best I could do was use the iPhone measure tool to get these pics. Appears to be 16".

IMG_6030.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG
Your iPhone seems a tad miscalibrated - I’ve done a lot of measurements with the measure app, and what yours is showing is 15 feet 9 inches, and 16 feet 2 inches. Neither of which is 16”...

Not sure I’ve ever seen anything that Farr off since early beta days - usually the worst I see is 5-10% off, not 10-12x off!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Your iPhone seems a tad miscalibrated - I’ve done a lot of measurements with the measure app, and what yours is showing is 15 feet 9 inches, and 16 feet 2 inches. Neither of which is 16”...

Not sure I’ve ever seen anything that Farr off since early beta days - usually the worst I see is 5-10% off, not 10-12x off!
LMAO, good eye! Must wait longer.

NSSLMVP

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry 14, Subaru Forester 15

Hadn't realized this until you pointed it out. If I'm being honest the tool kind of sucks but it was my only option. I will say that while I was using it for these pictures it was measuring in inches. I'm wondering if the glitch is actually just that it is being displayed as feet and not inches?? Anyways this was never meant to be the end all be all bed depth measurement. I just haven't seen anyone put a tape measure in there yet and thought this was better than nothing. Lots of people on here saying that it's 18" and after seeing it yesterday I really don't think is.
Sponsored