Sponsored

So I built a rear seat delete platform for less than $100!

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
Love it! This could be a great option for people with fur kids too! Easier access and more space.
Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Thanks!

And another benefit is that this build deleted 77 pounds off the truck so now I have more space AND more payload capacity!

I will soon be starting a platform and leave the 40 seat of the 60/40 seats for occasions when I need the 3rd seats in the JT. It will be good to remove the unused dead weight, didn't realize the rear seat weight that much.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The hardest part was developing the template for the main deck and the side pieces. It literally took me about 6 hours get all the dimensions worked out on a piece of cardboard before I cranked up the saw.
I made a few templates of the plywood pieces so let me know if youā€™re interested in building one but want to save you some serious head scratching...
Now you are really making me want to redo mine to high quality build, I've thought about re doing mine some after having it for months. I've been thinking about it for different setup for fridge freezer. I have mine "crudely frenched" in slightly lower than the deck. It's a major weight saving dumping the back seats. I might have left the single seat if it was on right side. I dumped the back seat out of my LJ not long after buying it too. :like:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I dumped the back seat out of my LJ not long after buying it too. :like:
Ditto; the backseat hasnā€™t been in my JK since I bought it new except three times (that I recall) when needed for passengers.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto; the backseat hasnā€™t been in my JK since I bought it new except three times (that I recall) when needed for passengers.
I ended up selling mine to a buddy for his JK that ended up getting totaled by a PT cruiser speeding and running a red light.

Sponsored

Brentalight

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn
Occupation
Retired Military
Wow! That looks great! Our german shepherd and husky go everywhere with us and I have been searching for a rear seat solution. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Goose Gear product but this has inspired me to take a shot at making it myself.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
I'll take you up on the template measurements! My rear seat holds bags and my dog so I think the delete will be much more useful.
The hardest part was developing the template for the main deck and the side pieces. It literally took me about 6 hours get all the dimensions worked out on a piece of cardboard before I cranked up the saw.
I made a few templates of the plywood pieces so let me know if youā€™re interested in building one but want to save you some serious head scratching...

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I'll take you up on the template measurements! My rear seat holds bags and my dog so I think the delete will be much more useful.
Just sent you a PM...

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I would like to take you up on this offer for the plans please.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Good work, I don't necessarily regret my Goose Gear rear seat delete, but after using the same materials as it is made out of to build my bed deck, I recognize that they made a hell of a bunch of money on it (discounting the cost of a CNC router).

Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Good work, I don't necessarily regret my Goose Gear rear seat delete, but after using the same materials as it is made out of to build my bed deck, I recognize that they made a hell of a bunch of money on it (discounting the cost of a CNC router).
Yeah we may not have a router but you can get 98% there w/o one...

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
your platform looks to be exactly what I'm after. Mind sharing the prints with me too?

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant