Sponsored

So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange...

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
And then I saw the Mojave already has them. Now I’m torn because I think they would really cool with my Gobi. So let me ask...

I should also mention that (entirely coincidently) I’m buying a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires.

If you saw someone do this, would you think them a poser?
Do it. It will be fine. Only the biggest model snob would turn their nose to you.
Sponsored

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Do it , you are making the payments or paid for it , you have to ask yourself if someone gives you grief about it do you really want to associate with them ?

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
This. All day. I have a Mopar Steel Bumper. It has red tow hooks. Looks good in Gobi. Do your thing. For the love of God, Allah, Buddha, etc...just don't give it a grumpy grill. We will have to have an intervention. :CWL:
As for the hood decal, have @pixeldecals whip you up something clever. I did.

Nothing wrong with the tow hooks and wheels, putting Mojave stickers on the hood would be questionable though.

OP
OP
Alans17

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
This. All day. I have a Mopar Steel Bumper. It has red tow hooks. Looks good in Gobi. Do your thing. For the love of God, Allah, Buddha, etc...just don't give it a grumpy grill. We will have to have an intervention. :CWL:
As for the hood decal, have @pixeldecals whip you up something clever. I did.
LOL don’t worry. I’ll NEVER get a “grumper”, I don’t understand the attraction. The only decal I think I’ll get will be from my local Jeep club (NTJC) for the rear window.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I had the Rubicon letters replicated to Rat Patrol. Looks great on Gobi.

And good choice on no grumper grill. It's literally like "It's a Wonderful Life" in reverse. "Every time you install a grumper grill, they rip the wings off an angel." Plus if I have to talk about my feelings again.....

LOL don’t worry. I’ll NEVER get a “grumper”, I don’t understand the attraction. The only decal I think I’ll get will be from my local Jeep club (NTJC) for the rear window.
35s.jpg

Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
I agree, do what makes you happy! Who cares what others think. I think as long as you don’t go around telling everyone it’s a Mojave, it doesn’t matter.
This is also coming from someone who painted his sport tow hooks orange :giggle:

Seemore

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Teacher
Nothing against painting hooks orange or doing what you want to your truck including stickers on hood, grumpy grill , I'll still give ya a wave.
Reading this I have to wonder , if Warn winch sold a empty shell ,motorless winch with a few feet of cable around the drum, and call it the 18,000lb. model, that looks awesome and only weighs 15 pounds, won't mess with your critical "Rake" and is half the price of the Badlands HF winch, it's sad but I think it would sell like hotcakes!!!..............Jack
Shit I might buy it to fill the empty hole in my bumper that is waiting for a winch budget.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Look in the WTB, want to buy section of the marketplace, there is a guy looking for front and rear hooks!....Jack

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing against painting hooks orange or doing what you want to your truck including stickers on hood, grumpy grill , I'll still give ya a wave.
Reading this I have to wonder , if Warn winch sold a empty shell ,motorless winch with a few feet of cable around the drum, and call it the 18,000lb. model, that looks awesome and only weighs 15 pounds, won't mess with your critical "Rake" and is half the price of the Badlands HF winch, it's sad but I think it would sell like hotcakes!!!..............Jack
Have you seen the RC insta winch that came out a few years ago on April fools? :)

Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
And then I saw the Mojave already has them. Now I’m torn because I think they would really cool with my Gobi. So let me ask...

I should also mention that (entirely coincidently) I’m buying a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires.

If you saw someone do this, would you think them a poser?
Who cares what you do? Its your rig. Be you. It might be different if you're putting a Mojave decal on the hood, but a tow hook in orange? Heck no... Half these guys with out rubi's are running red tow hooks and rubi suspensions/ wheels on sports and overlands. Are they posers? nope.

Go for it!!!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They are ALL Gladiators = Jeeps............ regardless of the colors of the hooks or wheels on them.
Sponsored