Sponsored

So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange...

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Nothing against painting hooks orange or doing what you want to your truck including stickers on hood, grumpy grill , I'll still give ya a wave.
Reading this I have to wonder , if Warn winch sold a empty shell ,motorless winch with a few feet of cable around the drum, and call it the 18,000lb. model, that looks awesome and only weighs 15 pounds, won't mess with your critical "Rake" and is half the price of the Badlands HF winch, it's sad but I think it would sell like hotcakes!!!..............Jack
Please no.
And also no to the angry grill.

Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... Hood Scoop 5 Big Block Entertainment Engine Sound Simulator Apple App OBD WIFI Connector DragF

Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... 426fc94316b64279e80e133b62201610

s-l400.jpg
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
And then I saw the Mojave already has them. Now I’m torn because I think they would really cool with my Gobi. So let me ask...

I should also mention that (entirely coincidently) I’m buying a set of Mojave take-off wheels and tires.

If you saw someone do this, would you think them a poser?
heck if I could replace all of the red accents with orange on my Rubi I would do it too - but at this point I'm only doing functional mods. That means I need a functional reason to paint my tow hooks orange and rebadge the hood with black and orange Rubicon letters... 😁

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Please no.
And also no to the angry grill.

Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... s-l400

This is my favorite type of modification because it provides real downforce where the car needs it the most. Helps it go faster n'shit. BUT - i have to say that license plate mod is pretty slick...:rock:
Jeep Gladiator So I had this cool idea to paint my tow hooks orange... 1617749283362

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Quadritech sells covers if that would be of interest. I put red on my Willys because I wanted to see how it looked. If I ever change my mind I can go back in about 10 seconds.

C09FA72F-6326-4650-880E-C54A2F199808.jpeg

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
I'm painting mine a golden brass color. I know I don't have a 392 but if someone thinks Im trying to act like a have a 392 just because of my tow hook color, we'll they got issues. They are currently blue, but my Jeep def ain't electric.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
As a Rubi Owner, happy and flattered by the wants of Sports and Overland to get outfitted.

I bought a rubi as my first Jeep knowing dang well if I jeep right, in time, it will not look like how it was delivered. And there’s plenty of folks, myself included, that like the Original parts. So I think its great theres a healthy marketplace for all the stuff, and frankly they are usually sold at really low prices so there’s no prestige and no rarety.

I think all parts are fair game. All except the hood decal. Heck toss on a power bulge hood, but do pop off the stickers. :)

Heck, even Jeep parts bins. That Willys gets Overland fenders and Rubicon slides and comes in at a great deal.

Mod away!!

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
If you hadn't said they were orange I'd probably wouldn't have known. Go for it.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
Orange is my favorite color...go for it! Please send link for that 15 lb. Warn winch.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
It's your truck -- do what makes you happy. If someone wants to have an opinion on what you're driving, ask them to start making your payments.

REDcrabman

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired
A Jeep is a jeep and all other jeep products are fair game to interchange.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't there a member who painted theirs hydro blue to match the truck? Now that I think of it, I don't believe they were the only one to go color coordinated with their truck's body color.
Paint them red white and blue stripes. They ARE a Jeep and the most patriotic brand according to people who don't even know what that means.

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I would not notice and if I did, I wouldn't care.

A poser? Aren't we all old men if we can afford these overpriced toys?

Heck, I'll be a poser. At my age, I'd be tickled that anyone looked at me long enough to care.

What he said.

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
It's your truck -- do what makes you happy. If someone wants to have an opinion on what you're driving, ask them to start making your payments.

What he said The Sequal.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I think color coordinating tow hooks is a gateway to doing the hinges as well and friends don't let friends start color coordinating their jeeps. To me it's like buying a loud motorcycle with all kinds of shiny parts and riding it around town reving at stoplights, signs and under bridges, looking around to see who's admiring you. Ok, so it's not nearly as annoying as that but like I said, it's a gateway. Pretty soon your hinges will be orange and you'll have orange stuffed animals in your back seat, you'll name the jeep and get it tattooed on your calf next to your cool tribal art.

Thats just my opinion but you should do what makes you happy and not worry too much what others think, except for me😉
Sponsored