First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah I would point out that the car seat issue isn’t really an issue. We have the Gladiator for school drop off etc when the kid is old enough.

We are really only a one car house hold but a second is nice for the weekends etc. Wife works from home and my commute is 15 minutes on a bike.

I honestly think getting the kid in through the back would be easier. Can’t remember if the rear seats are split though…
If it is not a requirement to be able to haul the kid around easily, then go for it. Drive the gladiator when you have the kid along.
Sponsored

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I’ve owned a 4 door JK, a 2 door JK, and a TJ. Two door Jeeps are the absolute best, it’s like driving a lifted go-cart! I had young kids when I had the 2 doors, and it wasn’t that bad to get them into car seats. Way easier than a 911!

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
I love my 2dr but was a little to light to pull my boat on trips especially with a lift and 35’s. So I bought a gladiator to pull the boat.
Then I lifted the jt with 40’s…………..so much for having something To pull the boat!
Jt actually tows very well but terrible angle for loading/unloading boat.
My vote is to get the 2dr and lift it!

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... C27CF95F-D458-480F-B037-AA07239A2C40

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... 21A21B15-DB17-4B3A-8432-A1346F357EA2

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
I just want to tell you all about us crashing a Mustang meet with the Gladiator (we called ourself the support vehicle, you know in case we need to tow someone or bring the bbq)

Everyone there was between 22 and about 55 and the Cars ranged from Classic to the newest available.

2 young families. One in classic, one in a new 5.0.
They did fine getting the kids and stuff in and out of the mustang. I asked them about it and they were essentially shrugging at me. Did not really understand what my concern was.
Think it is up to the users. Buy the right seat, get side steps instead of hardcore rocksliders etc, if you want the vehicle, the little hassle is worth it. The kids loved the cars. Big eyes of wonder. No complaints. Sometimes we are also very very comfortable... lazy even.
I grew up in an old coupe Citroen 2CV, worked fine, even fell out once. Still around.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RK Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi 2 door, 23 Gladiator.......
My wife’s daily driver 2022 Rubicon (1 grown up son) I have a 2023 Gladiator. Yes my wife hits the malls also besides going on Big Bear trails(Ca). She absolutely loves to take the doors and the roof off and drive it to work and everywhere else. Doors and roof come off at least 4 times (3 weeks off at a time) during non winter.

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... 3021B062-AC8D-4990-B714-19D02D81C11E

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... D7E2B38F-3CA0-4ED1-B3E5-1845C35C5341

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... 961E2202-3837-4059-8CF0-F7325998B443

Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... B8F91CE9-51EC-48BF-BBB4-9AE024BE54C8

1D7AE71B-1438-4AD7-A1E8-C058D98FBFD8.jpeg

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Do it. The roots and origin of it all. And if you have the sense and low (practical-smart) budget to keep it 10-15-20 years. It will be very very rare. Do it! Monday!

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is why you want the 4 door anything.... It's a "huge pain in the ass" now per your words at the Dealership, but it only gets worse for a few more years. Even my 5 year old still needs help some days strapping in.... that's 3+ more years for you. You do not want a small child in a rear car seat in a coupe/2 door Jeep. Period. You'll hate yourself for that decision.
Nah, I call BS. In 3 years your kid will be telling you all the kids and staff at the school think you have the best Jeep ever. Do it. Make you kid proud!

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been thinking bout it too and I have 3 G kids.

1) Even stock, these JTs do have a ride/wheelbase defect. Can't put my non-expert thought on it but either should have been a touch longer or shorter (Wheelbase that is).
2) 2 door will be nimble as heck and easy to drive and park - city, trail, farm, beach.
3) Tonneau cover and bikini top and you have the greatest 2 door sports car in the world.
Jeep Gladiator So the wife wants a 2 door... 2D TJ U

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
My wife’s daily driver 2022 Rubicon (1 grown up son) I have a 2023 Gladiator. Yes my wife hits the malls also besides going on Big Bear trails(Ca). She absolutely loves to take the doors and the roof off and drive it to work and everywhere else. Doors and roof come off at least 4 times (3 weeks off at a time) during non winter.

Showed my wife the hardcore off-road pictures. She loved it haha

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Nah, I call BS. In 3 years your kid will be telling you all the kids and staff at the school think you have the best Jeep ever. Do it. Make you kid proud!
I've got the 5 year old now and he already says that with the JT :LOL:..... while the teachers easily get him in and out during car pool..... ;) I literally stuggle to even get car seats properly installed in 2 door vehicles, much less the car pool battle or simply getting them in and out multiple times a day haha.

I think I saw that you had 3 grand kids.... in that situation, have a ball with the 2 door! But I promise you, a daily driver 2 door for a carseat bound kid is a pain in the a$$ every single day. Been there, done that, sold it and moved on.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
On multiple occasions over the years I have used 911s as my only car daily driver, including a booster seat in the back. So quit your whining!;)

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Dude go for it. You'll figure out how to live with a carseat in the back, and your kiddo will figure out how to hop in when he/she is big enough. My wife and I have a 2-door, and we don't regret it for a second. Sure there are times when the extra space would be nice, but it's not SO much that we would rather have a boring ass SUV with a Jeep costume on.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Yeah I would point out that the car seat issue isn’t really an issue. We have the Gladiator for school drop off etc when the kid is old enough.

We are really only a one car house hold but a second is nice for the weekends etc. Wife works from home and my commute is 15 minutes on a bike.

I honestly think getting the kid in through the back would be easier. Can’t remember if the rear seats are split though…
They're not - they all fold forward as one unit. Getting in the back would take some gymnastic flexibility.
Sponsored