Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I like that Airstream trailer, it looks perfect with your truck.
It looks like they were made for one another!
Sponsored

Reactions: KVJ

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Towed my small trailer today (think lawnmower or atv type) and quickly found I can't back a trailer up for crap in this thing. Lol
I've been backing them up for years but just something is different about it with the gladiator.
Probly cause Ya can't open the damn door when you are tryin to see!!;-))

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Probly cause Ya can't open the damn door when you are tryin to see!!;-))
EXACTLY! I always opened the door and watched and backed up like nobodies business. Cant now.
I think the backup camera has an extreme fish eye to it the trailer wont look too bad in it but you check a mirror and its damn near sideways. For some reason I dont have that zoom feature either.
I think if I didnt have the softtopper I would be able to look out the back window at least. Ah well.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
EXACTLY! I always opened the door and watched and backed up like nobodies business. Cant now.
I think the backup camera has an extreme fish eye to it the trailer wont look too bad in it but you check a mirror and its damn near sideways. For some reason I dont have that zoom feature either.
I think if I didnt have the softtopper I would be able to look out the back window at least. Ah well.
Your backup cam doesn't have the trailer zoom feature?

Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I mounted snow plow indicators on the back of my trailer so I could know where the back of the trailer is.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Resized_20200627_135730_8408

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted snow plow indicators on the back of my trailer so I could know where the back of the trailer is.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Resized_20200627_135730_8408
Like the ones I have on Boat Trailer!

!cid_AFAACE9D5F084082BEA558D5B40B0BD6@RickPC.jpg

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
This week we upgraded from a 2014 Flagstaff pop up camper to this 2021 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS. We had plenty of time to get used to towing since our trip to pick up was around 4 1/2 hours on way, majority being on the interstate. Driving in town and smaller highways were a breeze. Felt like there was plenty of power, most of the time barely noticed it back there. By the time we got back onto the interstate though it started to get pretty windy, which I feel definitely hindered the performance. We started struggling to keep a steady speed when on the interstate (70 mph) especially with the long continuous hills in western Pennsylvania. I will also note, this is my first time towing a camper of this size/weight, so I'm sure there's a learning curve on my end too that needs to be adjusted to overtime.

I will say she sure was thirsty pulling this thing compared to our small pop up. :LOL:

WDH - Blue OX Sway Pro
Brake Controller - Tekonsha Primus IQ

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Jeep and Shamrock

Last edited:

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This week we upgraded from a 2014 Flagstaff pop up camper to this 2021 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS. We had plenty of time to get used to towing since our trip to pick up was around 4 1/2 hours on way, majority being on the interstate. Driving in town and smaller highways were a breeze. Felt like there was plenty of power, most of the time barely noticed it back there. By the time we got back onto the interstate though it started to get pretty windy, which I feel definitely hindered the performance. We started struggling to keep a steady speed when on the interstate (70 mph) especially with the long continuous hills in western Pennsylvania. I will also note I'm, this is my first time towing a camper of this size/weight, so I'm sure there's a learning curve on my end too that needs to be adjusted to overtime.

I will say she sure was thirsty pulling this thing compared to our small pop up. :LOL:

WDH - Blue OX Sway Pro

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Jeep and Shamrock
Just out of curiosity, do you have the MaxTow or is your JT a Rubicon?

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Just returned my friends Jeep YJ after lots of repairs and a refresh of dash and interior lights with LED.

340 miles round trip. With the YJ on my 18 x 7 foot trailer traveling 60 mph for 170 miles

- 15.5 MPG avg
- Coolant temp Max with two pretty steep climbs 203*F
- Transmission max temp 204*F
- oil temp max of 219*F

With just the trailer cruise set at 72 MPH for most of trip for 170 miles (guessing trailer wt about 1500lbs)

- avg 18 MPG
- coolant max temp 198*F
- transmission max temp 201*F
- oil temp max 204 *F

Without the trailer on commute today

- coolant temp 193*F
- Transmission 194*F
- oil temp 198*F

For this trip I did not have trailer brakes as I don’t have a trailer brake controller yet. Kept my distance but no issues stopping even with the YJ on the trailer. No WDH and no trailer sway bar. No issues.

47E3FC88-A80A-4629-91BA-304F6A68866B.jpeg

ACA8CA24-ADF2-472B-A7B4-20AA82CAFFF7.jpeg

AD7B078E-3806-40C1-AEFB-E9C0068E794D.jpeg

4780FAA2-4819-4FED-9AB5-D66F132AEFA3.jpeg

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
WDH - Blue OX Sway Pro
I LOVE the BLueOx Sway Pro and Tenkonsha Primus set up. Have the exact same. With my BlueOx, I set it at 9 links (2 1/2 showing after cinching up) and it's perfect. Level, and really does control the sway.

What's that big 'door' on the rear of your trailer? A slideout bed (like a pop-up's bed)?

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
I LOVE the BLueOx Sway Pro and Tenkonsha Primus set up. Have the exact same. With my BlueOx, I set it at 9 links (2 1/2 showing after cinching up) and it's perfect. Level, and really does control the sway.

What's that big 'door' on the rear of your trailer? A slideout bed (like a pop-up's bed)?
That's exactly the same link we set to, the 9th link goes in the slot. When we purchased our camper and pulled it home it was relatively windy that day and we had zero sway issues utilizing that set up. VERY happy with it! My only issue with the Tenkonsha Primus brake controller is where the heck to put it, I usually set it by my lever for the 4 wheel drive. I'm too nervous and indecisive to drill the mount into the dash anywhere as I like the stock look. Had contemplated going with the Mopar set up now that it's out but have heard several people complaining about it... So for now this works.

Yes, the door on the back is a bunkend. This is a "hybrid camper" so it's beds are on each end, and "pop out" leaving the entire cabin as floor space for everything else. We upgraded from a pop up and really enjoyed that open air feeling with the bunks so this was a best of both worlds for us.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Shamrock Front

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? Shamrock Back

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
@troy_brady , The trailer dealership simply mounted my brake controller on the lower dash just above the accelerator. Should I need to manually activate the trailer brakes for any reason, it's an easy reach to the slide bar. Doesn't look at all out of place and it's a short cable run to the plug on the wiring harness over on the other side of that area.

Where'd ya get your camper? I bought mine from Stoltzfus here in West Chester, PA, about 2 1/4 miles from home. Highly recommended dealership plus, my Father dealt with them years ago (TTs, Class C, and a couple of Class As) and was quite satisfied with their service.

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HSE Technician
@Labswine We were having a hard time finding this specific model and the closest one we could locate was in Ohio, so we actually bought it from All Seasons RV in Streetsboro Ohio. They were extremely easy to deal with and we got it for a heck of a deal. Definitely happy with them! We're about 2 1/2 hours northwest of West Chester. So if you hit State Parks often there's a chance we'll run into each other!
Sponsored