So, what is everybody towing?

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
This week we upgraded from a 2014 Flagstaff pop up camper to this 2021 Flagstaff Shamrock 21SS. We had plenty of time to get used to towing since our trip to pick up was around 4 1/2 hours on way, majority being on the interstate. Driving in town and smaller highways were a breeze. Felt like there was plenty of power, most of the time barely noticed it back there. By the time we got back onto the interstate though it started to get pretty windy, which I feel definitely hindered the performance. We started struggling to keep a steady speed when on the interstate (70 mph) especially with the long continuous hills in western Pennsylvania. I will also note, this is my first time towing a camper of this size/weight, so I'm sure there's a learning curve on my end too that needs to be adjusted to overtime.

I will say she sure was thirsty pulling this thing compared to our small pop up. :LOL:

WDH - Blue OX Sway Pro
Brake Controller - Tekonsha Primus IQ

Jeep and Shamrock.jpg
I can't quite tell from your photo but it looks like you just have the stock mirrors on the JT. Did you have a problem seeing around the 21' camper with the stock mirrors?

I will be pulling a 19.5' and wondering if I will need the extenders or not.
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Almost any camper including tall teardrops will need extension mirrors. Gladiator is 72” wide to mirrors. Search mirror extendions here you will see a Rampage mirror extension a Forum member makes, works great....Jack

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just ordered the Rampage mirrors and Thorn adapters. I will look into upgrading the camera system at a later date.

troy_brady

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Occupation
HSE Technician
I can't quite tell from your photo but it looks like you just have the stock mirrors on the JT. Did you have a problem seeing around the 21' camper with the stock mirrors?

I will be pulling a 19.5' and wondering if I will need the extenders or not.
This picture was from our first pull and when our towing mirrors were still in the mail yet so I had just adjusted the stock mirrors to help the best they could, which wasn't much. Since our camper is 8 foot wide the mirrors mentioned above with adapters still wouldn't really allow much help either so I went with ones that extended a bit farther, CIPA Universal Fit Towing Mirror, got them from etrailer.com. Haven't tired them out yet though they look promising.

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Brought it home today. Mopar trailer brake controller worked fine. Although I still have to figure out what setting to have it on. Mirror extenders won't be until Monday so I was extremely cautious on the drive home.

PXL_20210327_180845071.jpg

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Just an updated pic...my front yard instead of at the dealership as posted before. Looks more 'camper-y' :)

Front Yard Pic.jpg

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Put Hazel in temporary storage at work yesterday, our builder set the metal posts for the new gate and fence for the side yard, needed out of the way for a bit. Nice to work for a company that has secure storage for big boxes!
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? PXL_20210327_190427895

I'd forgotten how much weight we've taken out of the interior. I THINK the new flooring is going to bring us back to par, we've only got a vanity left to install after that. Definitely lighter right now, but I planned to adjust the hitch regardless. The upward bow is noticeable.

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? PXL_20210327_183241953

GotGladiator

First Name
Carlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator MaxTow
My pocket not so happy, but wifey is extremely happy! We took home a rolling bunkhouse Forest River EVO 177bq last Wednesday. This replaced our old betsy 19FT hybrid TT of which I need to sell fast. Our cul-de-sac is looking like a trailer park. LOL.

20210331_173329.jpg

JBJT20

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 634DB1CA-0D1B-40A2-898D-C06D9C147899
Just picked up an Aspen Trail 2180RD last night. I was happy with how the truck pulls the trailer. I have the OEM brake controller and it worked as expected and the install, for me, was straightforward and easy. The rampage tow mirrors worked well for getting the trailer home but when backing it up and making an aggressive turn the mirrors weren't as far out as I would have liked.

Sponsored

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
My current setup.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 4442E444-F09B-4AA0-888E-DA9C3DCF9020

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
2000 Coleman Westlake popup. It weighs about 3,000 lbs fully loaded, and the Gladiator tows it great.

20210403_163909.jpg
Nice.
If I were to pull a camper, this is the route I’d go. A helluva lot less drag!

Kevin
Sponsored

Reactions: KVJ