Sponsored

Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way?

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
Read the thread trying to see if anyone had success rolling up the back window and the purpose of the elastic straps that come with the velcro straps. Figured I’d give it a go and had good success with it. The corners were able to stay in securely without the window holding them in place and the top could be in either position. Rolling it up is an option for more ventilation. It was a slight hassle rolling it but not hard, only a roll and a half is needed, no need to roll it like a sleeping bag. I might get a small section of corrugated pipe or something to help hold the shape but otherwise it stayed the way it needed to. The only caveat was that you need to remove the window from the track first and not just roll it straight up. Then slip it into the straps for storage and troll onward. Once you’ve unrolled it, the window will look jacked up but securing all the flaps into place will stretch it back out and return to its normal shape no worries.
Hope this helps.

A7F55C5C-0F80-4ACF-9F3A-DA8CC42390E1.jpeg

53216F71-1288-402A-AAA5-A0C3E408F556.jpeg

0D3C76FE-3A74-49DA-9296-DF9D524FA91E.jpeg

2307E1C9-B539-48E6-96CF-C88973FB3669.jpeg

E62799BE-A70B-49F0-9371-8104D66C2B5F.jpeg

4B1BA998-F0A1-4C11-B727-E68501CD8565.jpeg
Yes that strap. Put your top back and stretch that up and hook on top latch hooks. No morw flapping from wind
Sponsored

wry_whiskey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
Yes that strap. Put your top back and stretch that up and hook on top latch hooks. No morw flapping from wind
Do you have pics? Are you doing this just to stop the flapping of the actual softtop, or securing the rear window?

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
Do you have pics? Are you doing this just to stop the flapping of the actual softtop, or securing the rear window?
I just store the rear window in it. Put the top back. Air flows much better. As for the top when folded back, you should've gotten 2 elastic straps with buttons on one end. On the rear of the soft top frame are 2 snaps. One on each side. Snap the straps and stretch up and hook on the soft top hooks. No flapping.

TeamHemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Yes, I like the bag... The price is high, but, I do recommend it.... It is well engineered to avoid damage to the rear window... and it is easy to use it. This is the key. Be very careful with that rear window... It scratches and creases super easy... , ie. do not wipe it down when it is dirty, hose it off really good first. Also, do not bend it..
This right here says it all and I 100% agree.

I had a few regular Jeeps and always rolled up the window and they saw their fair share of scratches and creases as a result and they did not even have the hard side insert tabs that the Gladiator window has which makes it even harder to roll up.

I am babying this window and will be getting the storage bag.

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
This right here says it all and I 100% agree.

I had a few regular Jeeps and always rolled up the window and they saw their fair share of scratches and creases as a result and they did not even have the hard side insert tabs that the Gladiator window has which makes it even harder to roll up.

I am babying this window and will be getting the storage bag.
Yea the Gladiator has a much stiffer window than Wranglers

Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Has anyone had any experience with driving with the back window out, top folded back, and the quarter panels still installed? I would like to take the window out and leave the quarter panels.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had any experience with driving with the back window out, top folded back, and the quarter panels still installed? I would like to take the window out and leave the quarter panels.
It actually tells you in the owners manual to not do this. If the back windows gets taken out, the quarters have to come out too. Without the window to hold them in place, they can pop out, I've seen a couple people who have lost one.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
It actually tells you in the owners manual to not do this. If the back windows gets taken out, the quarters have to come out too. Without the window to hold them in place, they can pop out, I've seen a couple people who have lost one.
I
Drove that way for 2 summers now, all around town and even interstate speeds. Never an issue.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I

Drove that way for 2 summers now, all around town and even interstate speeds. Never an issue.
Same. Those quarter panels aren’t coming out unless you put them in wrong.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I drive soft topback and back window in at hwy speeds.. no issues
Sponsored