Sponsored

Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way?

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Thats exactly what its for. Quadratech has a youtube video where they install the premium soft top on the JL and they show how the rolled up back window rolls up and is held by the snaps.
1431 in
Sponsored

auntchiara

First Name
Chiara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Read the thread trying to see if anyone had success rolling up the back window and the purpose of the elastic straps that come with the velcro straps. Figured I’d give it a go and had good success with it. The corners were able to stay in securely without the window holding them in place and the top could be in either position. Rolling it up is an option for more ventilation. It was a slight hassle rolling it but not hard, only a roll and a half is needed, no need to roll it like a sleeping bag. I might get a small section of corrugated pipe or something to help hold the shape but otherwise it stayed the way it needed to. The only caveat was that you need to remove the window from the track first and not just roll it straight up. Then slip it into the straps for storage and troll onward. Once you’ve unrolled it, the window will look jacked up but securing all the flaps into place will stretch it back out and return to its normal shape no worries.
Hope this helps.

A7F55C5C-0F80-4ACF-9F3A-DA8CC42390E1.jpeg

53216F71-1288-402A-AAA5-A0C3E408F556.jpeg

0D3C76FE-3A74-49DA-9296-DF9D524FA91E.jpeg

2307E1C9-B539-48E6-96CF-C88973FB3669.jpeg

E62799BE-A70B-49F0-9371-8104D66C2B5F.jpeg

4B1BA998-F0A1-4C11-B727-E68501CD8565.jpeg
How has this worked out for you in the long run?

I tried rolling mine up this past week. I ended up with many kinks in the window plastic, two of which have not seemed to straighten out after lying the window flat for several days. :/ It feels like I've ruined it with one use.

Jollydude101

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
How has this worked out for you in the long run?

I tried rolling mine up this past week. I ended up with many kinks in the window plastic, two of which have not seemed to straighten out after lying the window flat for several days. :/ It feels like I've ruined it with one use.
I only rolled it the once, then reinstalled it after. Having the tabs stretching it seemed to help it out. It’s been too cold in ny lately so I haven’t had it opened up much.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Here is what the window and column bag look like. Very well done at protecting the contents. I have driven my Rubicon JT with the top down and the window in or out at 85 mph with no ill effects. If there is a cross wind, sometimes you will get some noise from the top when the rear window is in and the top is back.

The columns never touch the window
BtBGzf.jpg

The felt cover with pad stops any creasing and scratching
r9MlCT.jpg

Fully folded and ready for storage
GYPGFe.jpg

Where did you get the bag? It wasn't available when I ordered my JT. Also does it have a part number?

I think it might be 68396560 possibly with an "AB" at the end of it. The local parts guy can't confirm that part number is the same bag that is shown on the build and price tool. The description says its for a JT but it also mentions windows plural and that indicates its for a JL. The build and price tool shows the bag as a $75 option, Mopar has it listed for $185 and Quadatrac has it for $155.

@JeepCares Can you confirm the part number for us?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Where did you get the bag? It wasn't available when I ordered my JT. Also does it have a part number?

I think it might be 68396560 possibly with an "AB" at the end of it. The local parts guy can't confirm that part number is the same bag that is shown on the build and price tool. The description says its for a JT but it also mentions windows plural and that indicates its for a JL. The build and price tool shows the bag as a $75 option, Mopar has it listed for $185 and Quadatrac has it for $155.

Hello,
We recommend heading over to store.mopar.com. This website will have all available accessories. If you are unable to locate what you are looking for there, it may be a part that is only available for order through your dealer.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Last edited:

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link

This is correct -- Mopar 68396560AB Window Storage Bag for 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT. Quadratec has it for $155. This Mopar bag stores 3 parts -- rear window, and both rear convertible columns --- without any scratches and creases on the window.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
This is correct -- Mopar 68396560AB Window Storage Bag for 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT. Quadratec has it for $155. This Mopar bag stores 3 parts -- rear window, and both rear convertible columns --- without any scratches and creases on the window.
Thank you @hjdca! Amazing you can find the part number but jeep cares can't :headbang:. Do you like the bag? I am pretty sure I will buy one from Quadratec, just kinda pissed its $155 when it is advertised on jeep.com for $75, yet no one from Jeep knows how to order it.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thank you @hjdca! Amazing you can find the part number but jeep cares can't :headbang:. Do you like the bag? I am pretty sure I will buy one from Quadratec, just kinda pissed its $155 when it is advertised on jeep.com for $75, yet no one from Jeep knows how to order it.
Yes, I like the bag... The price is high, but, I do recommend it.... It is well engineered to avoid damage to the rear window... and it is easy to use it. This is the key. Be very careful with that rear window... It scratches and creases super easy... , ie. do not wipe it down when it is dirty, hose it off really good first. Also, do not bend it..

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Try asking @AllMoparParts.com. They may be able to beat Quadratec's price and I believe they offer free shipping for forum members.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why they do it, but for some reason they only offer the $75 price point if you order it when you order the Jeep. Outside of that it lists at the higher price.

I purchased the bag after the fact because my Jeep was a hardtop only and I added the soft top later. I really like the bag, it works very well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

auntchiara

First Name
Chiara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Until I can spare the cash for the real thing, I've converted a free sketchers reusable shoebox backpack to a Gladiator rear window and C post cover holder. ;)

Jeep Gladiator Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way? 20200522_145607
Jeep Gladiator Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way? 20200522_145628
Jeep Gladiator Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way? 20200522_145657

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
A card came in the glovebox of mine and it had a picture on it saying literally that you could drive it with the top down and rear window in

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
Thank you for the video link. The video shows the Velcro straps being used, but some of us also got 2 mysterious elastic bands with snaps — those are the ones we’re curious about, as they aren’t mentioned in the owners manual (or in the video).
2 snaps at rear inside soft top. Fold top back. Stretch elastic band up and hook on soft top latch hooks. Your soft top won't flap any longer

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
Until I can spare the cash for the real thing, I've converted a free sketchers reusable shoebox backpack to a Gladiator rear window and C post cover holder. ;)

Jeep Gladiator Soft top back, rear window in, OK to drive that way? 20200522_145657
Omg man. I ordered 2 square yards of felt 60" wide for $16 including shipping. Folded one end up 24" and sewed edges. Remove rear window and insert the fold over. I have a bed cover so it's safe in bed even if I have cargo

1gpfreak

First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Electro-Mechanic
Omg man. I ordered 2 square yards of felt 60" wide for $16 including shipping. Folded one end up 24" and sewed edges. Remove rear window and insert the fold over. I have a bed cover so it's safe in bed even if I have cargo
Then*
Sponsored