Sponsored

(Solved) Dealer Deposit Refund on Botched Order

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
The entire dealer system needs to be flushed. Back before the internet, an argument could be made for their existence. Now, they're a middleman that adds negative value. Zero value add, tons of friction, millions if not billions added market cost. The entire system could be replaced with a few lines of code on the manufacturers' websites, and a handful of service certification programs. Costs should (but almost certainly wouldn't) go down to reflect the gained market efficiency, and literally everyone (but the scumbag dealers) would be happy as clams. The fact that many of us choose to fly halfway across the country to deal with pretty much the only dealer in the country that tries should speak volumes. This will probably get censored, but it comes out of my mouth just about any time a dealer is mentioned. Fuck. Dealers.
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
All the dealer slime is one of the reasons Tesla is avoiding dealers. No surprise, dealers are having a collective seizure over the ability for consumers to buy a car without their spawn-of-Satan being involved. The Texas dealers convinced the Texas state legislature to pass a law banning the sale of vehicles without involving a spawn-of-Satan dealer. No kidding, Tesla is working on an agreement to sell their cars on Tribal land in Texas where the legislature's laws don't apply. 😄

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
All the dealer slime is one of the reasons Tesla is avoiding dealers. No surprise, dealers are having a collective seizure over the ability for consumers to buy a car without their spawn-of-Satan being involved. The Texas dealers convinced the Texas state legislature to pass a law banning the sale of vehicles without involving a spawn-of-Satan dealer. No kidding, Tesla is working on an agreement to sell their cars on Tribal land in Texas where the legislature's laws don't apply. 😄
lots of states have had similar laws for years.

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
As someone of Italian American heritage, I can tell you that revenge is very very satisfying.

the domain

berteracars.com is available for about $15.

If you get it from go daddy.com you will be able to put up basic documents and HTML for free.

You could tell people about your nightmare and provide documentation of the problem. Name names, etc.

All perfectly legal and ethical provided you are telling the truth. You could even put a link to Gumpton Motors. I'm honestly astonished that they don't own it already.

If you really want to be evil, you could spend a few bucks for some search engine optimization so that when someone googles "Bertera cars" your site is at the top of the list.

berteracars.com. get it!!!
You 100% have worked in advertising and/or marketing ;)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
The problem with dealerships is no different than most businesses.
They were started by someone who had an honest interest in the business, in this case cars. They would walk through the shop and check up on things. They cared. Now, they are owned by the next generation who was brought up for business or whatever and has an interest in business but not THE business. This is why dealerships have become conglomerates or owned by an investment group.
Gone is the personal interest in the business.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
The entire dealer system needs to be flushed. Back before the internet, an argument could be made for their existence. Now, they're a middleman that adds negative value. Zero value add, tons of friction, millions if not billions added market cost. The entire system could be replaced with a few lines of code on the manufacturers' websites, and a handful of service certification programs. Costs should (but almost certainly wouldn't) go down to reflect the gained market efficiency, and literally everyone (but the scumbag dealers) would be happy as clams. The fact that many of us choose to fly halfway across the country to deal with pretty much the only dealer in the country that tries should speak volumes. This will probably get censored, but it comes out of my mouth just about any time a dealer is mentioned. Fuck. Dealers.
As a business owner, I can say that many products and many people have to be sold regardless how good the deal is. Without dealerships and sales people and GSMs up their rear, a lot fewer cars would be sold.
I don't disagree with the straight from the mfr concept but I'm willing to bet that sales models would show substantial decreases.

The problem with dealerships is no different than most businesses.
They were started by someone who had an honest interest in the business, in this case cars. They would walk through the shop and check up on things. They cared. Now, they are owned by the next generation who was brought up for business or whatever and has an interest in business but not THE business. This is why dealerships have become conglomerates or owned by an investment group.
Gone is the personal interest in the business.
The US and the entire western world is becoming COMPLETELY corporatized. What do you think this whole asinine Covid thing was about?

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
As a business owner, I can say that many products and many people have to be sold regardless how good the deal is. Without dealerships and sales people and GSMs up their rear, a lot fewer cars would be sold.
I don't disagree with the straight from the mfr concept but I'm willing to bet that sales models would show substantial decreases.
Also as a business owner, the industry is propped up solely on the backs of lobbyist dollars. It's due a major disruption to flush the whole outmoded and unnecessary leeching lot. No one just stumbles onto a lot and buys a car because some skeezball smiled real nice. Protectionist laws that didn't make sense even when they were passed are literally the only thing keeping the dealership boat afloat. Every. Single. Manufacturer would go straight to consumer if they could. Since we're playing with pretend money, I'd bet you dollar for dollar that sales would increase if people didn't have to mess with and line the pockets of dealers. It's a pretty universally unpleasant experience that everyone dreads. I used to buy and sell two cars a year; I can haggle. I can sell cars. I can buy them. Not once has any interaction with any dealer been worth the headache.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Did you verify your build sheet before giving them a deposit?

OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Did you verify your build sheet before giving them a deposit?
I sat at the dealership and clicked through every option I wanted. I got a printout of the build. I still have the printout.

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I sat at the dealership and clicked through every option I wanted. I got a printout of the build. I still have the printout.
The dealers I worked with use that printout as a contract for the order and the VON, later the VIN are generated from that order, we signed it.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Did it have these two items on it? This is from my 2018 JLU Sahara with stitched Katzkin.

1632349305460.png

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Did it have these two items on it? This is from my 2018 JLU Sahara with stitched Katzkin.

1632349305460.png
Same order, but the dealer screwed up the first time and I caught him. Made him fix it that day. Not supposed to have these two options on the build sheet (conflicts) for a Katzkin option, not even on a Sahara, or overland in the case of a JT.
Jeep Gladiator (Solved) Dealer Deposit Refund on Botched Order 1632353121493

Last edited:
OP
OP
TwelveGaugeSage

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Same order, but they dealer screwed up and I caught him. Made him fix it that day. Not supposed to have these two options on the build sheet (conflicts) for a Katzkin option, not even on a Sahara, or overland in the case of a JT.
I had the opposite problem. I wanted those leather seats and they ordered the factory leather. I 'm not understanding what you are showing me though. On my Gupton order, I believe that is what it looks like. You order the cloth seats and they replace or reupholster them with the mopar/katzkin seats. Both show on the order sheet. I don't have it here, but I can post it tomorrow if you would like to see.
Sponsored