Sponsored

Someone's scoping my Gladiator

FoxForce4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT HA
thats....a little creepy....

it seems like youre assuming there is an emotional component to my argument. There isnt. just be careful with cops is all im saying. Its like having a pet rattle snake. Youll get end up bitten, and people will assume its your fault. They arent there to help. They arent there to keep you safe. Theyre there to enforce what theyre told to enforce, and theyre all hoping they get a chance to get their gun on in the process. Theyll arrest you any chance they get, or have zero issues or thought to rounds getting pumped into your car where your family is while turning the public streets into their own arcade game.
So..... how much time did you do? :LOL:

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
this.

Cops pose way more of a threat to your safety and well being than dirt bags do. Plan and act accordingly.
I haven't seen any data to back up this claim other than what the networks bombard the public with for the last 8 years. I know that distrust of police is a cultural component for many in the US that goes back decades but the reality is that major networks are using that history to sow mistrust and chaos. This tactic works on many levels:

-Men against women
-gay against straight
-poor against wealthy
-white against black
-christian against muslim

We can't even talk about it on this board because it's deemed politcal but I guess if you are making blanket statements against law enforcement, that's okay.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Two things are making me laugh these days.

The first is this. Those people who say they are 2nd amendment who also say they want more government police are a joke. We need police, and we support police. Obviously. Just don't make me laugh that they work for any person. They work for the law. The law we the people wrote. Constitution much?

The second thing is these folks saying they want to be a whole other country. Funny. Nobody minded. Yup. I read about it for days. Not one person said "please stay". You have to earn your right to be one tiny part of this great big thing called America, and if you wanna run away, well, okay. Renounce already much?

America is reborn everyday by you and me. On Christmas especially, respect for all people, all views, all Americans, is a good way to preserve our democracy. Kyrie eleison. Merry Christmas.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
Ah man.... I was really appreciating how the Jeep family from all over the country with many different backgrounds could come together in this forum and not turn it into a political shit show.

Hopefully this ends here.

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I put a Bolt hood lock on my Gladiator and am real happy with it. The install was pretty straightforward (I did use bolts rather than the supplied rivets), and it has worked as expected. Allayed my concerns of someone opening the hood and monkeying with the tender bits while I leave it parked in the woods hunting...
https://www.boltlock.com/locks/jeep-hood-lock

Wicked1

First Name
Quest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport S, 2020 Jeep renegade trailhawk
My jeep came with Kahu pre-installed on it and it's like a lo-jack system. I can place geo-fences on my Jeep so if it leaves my area I get text alerts and can report it stolen right then. If you are worried about them messing with your engine just buy the hood locks for it. I live in the ghetto and so far never had a problem. Get the hood locks and like someone else said install a hidden deadman switch if your really worried.

granpappygd

First Name
GranPappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport
Occupation
trying to survive the madness
@OP --- ATTICUS... as in Mr. Finch? 👍

Sponsored

TheLastOne

First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2013 WK2 Trailhawk
Occupation
Govt
I mean, the guy was a fellow Jeeper. Anyone rocking a lifted, beaten up old XJ is a true Wheeler in my book, maybe he was just appreciating your ride. I've had people compliment my truck, or stare at it.

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
In another forum, there was a post about a vehicle alarm that sends the owner text alerts if anyone is attempting to mess with their vehicle. I've been meaning to look into it. Not sure how it would send a text if not connected to wifi, a cellular service tied to etc. However, passing it on for you to maybe look into as well.
If anyone on here, knows the alarm system, be great if you shared a link.

Great dog!

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
On a previous car, I installed a completely hidden kill switch series. At night, I just reached, set them off, and didn't worry. Car wasn't starting if the two switches weren't in the correct order. (Use three position switches) Get a Lojack. Use Sirius Guardian, that comes with the Gladiator. Set a Dashcam that run's 24x7. The Garmin will quit recording if battery gets too low. Just some idea's.

flyerness

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I put a Bolt hood lock on my Gladiator and am real happy with it. The install was pretty straightforward (I did use bolts rather than the supplied rivets), and it has worked as expected. Allayed my concerns of someone opening the hood and monkeying with the tender bits while I leave it parked in the woods hunting...
https://www.boltlock.com/locks/jeep-hood-lock
Thanks for the suggestion, and I like the idea of a single lock point. You mentioned it was a straight-forward install. Few questions:

Were you able to use existing mounts / no extra drilling ?
Did you have to make cuts into existing grill? Difficulty?
Do you have to remove the original latch?
Any problems w/ the key match?
How secure/waterproof is the keyhole shutter?

Thanks 4S50, appreciate your insight.
Sponsored