Sponsored

Speaker Upgrade?

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
I have the mid line system (7.0") in my JT and I think the sound quality is horrible, especially at higher volumes. It also lacks power especially with the doors and top off. I dont need more cameras, video games, Nav, HVAC, etc. I just want to improve the sound quality and add more volume (with good quality) to what I have. Are there options for replacement speakers, a sub and perhaps an amp t drive it all without replaceing alot of the factry stuff and adding a bunch of stuff I dont need or want?
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Back when I had my TJ I put in Polk marine grade speakers and they fixed all my audio issues. Great speakers all with all around good sound

Sponsored

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
I just put in a skar evl 8 inch with their amp. Adjusted the eq in the head unit and it sounds great. In just over 400 bucks and very happy with it. It could definitely be louder but the head unit is limited to protect the factory speakers.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there great and plug and play
Installed them today. took me longer to gather my tools and find my 20 Torx than it did do complete the install. Sounds so much better. Adds a lot to the highs, obviously nothing add down low but still a worthy upgrade for $120 total. Couple of pics comparing them. Factory on the left. Mopar Kicker upgrade on the right.

Jeep Gladiator Speaker Upgrade? D04964F2-A784-4D27-B36E-66561045A0BD

Jeep Gladiator Speaker Upgrade? 6E5B7A9C-32BB-4C1E-9B63-635EE9D6A8D8

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I’ve added these to my Christmas wishlist. May just add them myself if nobody gets them for me. Then add in a powered sub and call it a day.

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Installed them today. took me longer to gather my tools and find my 20 Torx than it did do complete the install. Sounds so much better. Adds a lot to the highs, obviously nothing add down low but still a worthy upgrade for $120 total. Couple of pics comparing them. Factory on the left. Mopar Kicker upgrade on the right.

Other than the difference in sound and size, how do they differ? could the original speakers be water resistant ?

Sponsored

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Other than the difference in sound and size, how do they differ? could the original speakers be water resistant ?
I had these in my JL and they were awesome. Just got a JT a couple of weeks ago. Am I crazy, or is there more base out of the sound bar than the knee speakers on the JL. Wondering if there is something different?

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I’ve added these to my Christmas wishlist. May just add them myself if nobody gets them for me. Then add in a powered sub and call it a day.
Looking at the Kicker HS10 for under the passenger seat.

Unkiebunk045

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Medical Sales
I did this in my JL and you would be amazed at the sound they Are the Mopar exact part but for Dodge and cheaper than Jeep.

You need 2 sets one for on the Dash and another for the sound bar If I didnt have the premium sound already I would have done this on the JT day 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008I2UYPI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just did these last night in the sound bar; and already notice a difference—I adjusted to Eq settings as well because the settings I had with stock speakers didn’t sound that good with these.

I’ve got the alpine pss-wra23 sub/front tweeters getting delivered today so I didn’t use these dart speakers for the front. I’ll update the overall sound experience once the sub is installed.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I have the mid line system (7.0") in my JT and I think the sound quality is horrible, especially at higher volumes. It also lacks power especially with the doors and top off. I dont need more cameras, video games, Nav, HVAC, etc. I just want to improve the sound quality and add more volume (with good quality) to what I have. Are there options for replacement speakers, a sub and perhaps an amp t drive it all without replaceing alot of the factry stuff and adding a bunch of stuff I dont need or want?
Agreed, the stock sound is not optimum. I have the 7" and had a D&D amp installed. Replaced the sound bar and kick panel speakers with 6.5" Focals. Also replaced the dash tweeters with bass blockers to keep from blowing them up. Haven't done a sub yet, but plan to in the future. They hear me coming from down the block now, and it's crystal clear.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, the stock sound is not optimum. I have the 7" and had a D&D amp installed. Replaced the sound bar and kick panel speakers with 6.5" Focals. Also replaced the dash tweeters with bass blockers to keep from blowing them up. Haven't done a sub yet, but plan to in the future. They hear me coming from down the block now, and it's crystal clear.
Here is a pic of the sound bar with the adapters
Jeep Gladiator Speaker Upgrade? IMG-2714
Sponsored