Sponsored

Speed volume adjust feature

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I found this in the audio settings and set it to 3, which is the max.

I drove around with doors and freedom panels off and didn’t notice a volume change. Is there something I’m missing?
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Maybe it's not enough to counter the noise of an open Jeep? I have mine in the middle setting and it's clearly working with the hardtop on, although it's not super obvious. I played with settings and can hear a difference.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Chuck Finley, LOL, I miss that TV show also. Hope it makes a comeback.

Now I'll have to try to figure out a way to measure this and see if it actually does work or it's all in my head. Maybe stick my phone with a sound meter app right up to one speaker? Other ideas?

Are all of you on current firmware? I verified that mine is. And the 8.4" premium?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have the 8.4 but the smaller radio and mine works fine with top on or off I can notice that the volume does get softer as I stop and louder as I go and pick up speed

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I have noticed it working. Its very subtle.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I changed the setting while driving and it changed volume.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 8.4 and this feature is too subtle to be of real value to me. On my Chevys, the lowest setting had more range than the max setting in the Gladiator. Maybe a software upgrade will make it useful for me one day.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've always turned this feature off in every vehicle that had it. It never works right, and I'm always blasting my music anyway, whether I'm sitting still or running 80 down the highway.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I've always turned this feature off in every vehicle that had it. It never works right, and I'm always blasting my music anyway, whether I'm sitting still or running 80 down the highway.
I was listening to the music pretty loud today also. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was listening to the music pretty loud today also. Maybe that had something to do with it.
It's best just to turn it off and use the steering wheel controls or just spin the knob up or down when you need to adjust the volume. I love the volume and track steering wheel controls on my JTR. Never even have to think about it, just flip a finger and the volume goes up or down, or change tracks.

OP
OP
Jeepnoob34

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
It's best just to turn it off and use the steering wheel controls or just spin the knob up or down when you need to adjust the volume. I love the volume and track steering wheel controls on my JTR. Never even have to think about it, just flip a finger and the volume goes up or down, or change tracks.
Yea. That’s my go-to method. I just happen to see that option in the audio settings and started tinkering with it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea. That’s my go-to method. I just happen to see that option in the audio settings and started tinkering with it.
I also found a few new cool features on the radio that allow me to adjust vehicle settings. I set my key fob to unlock ALL doors, instead of just 1 door with a single push of the unlock button (on the key fob). And I turned off the horn beep when using the remote start. Cool stuff! I love how I keep finding new stuff all the time tinkering with this Jeep.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I have the opposite problem. For some reason, after I park my jeep the volume is always cranked up way to loud when I restart it. Still haven't figured out how that keeps happening.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the opposite problem. For some reason, after I park my jeep the volume is always cranked up way to loud when I restart it. Still haven't figured out how that keeps happening.
Turn the feature off, and manually turn it down before you turn the vehicle off.
Sponsored