Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How much space did you lose? Iā€™m 6ā€™3 and donā€™t want my head hitting the actual shade.
About 2". I'm 5'7" so obviously it doesn't affect me at all.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had one on my JKU and loved it but never could figure out how to keep it on with the hardtop installed. To much trouble. I ended up with one JTops in the end and liked it a lot better. The JTop one will keep you dry if it isn't pouring down rain and provided more shade. Also I don't think you have to lower the windshield to install the Jtops one.

https://www.jtopsusa.com/jeep-gladiator-sun-shades

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
U
I had one on my JKU and loved it but never could figure out how to keep it on with the hardtop installed. To much trouble. I ended up with one JTops in the end and liked it a lot better. The JTop one will keep you dry if it isn't pouring down rain and provided more shade. Also I don't think you have to lower the windshield to install the Jtops one.

https://www.jtopsusa.com/jeep-gladiator-sun-shades
Thanks. The spiderweb only requires you to remove the 4 bolts and tilt the windshield forward about 4 inches to get the bungee in place and then you reinstall the 4 bolts. The wipers do not have to be removed. I was concerned about this as well but with a power ratchet itā€™s like a 2 minute job and the hooks instill a bit more confidence than the magnets at first look, at least to me but I am still undecided and looking for all feedback. Thanks for the heads up on the rain. I hadnā€™t considered the density of the mesh. Tighter mesh is more rain resistant and would keep out more sun. How much you want is highly subjective.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
U

Thanks. The spiderweb only requires you to remove the 4 bolts and tilt the windshield forward about 4 inches to get the bungee in place and then you reinstall the 4 bolts. The wipers do not have to be removed. I was concerned about this as well but with a power ratchet itā€™s like a 2 minute job and the hooks instill a bit more confidence than the magnets at first look, at least to me but I am still undecided and looking for all feedback. Thanks for the heads up on the rain. I hadnā€™t considered the density of the mesh. Tighter mesh is more rain resistant and would keep out more sun. How much you want is highly subjective.
Also one thing to consider as well is the JTops uses straps not bungee's and fits more snug than the Spidershade. Not knocking the Spidershade but I personally felt like the JTops had a bit more quality material on the JKU. It cost about $50 more but IMO is worth it. I still have my Spidershade from my JKU and had thought about seeing if I could make it fit on the JT

Sponsored

Needles69

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
None at all, very simple to do. Only 4 torx bolts across the header on the inside. I flipped the windshield wipers out, had my wife hold the windshield back from the frame and installed the clips on the front and set the windshield back down then put the bolts back in.
I also installed one on my Mojave. After securing the window back in place, I now have wind leaking in that upper A post corner. I suspect its the clip used by Spiderwebshade allowing air to creep in. Have you tested yours on the highway yet? If so, any changes with noise?

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed one on my Mojave. After securing the window back in place, I now have wind leaking in that upper A post corner. I suspect its the clip used by Spiderwebshade allowing air to creep in. Have you tested yours on the highway yet? If so, any changes with noise?
I've had mine off and on for about a year now and have had no air leaking in at all. You have to make sure the cords with clips are not installed on top of where the torx head bolts for the windshield go in to the header.

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
holy cow these have gone up in price... i bought mine for my jku in 2010 for like $100...

i still want one for the JT though

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Does anyone know if you can take off the shade and leave the front clips inserted so that you do not have to lower the windshield each time you take it off or put it on? Would love to see a pic of how that looks.

You can do that with Alienshade, which I'm going to test out how my JLU one looks on my JT when it arrives.

Sponsored

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Does anyone know if you can take off the shade and leave the front clips inserted so that you do not have to lower the windshield each time you take it off or put it on? Would love to see a pic of how that looks.

You can do that with Alienshade, which I'm going to test out how my JLU one looks on my JT when it arrives.
This was my one big disappointment. I cannot remove quickly like my Alienshade and they didn't make a full length setup for the JT. The Alienshade had small bungee toggles you could remove and leave in place. The Spiderweb requires tilting the windshield to get it on/off. Otherwise, its great.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This was my one big disappointment. I cannot remove quickly like my Alienshade and they didn't make a full length setup for the JT. The Alienshade had small bungee toggles you could remove and leave in place. The Spiderweb requires tilting the windshield to get it on/off. Otherwise, its great.
This must be a regional thing. Here in AZ itā€™s on all the time.

Why remove it?

@SPIDERWEBSHADE. These things are a must.

I have a boxed Mopar if you would like. Never been installed. šŸ˜

Jeep Gladiator Spiderwebshade installed - with pics 2E691353-36AB-4882-B5AF-D9D3917AA967

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
This must be a regional thing. Here in AZ itā€™s on all the time.

Why remove it?

@SPIDERWEBSHADE. These things are a must.

I have a boxed Mopar if you would like. Never been installed. šŸ˜

Jeep Gladiator Spiderwebshade installed - with pics 2E691353-36AB-4882-B5AF-D9D3917AA967
I mean, I put mine on and its going to stay on till probably Oct/Nov if i take it off at all! I really like it, but taking it off is not as simple. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I mean, I put mine on and its going to stay on till probably Oct/Nov if i take it off at all! I really like it, but taking it off is not as simple. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Roger that. Was just curious as they are designed to stay on. Some folks truly want complete open air with zippo above them.

scotticus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT LE
Occupation
Derpston
Roger that. Was just curious as they are designed to stay on. Some folks truly want complete open air with zippo above them.
I do enjoy that, my very fair skinned wife and kids do not :D
Sponsored