Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
Check for issues...
*bolts tight?? (I don't know the torque off-hand)
*fluid???reservoir up to full mark?
*steering wheel centred?
*reflashed?? reprogramming the steering brain is part of the work

It would to slip up if the tech was pulled off the job....
I’ll check the fluid, it was fine before it went in. They told me they flashed it but how would I check that? Steering wheel has always been straight. But the thing is that this has always had this problem, it’s nothing that the mechanics had a part in, so it has nothing to do with the TSB. If I got rid of the dead spot, it would be perfect.
Sponsored

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
I saw in the JL forum about pulling the F34 power steering fuse and basically hard restarting that system which helped. I assume it’s the same system, anyone try this? I did this on my work break but haven’t tested it out yet.

Lepdar

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
I had the TSB done a few months ago...came out of the shop with Porsche like steering ;)
Now in January, feels worse than before!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I had the TSB done a few months ago...came out of the shop with Porsche like steering ;)
Now in January, feels worse than before!
Hi @Lepdar,

This is certainly not what we wish to hear. Please send our team a private message so that we can have this documented on your behalf.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
My dealer just did the steering box TSB and that’s it. When I contacted them because it was still terrible they told me that, that is how they drive and won’t do shyt. Any suggestions on what to do, did any additional work or troubleshooting help anyone else get rid of the terrible steering? I’m just getting too tired correcting 24/7 every 3 seconds.
I feel the same way. Mine is far from perfect. Disappointed.
If either of you would like to return to your dealer (or visit a different dealer) please let me know! You can contact our team through private messages at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Chinz67

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
If either of you would like to return to your dealer (or visit a different dealer) please let me know! You can contact our team through private messages at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thank you Darlene.

Ghostwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 cj8
Just picked mine up. Drove one exit on the fwy, so jury is still out, but initial impressions are very positive. Did not detect any indecisiveness. Even passed a pedestrian on a side street and was not worried I was going to kill them, so that’s petty positive too.

will do my normal 200 mile drive on Sat, so will know at that point.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE ON STEERING BOX REPLACEMENT...
FCA has a new TSB procedure for anyone complaining about "wondering." It's dated Dec. 3rd, and states they will not replace any boxes without a new measurement procedure. They now have to measure, inspect bolts, etc before any replacement is granted. Since I had already ordered mine and they had it before the latest revised edition they are replacing mine today. Just be ready if you take one in today for this issue.
Have you SEEN it or are they BSing you? What measurement procedure? Alignment?

So far no one can provide it or give details.

Ghostwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 cj8
Just picked mine up. Drove one exit on the fwy, so jury is still out, but initial impressions are very positive. Did not detect any indecisiveness. Even passed a pedestrian on a side street and was not worried I was going to kill them, so that’s petty positive too.

will do my normal 200 mile drive on Sat, so will know at that point.
Jury in. I’m almost laughing, no, I AM laughing at those who Actually advised others that this was simply how a live axle drove. Yeah, it’s better. A lot better.

Jugotit

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I just got my Gladiator back from the Dealer, I had the Steering Box Replace and the PCM reprogram per the Service Bulletin (SB 08-074-20). It only took two days. The steering "wondering" since to be fix. I have to take it in the highway to give it a good test.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE ON STEERING BOX REPLACEMENT...
FCA has a new TSB procedure for anyone complaining about "wondering." It's dated Dec. 3rd, and states they will not replace any boxes without a new measurement procedure. They now have to measure, inspect bolts, etc before any replacement is granted. Since I had already ordered mine and they had it before the latest revised edition they are replacing mine today. Just be ready if you take one in today for this issue.
This is not true, I just had them order my steering box 3 weeks ago and they just asked me if it was doing any 1 of the things on a list and I said yeah and they ordered it. They haven't checked anything on mine as far as steering goes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is not true, I just had them order my steering box 3 weeks ago and they just asked me if it was doing any 1 of the things on a list and I said yeah and they ordered it. They haven't checked anything on mine as far as steering goes.
I find reference to a 12-03-20 TSB but so far, not a copy or image of it. From what I can tell so far, all that they added were coded colors to make sure the dealer go the correct part as there were many ordering the wrong gear for the wrong vehicle. So they added some ways to make sure.
I also found a communication to dealers that they must make sure the flash was done. That says that it won't do much good if they fail to do the update. Apparently a lot of dealers were replacing the gear and not doing the flash. Wow.

Look at the date of this bulletin - is it November 19, 2020 and it replaces one dated - get this - TWO DAYS PRIOR, November 17, 2020. LOL - the dealers must really be screwing up badly on this one, that's like half a dozen TSBs for this one thing, each clarifying to dealers - stop screwing up!

I have included the reminder to dealers - do the bloody software, too! bulletin.

Attachments

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I find reference to a 12-03-20 TSB but so far, not a copy or image of it. From what I can tell so far, all that they added were coded colors to make sure the dealer go the correct part as there were many ordering the wrong gear for the wrong vehicle. So they added some ways to make sure.
I also found a communication to dealers that they must make sure the flash was done. That says that it won't do much good if they fail to do the update. Apparently a lot of dealers were replacing the gear and not doing the flash. Wow.

Look at the date of this bulletin - is it November 19, 2020 and it replaces one dated - get this - TWO DAYS PRIOR, November 17, 2020. LOL - the dealers must really be screwing up badly on this one, that's like half a dozen TSBs for this one thing, each clarifying to dealers - stop screwing up!

I have included the reminder to dealers - do the bloody software, too! bulletin.
I'm going to mention the flash, Even though I don't think I have to because my dealers service dept is pretty on top of thing, but never hurts to offer a reminder. The least amount of time I have to return for it the better. Some dealers are a nightmare to deal with.

Chinz67

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Hi Darlene. Have my appt for the steering issue for the 26th. I'll let you know what they say. I already know the answer.

Chinz67

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hi Darlene. Have my appt for the steering issue for the 26th. I'll let you know what they say. I already know the answer.
My daughter just got her driver's permit. We were driving this week and she said that she hates how you have to constantly correct the steering wheel to try to keep it straight.
She loves Jeeps.
Sponsored