Sponsored

Steering gear issue (After TSB replacement)

Deleted member 30519

I just got back from my dealer and they are ordering the parts. I feel kinda stupid though because I also took it in for some odd noise/ vibration I've been getting from the cabin at 36k+ rpm and they called me and said my adjustable track bar was loose , lift was over torqued and my tires were chopped (which they were). Anyway I got robbed for $270 for the alignment and labor to tighten and re torque everything then I realized on way home that an alignment would been included in the tsb anyway. I feel a little angry getting had by the steelership but I guess at least I got the tsb rolling.
Sponsored

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I just got back from my dealer and they are ordering the parts. I feel kinda stupid though because I also took it in for some odd noise/ vibration I've been getting from the cabin at 36k+ rpm and they called me and said my adjustable track bar was loose , lift was over torqued and my tires were chopped (which they were). Anyway I got robbed for $270 for the alignment and labor to tighten and re torque everything then I realized on way home that an alignment would been included in the tsb anyway. I feel a little angry getting had by the steelership but I guess at least I got the tsb rolling.

I can imagine how you feel. They do all they can to recover the lost funds from all these TSB repairs. You should talk to manager there about reimbursement for the alignment. It that fields no success, contact @JeepCares

Deleted member 30519

I can imagine how you feel. They do all they can to recover the lost funds from all these TSB repairs. You should talk to manager there about reimbursement for the alignment. It that fields no success, contact @JeepCares
That's a good idea. Thanks

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a good idea. Thanks

No problem. Do what I can to help. Good luck to you. I'm sure if they want to keep a customer happy and not have jeepcares involved, they should work with you. Just stand your ground with them.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Courtney, still not heard back on the arrival of my bolts. Do you know of why this may be slow from the depot? I was told they were available.
Hey there!

I'm sure you're already well aware of the immense amount of stress that has been put on our suppliers, but I can definitely look into this further for you! I'd like to investigate possible avenues to see if we can expedite the process at all. Feel free to send us a private message with your current mileage & VIN!

Yes @Gladiator847 ! Please feel free to send our @JeepCares team a private message if you run into any difficulties while working alongside your dealer and would like additional support! Thanks.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**Update**

Received a call from M&L Motors this morning. My bolts are in!! Yeah!!! Scheduled Friday at 0830 to install my replacements replacement. Really hoping this new updates version of the steering gear works better than the last upgrade. Time will tell.
I'll update Friday after the service work is completed.....

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there!

I'm sure you're already well aware of the immense amount of stress that has been put on our suppliers, but I can definitely look into this further for you! I'd like to investigate possible avenues to see if we can expedite the process at all. Feel free to send us a private message with your current mileage & VIN!

Yes @Gladiator847 ! Please feel free to send our @JeepCares team a private message if you run into any difficulties while working alongside your dealer and would like additional support! Thanks.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Thank you Courtney! If any issues come up Friday or after on this replacement, I will be sure to send you a PM and get you to look into this.

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
** Update to my Update**

It's been 9 days since I had my replacement steering gear replaced (Yes, my second replacement). Steering is noticeably improved. Not as tight as I would like but hey, I'll live with it. Took it in to M and L CDJ in Lexington at 830 and three hours later I'm out the door. My work commute is 40 minutes one way and no wandering during my drive. Heavier winds do push it a bit but that was to be expected. Can take my hand off the wheel on a straight highway and no longer have any pucker factor like I had before. Also, the popping in the gear is gone that I had with my last replacement. Overall....Very happy with the changes and the service from M and L.

Maybe this helps others in deciding to get their gear replaced.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m at 1,470 miles and my steering is doing the EXACT same thing. Whining noise, then loud click towards/at lock. My girlfriend noticed it before me when I let her out before backing into a tight parking spot. I knew I was right for keeping her around lol.

Anyways, this is the only steering issue Iā€™ve experienced on my 2021 Sport S Max Tow. No wandering at all on the highway, handles great. I should probably get it into the dealer before the first oil change at 5k miles.

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m at 1,470 miles and my steering is doing the EXACT same thing. Whining noise, then loud click towards/at lock. My girlfriend noticed it before me when I let her out before backing into a tight parking spot. I knew I was right for keeping her around lol.

Anyways, this is the only steering issue Iā€™ve experienced on my 2021 Sport S Max Tow. No wandering at all on the highway, handles great. I should probably get it into the dealer before the first oil change at 5k miles.
I would definitely have them check it. As I had stated, this was my replacement for original silver gear. Shop foreman said it had gone bad so I'm sure i cannot be the only one it would happen to. Best of luck to you and yeah, definitely keep her lol.
Sponsored