Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
i know it sounds odd...but....
I have had the steering box replaced with the steel one---
but steering still sucks (loose). and i am 99% sure they did NOT align it after.

here is the odd part---so if i give it a little jab left steering, it seems to go left faster/more than if i give the same steering jab right--where it goes more slowly--less turning rate
would a bad alignment do that? i ask about alignment because i swear i can visually see one wheel toed out...

strange...lol
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Since toe is adjusted by the tie rod, I can't really see how one is possibly visibly out of toe more than the other. And you shouldn't need to align anything after the steering box, just adjust the drag link if needed to straighten the wheel.

My thought would be the stabilizer, you're compressing the stabilizer stock one to the right and lengthening it to the left. It shouldn't act like you describe, but if the steel steering box made the overall transfer of energy stiffer, maybe you can produce that on sudden motions.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the tech who made the components is just a super NASCAR fan and just wanted everyone to feel the need to turn left all the time, just sayin, lol

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The stabilizer isnt bad to take off. 1 bolt at the knuckle and 3 on the axle. Try popping it off, drive ONLY around town and see if there's a change. Town driving with no stabilizer, like 30 mph, is fine. No highway.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Remember, three lefts make a right.
Sponsored