Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Because the whole picture is not mentioned.

Stellantis wants everyone to think it all is about CARB regs and such. But the plain fact is that WL sales are down sharply with too much inventory on dealer lots. This is a direct result of high MSRP pricing that excludes many from affording the product.
My fairly loaded 2022 JTR is now 20 grand more for a 2023/2024 with the same options.
Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
The Feds can't afford to give up California, even if it was constitutionally possible. California funnels billions a year into Fed coffers. If CA left the Union, it would be a bust. It's no secret, however, that more people are leaving CA than going in, including my wife and I who left in 2013 (both native Californians). Given that by some future date, all vehicles sold in CA (and my state) will be electric, it's somewhat moot.
I was talking more about the "uninvited guests"

Redfour5

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Cherokee, Ram 2500 Hemi,
Occupation
Retired
My fairly loaded 2022 JTR is now 20 grand more for a 2023/2024 with the same options.
In looking at one I'm going to buy, the dealer has a 2022 Overland, new, on his lot, pretty loaded, that must have been an ordered one someone didn't pick up. They put the better AT tires/wheels on it, Selec Trac and a couple other things. It was an early in the year production per the pricing on options/base price... It is very marked down but not to the level of the 23's... That is...until you build it on the 23 build website for Jeep.

It has a 57K MSRP from early 2022. So, I went and built it pretty close on a 23 High Altitude base. I was able to do that with the ONLY difference being the 23 does not have the selec trac option but as a high altitude does have blind spot monitoring so very slight differences.

So, if you were to order essentially the same unit today as that 2022, and you build it on the Jeep website, it would be $62,500 ish for a virtually same unit.

So, then I start doing the math and from that standpoint, your off MSRP ("real incentive"/2023) goes up on the 2022... to like 32% off MSRP on an equivalent 2023 version... And, you would get full warranty. AND, if I could get another thousand or two....

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In looking at one I'm going to buy, the dealer has a 2022 Overland, new, on his lot, pretty loaded, that must have been an ordered one someone didn't pick up. They put the better AT tires/wheels on it, Selec Trac and a couple other things. It was an early in the year production per the pricing on options/base price... It is very marked down but not to the level of the 23's... That is...until you build it on the 23 build website for Jeep.

It has a 57K MSRP from early 2022. So, I went and built it pretty close on a 23 High Altitude base. I was able to do that with the ONLY difference being the 23 does not have the selec trac option but as a high altitude does have blind spot monitoring so very slight differences.

So, if you were to order essentially the same unit today as that 2022, and you build it on the Jeep website, it would be $62,500 ish for a virtually same unit.

So, then I start doing the math and from that standpoint, your off MSRP ("real incentive"/2023) goes up on the 2022... to like 32% off MSRP on an equivalent 2023 version... And, you would get full warranty. AND, if I could get another thousand or two....
Hope springs eternal!

STACHES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Alltrack, '74 X1/9, '71 240z, '66 C10
Occupation
Manufacturing Automation
The Feds can't afford to give up California, even if it was constitutionally possible. California funnels billions a year into Fed coffers. If CA left the Union, it would be a bust. It's no secret, however, that more people are leaving CA than going in, including my wife and I who left in 2013 (both native Californians). Given that by some future date, all vehicles sold in CA (and my state) will be electric, it's somewhat moot.
People also forget that California is our leading food producer. The Central Valley is an agricultural powerhouse and one of the most productive pieces of land in the world.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People also forget that California is our leading food producer. The Central Valley is an agricultural powerhouse and one of the most productive pieces of land in the world.
Yep, as long as the water lasts.

Stuntman Mike

First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTOD, 2005 TJ 4.0, 1980 MB 450 SLC
Occupation
Rotating Equipment Consultant
If you take the gross domestic product, California is #5 in the world.

BTW, the only state in the USA where I drove a (lincoln town) car by myself (LA and Passadena), enjoyed it very much.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
If you take the gross domestic product, California is #5 in the world.

BTW, the only state in the USA where I drove a (lincoln town) car by myself (LA and Passadena), enjoyed it very much.
Because of its size, of you broke it into normal state size, or combined the sequal states, the outcome is different

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis laying off people at Jeep 1000023357

1000023356.png

Stuntman Mike

First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTOD, 2005 TJ 4.0, 1980 MB 450 SLC
Occupation
Rotating Equipment Consultant
Because of its size, of you broke it into normal state size, or combined the sequal states, the outcome is different

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis laying off people at Jeep 1000023356

Jeep Gladiator Stellantis laying off people at Jeep 1000023356
Don't understand what you are telling me.

Anyhow, for me it seems that California is one of the most powerful economies in the world.

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
It’s outrageous. The costs of things in general have gotten pretty out of control in this phony ass economy.

My dad and I were just talking about this…he was mentioning how “ little” money he made when he got his first engineering job out of college in ‘87. He made about $40k to start. Adjusting for inflation, that’s $110,000 a year in 2023 USD (https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=40000&year1=198701&year2=202310)

In other words, I’m still catching up to my dad’s starting salary as of now and I’m 6 years out of engineering school.

It’s an interesting system to say the least. I won’t complain too much though. I got food and a roof over my head.
yes the average worker income has not keot up
with inflation all the whike corporations continue to make record profits...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read all 3 pages, but why is it titled "Stellantis laying off....." instead of "auto makers laying off people".
Ford and GM have announced large cuts, as well.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Don't understand what you are telling me.

Anyhow, for me it seems that California is one of the most powerful economies in the world.
Because of its geographical size.... combine the eastern seaboard into one state and it would do as well....

Calif has ports, that is the big draw that cannot change.... silicon valley can move, and food can be grown elsewhere.... otherwise calif isn't special, it's just big,

OP
OP
Rusty PW

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I didn't read all 3 pages, but why is it titled "Stellantis laying off....." instead of "auto makers laying off people".
Ford and GM have announced large cuts, as well.
Well........Stellantis was the first to report the lay-offs.

In other new. GM has bought back half of their Buick franchises. They wanted the dealers to spend between $300K to $400K to up date their locations to sale and service EV's. The smaller dealers can't afford the price tag.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well........Stellantis was the first to report the lay-offs.

In other new. GM has bought back half of their Buick franchises. They wanted the dealers to spend between $300K to $400K to up date their locations to sale and service EV's. The smaller dealers can't afford the price tag.
Ah, so it's who was first! LOL.
Ford announced some in February and some in October.
Jeep Gladiator Stellantis laying off people at Jeep 1703647050898

All year they've been announcing rounds of layoffs. Big cuts outside of the USA by Ford.

The reasons people lay out in the back and forth of threads like this really applies to all of them, but they seem to believe only Stellantis has any issues at all. They may have it worse, who knows - we sit back and point fingers.
Sponsored