First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
i have the LOD Armor Lite Rocksliders with the steel skid plates and have used them down in Moab as well as wind rock in Tenn. and i really do like them. the pictures below are recent and they were repowder-coated in February. I bought them when the first came out. I am going to try them out on the Rubicon trail and if they fail, I will go to something else.

Jeep Gladiator Steps or Sliders....hhhmmm 20231228_130007

Jeep Gladiator Steps or Sliders....hhhmmm 20231228_130023

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
The RSE's will take a lot of abuse and also have an add on armor package if you are worried about them.

I absolutely love mine.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The RSE's will take a lot of abuse and also have an add on armor package if you are worried about them.

I absolutely love mine.
Me too. I have the armor as well. I’ve been on trails and fully expected them to be trashed after. But they’re always fine and work perfectly. The most they’ve been hit were the rubicon and cliffhanger. Both trails smacked the crap out of them.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

Sponsored

Slipshodman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator
I have the mopar performance rock rails.
They double as a step as they are about 3 or 4 inches wide and are textured as a step
They sit in the same location as the standard rock rails but wider so do not hang like some steps do
They were on my JTR when I brought it so no idea of cost or fitment v other options
But for me I am very happy with them

me_ccie

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Did you take the OEM off before you put the barricades on or right over them?
No, I bolted them over. They work quite well. I had the drop-down steps before and mangled them on a trail. I returned to the stock rails, and the family hated not having a step. This solution was the happy medium.

BigBry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave
I sent my Barricades back, their mounting system was questionable. Pinch seam and 2 frame mounts toward the front and one way back toward the rear. One wrong hit and…….. Have the Mopar Performance in the garage taking up room and they were too high to serve as a step. Too bad you’re not in Cali I’d sell them to you. I tried another regarded brand and they were too high too. Won’t name them cause they were super cool and took them back. Went with RSE and have beat on them real good and they’re a perfect height step and I lost ZERO clearance on the sides. Wish I’d gone RSE from the start. Hands down the best mod I did.

Kajo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Soldier
I have the mopar performance rock rails.
They double as a step as they are about 3 or 4 inches wide and are textured as a step
They sit in the same location as the standard rock rails but wider so do not hang like some steps do
They were on my JTR when I brought it so no idea of cost or fitment v other options
But for me I am very happy with them
I acquired a set of these last November from a Gladiator owner who was getting ready to throw them out. They are expensive for if purchase new but were the sliders/steps I wanted from the start. Jeep® Performance Parts Rock Rails

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Depending in what you’re intending to do, you can get rock sliders, steps, or somewhere in between ( step sliders ).

with rock sliders, you should be looking for solid construction, frame mount, potentially something that pushes the body/doors away from obstacles.

I got tired of seeing more and more chipped paint on my rear fender, chips on my door hinges, and road grime all over the sides during winter months, and road grime from moist gravel roads. My wife’s JTHA didn’t have those issues, with her OEM plastic steps. Sure, you could add expensive mud flaps, but then you have to be sure to not rip them off.

I wanted to go tube-themed, as in tube doors and a small hoop over the bumper, and hence looked for some tube step-sliders that would protect the paint a bit, and push me away from obstacles. I do wish that these also mounted to the frame, and that’s something that I might fab later on.

DV8 makes a set that checks some of those boxes, and the tube diameter is really close to the tube diameter of the Mopar tube doors; you can see them together in my avatar https://dv8offroad.com/collections/jeep-jl-sliders-steps/products/wrangler-side-steps-oe-4-door

IMG_5876.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
No, I bolted them over. They work quite well. I had the drop-down steps before and mangled them on a trail. I returned to the stock rails, and the family hated not having a step. This solution was the happy medium.
Some of the reviews are saying that these won’t work on the ‘23s

Volt0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM,JTHA
Extra note: some of these options may ( or may not ) work with other mods. You may have clearance issues with existing fender areas, mud flaps, or oversized tires.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Rock Hard work well as both sliders and steps.

EZRider

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
First time Jeep owner (not counting my previous Grand Cherokee) I'm curious what steps and sliders are out there. Being vertically challenged and planning on doing some light offroading - not heavy as this will be my A and B - I'm curious if going with a step style vs a slider/running board will I miss the ground clearance and also the protection that a slider would bring. Are there steps out there that won't be a liability if they get caught up on something?

Jeep Gladiator Steps or Sliders....hhhmmm IMG_5876
First time Jeep owner (not counting my previous Grand Cherokee) I'm curious what steps and sliders are out there. Being vertically challenged and planning on doing some light offroading - not heavy as this will be my A and B - I'm curious if going with a step style vs a slider/running board will I miss the ground clearance and also the protection that a slider would bring. Are there steps out there that won't be a liability if they get caught up on something?

I found these for my Rock Hard sliders that are made to mount on a side by side. They keep the wife happy in town and I remove them whenever I need to for offroad. I don’t recall who I purchased them from but just do a search and you’ll find them. They are for a 1 3/4[“ diameter.
IMG_0458.jpeg
ATTACH=full]368262[/ATTACH]
Sponsored