Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
The first place to start would be to see how much lift you guys are actually getting out of the Mopar lift, especially in the front. If you went with our 2.5" Triple Rate rear coils on a Rubicon, you would see around 3" of lift in the rear with no additional weight or equipment added. We use a much high spring rate than the Mopar kit coils have, so they definitely can handle extra weight a lot better, but we would have to make sure you guys are putting the right size spring in the rear so we keep some of that positive rake in order to help with the load capacity!
I like your kit, but the single rate coil in the front gives me pause. The Rockrawler system has triple rate springs on their pro kit. Up front I'm running steel bumper, 1200# winch etc.
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like your kit, but the single rate coil in the front gives me pause. The Rockrawler system has triple rate springs on their pro kit. Up front I'm running steel bumper, 1200# winch etc.
Your concern is common, but it actually is not whether you are using linear, dual or triple rate coils that determines the strength of the coil, but the actual spring rate itself. The actual purpose of using multi-rate coils is to prevent the coil itself from unseating or falling out due to the travel of the shock and the suspension as a whole. There are unfortunately some down sides to using multi-rate coils like the additional wear and tear on the coils themselves, so we only want to use them where we are absolutely forced to, like in the rear of the JT and JL. The front of these vehicles in our opinion does not propose the possibility of the front coils falling out in any way, and therefor linear coils are the best option. Without knowing the spring rates of the other manufacturers coils I could not say for sure whether or not our coils would hold up to additional weight better, however I can say that we tend to have a higher spring rate than most other manufacturers and we have had a ton of customers who run these coils front and rear, without any sort of issues holding up to steel bumpers, winches etc. Hope this helps clear up some confusion!

OP
OP
Seanrobsar

Seanrobsar

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiador
Vehicle Showcase
Your concern is common, but it actually is not whether you are using linear, dual or triple rate coils that determines the strength of the coil, but the actual spring rate itself. The actual purpose of using multi-rate coils is to prevent the coil itself from unseating or falling out due to the travel of the shock and the suspension as a whole. There are unfortunately some down sides to using multi-rate coils like the additional wear and tear on the coils themselves, so we only want to use them where we are absolutely forced to, like in the rear of the JT and JL. The front of these vehicles in our opinion does not propose the possibility of the front coils falling out in any way, and therefor linear coils are the best option. Without knowing the spring rates of the other manufacturers coils I could not say for sure whether or not our coils would hold up to additional weight better, however I can say that we tend to have a higher spring rate than most other manufacturers and we have had a ton of customers who run these coils front and rear, without any sort of issues holding up to steel bumpers, winches etc. Hope this helps clear up some confusion!
Thanks for your reply. If I went with your 2.5 premium kit, what shocks would you recommend? Do you guys ship to 4 wheel parts?

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for your reply. If I went with your 2.5 premium kit, what shocks would you recommend? Do you guys ship to 4 wheel parts?
Anytime. For normal everyday driving with some wheeling on weekends or once in a while, a lot of customers tend to go with and like the ride of the Fox 2.0 Series shocks. For more aggressive driving and maybe a lot more wheeling, something like the Falcon adjustable shocks might suit your needs better. We can ship anywhere you need us to!

Last edited:

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The first place to start would be to see how much lift you guys are actually getting out of the Mopar lift, especially in the front. If you went with our 2.5" Triple Rate rear coils on a Rubicon, you would see around 3" of lift in the rear with no additional weight or equipment added. We use a much high spring rate than the Mopar kit coils have, so they definitely can handle extra weight a lot better, but we would have to make sure you guys are putting the right size spring in the rear so we keep some of that positive rake in order to help with the load capacity!
What is the best way to complete this? I am thinking I will go with your 2.5’ rear coils.

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Do you have any idea how your coils compare to the max tow rear coils as far as rate goes? I want to do a full blown lift with arms and all late this year or early next but my biggest concern is losing that payload capacity in the rear or dealing with a huge squat.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
OEM, The manual transmission sport s has the max payload, 747kgs.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do you have any idea how your coils compare to the max tow rear coils as far as rate goes? I want to do a full blown lift with arms and all late this year or early next but my biggest concern is losing that payload capacity in the rear or dealing with a huge squat.
While I'm not sure of the exact numbers for the max tow springs, I can say that the springs found in our kits do have a higher spring rate. I don't think you would run into any issues with payload capacity, as we have some guys running 500+ pounds in the rear with some of these kits. If you're planning on running a lot more weight than that, than you might want to consider combining a 1/2" spacer with a set of our springs to get your rake to where you want it to be, but obviously those are extreme situations. I'll include a picture of our friends truck from GP Factor, who run our 2.5" Overland Plus kit carrying a ton of overlanding gear in the rear and sitting level.
Jeep Gladiator Stiffer Springs(coils)/Heavy duty Coils GP-JT-6 small

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
While I'm not sure of the exact numbers for the max tow springs, I can say that the springs found in our kits do have a higher spring rate. I don't think you would run into any issues with payload capacity, as we have some guys running 500+ pounds in the rear with some of these kits. If you're planning on running a lot more weight than that, than you might want to consider combining a 1/2" spacer with a set of our springs to get your rake to where you want it to be, but obviously those are extreme situations. I'll include a picture of our friends truck from GP Factor, who run our 2.5" Overland Plus kit carrying a ton of overlanding gear in the rear and sitting level.
Cool cool. I'll be right around that range so it looks like this will fit my needs.

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
@Clayton Off Road

If a guy was carrying about 600 lbs in the rear, would your 3.5 Overland Plus kit hold up? Or would it still need a 1/2 spacer?

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I also have the Alu-Cab. I have the Mopar 2" lift. Is it possible to swap the Mopar springs to the higher rate springs he is using on this JT? I don't wheel hard / much. I just notice a little bounce now when driving once I have the Alu-Cab installed. I thought going better springs or shocks would be better than just adding air bags. I added the Hellwig sway bar last weekend that helped quite a bit with roll.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
Her is some info. A lot has changed on the rig.

Installed the AEV 2.5" lift and Hellwig sway bar. Drove to LA and Tiny Rig installed our Alu-Cab canopy camper. The AEV lift is handling the added 500 lbs very well.

Any questions please ask.

20210826_174015.jpg

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Her is some info. A lot has changed on the rig.

Installed the AEV 2.5" lift and Hellwig sway bar. Drove to LA and Tiny Rig installed our Alu-Cab canopy camper. The AEV lift is handling the added 500 lbs very well.

Any questions please ask.

Jeep Gladiator Stiffer Springs(coils)/Heavy duty Coils 20210826_174015
Thanks for the info! Do you feel any bouncing now with the AEV setup?