First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Just took a long (3000 miles) trip this past week and found myself on a section of road with a posted 80 mph speed limit.
No one around, so I got her up to the "ton" to see how she would do. Smooth and steady, and had a lot more in her if I wanted. I know Jeeps aren't made for this, but it really impressed me how quickly and easily it could.
I'm pretty much stock, so take it for what it's worth.
Jeep Gladiator Still impressed with this truck 20220828_172439
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I hit 95 and it wouldn't go any faster. Think depending on what tires it came with. There is a speed limiter. I know the oem MT's tires are rated for 95.

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Just took a long (3000 miles) trip this past week and found myself on a section of road with a posted 80 mph speed limit.
No one around, so I got her up to the "ton" to see how she would do. Smooth and steady, and had a lot more in her if I wanted. I know Jeeps aren't made for this, but it really impressed me how quickly and easily it could.
You burnt off some soot in the DPF too which is good. But be a little careful in turning off the engine after energetic sprints like this to protect the turbo from oil coking. Turbo temps will get to 1200F+ quickly but the Ecodiesel cools pretty quick too. Jeep owner manual recommends a minute or so idling after high speed highway runs before powering off the engine.

OP
OP
Bananaman

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
You burnt off some soot in the DPF too which is good. But be a little careful in turning off the engine after energetic sprints like this to protect the turbo from oil coking. Turbo temps will get to 1200F+ quickly but the Ecodiesel cools pretty quick too. Jeep owner manual recommends a minute or so idling after high speed highway runs before powering off the engine.
I agree. I have a Banks gauge to monitor all that. On really long trips like the one I took, you can see the soot level slowly go down.

OP
OP
Bananaman

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I hit 95 and it wouldn't go any faster. Think depending on what tires it came with. There is a speed limiter. I know the oem MT's tires are rated for 95.
I've read that somewhere.
I have a Sport S. It came with the "street tires" which I put on for this trip.
Usually I keep some Willys MT takeoffs on it.

Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Your speedo is off. 95 is the max speed it would do. I hump that any given day

OP
OP
Bananaman

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Your speedo is off. 95 is the max speed it would do. I hump that any given day
Speedo is spot on to GPS and various road construction/slow down signs. The Sport S is governed higher because of the tires it comes with.
Sponsored