mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t either but thought I’d check. Sure enough, they are! I’m just glad to see it finally in a build status. It’s hard waiting for this thing lol

I didn't even know they were open on Saturday

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Dealer just called me to try to sell me the extended warranty and match my bank's interest rate. Told him not interested. Anyone get the extended warranty? Thoughts?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Dealer just called me to try to sell me the extended warranty and match my bank's interest rate. Told him not interested. Anyone get the extended warranty? Thoughts?
The only time I’ve ever got an extended warranty is when I bought our Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel.
It paid for itself because all of the emission crap on it. Now Jeep is extending the warranty as part of the Ecodiesel Settlement.

For the JT I don’t see the need since most of it has already been out for a few years and most of the issues have been ironed out.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
The only time I’ve ever got an extended warranty is when I bought our Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel.
It paid for itself because all of the emission crap on it. Now Jeep is extending the warranty as part of the Ecodiesel Settlement.

For the JT I don’t see the need since most of it has already been out for a few years and most of the issues have been ironed out.
My thought exactly. Would have paid for itself with all of the EcoDiesel problems, but on the established 3.6L powertrain on the JL/JT I wouldn't waste my money on it. My thoughts on extended warrainties were on thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/let’s-talk-ecodiesel.3176/page-7#post-198478

Sponsored

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
I started researching for cars a couple years ago and chose jeep in the end because fca had an extended warranty with a lifetime option. I got one for my durango and was really hoping to have 2 cars where I didnt have to worry about fixing it. fca got rid of it in november. If I knew this ahead of time I would have got the JL.

Mmglady

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Velar, Audi RS5, Infiniti Q50
I went to the local Jeep dealer today and tried to order a Sting Grey and the dealer told me they were on restriction and to come back in 30 days. Does that seem right?

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I went to the local Jeep dealer today and tried to order a Sting Grey and the dealer told me they were on restriction and to come back in 30 days. Does that seem right?
It does not considering they built mine yesterday.

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
It became more and more apparent that the features I wanted were not going to be available for another 6 months or so.. cat back exhaust, cold air intake, the mopar stitched seats, etc.

So I went a drove a new loaded raptor that stickered at over $75k. Though they are not exactly the same vehicle it is still ala the style of vehicle I like. The dealer is a friend and priced it to me at $65,200, having given me all but a couple hundred of his hold back.

I wasnt thinking of doing this, but with that much price concession and with the loaded gladiator with all of the features I wanted only being about $7k less I jumped at the Raptor opportunity. It is way more vehicle with may more power and features.

Sadly my dreams of a sting gray Rubicon gladiator are going on the back burner for a while.

913d4ab91f87d3a8a04cf00a973f56ac.jpg

MomsJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LJR, JTR, FZJ80, Transit AWD, Ram 2500
You guys got me all excited too.... still in D1. :headbang:

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Come on guys I'm patently waiting for everyone to get there's! been stalking this thread to finally make my mind up on sting grey. Really would have never thought I'd like the color untill I was driving home from work and saw a Jeep with the same color ,definitely a head Turner and had to wipe the drool off of my driver's window...

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Come on guys I'm patently waiting for everyone to get there's! been stalking this thread to finally make my mind up on sting grey. Really would have never thought I'd like the color untill I was driving home from work and saw a Jeep with the same color ,definitely a head Turner and had to wipe the drool off of my driver's window...
Every time I see a Sting Gray JL, I love the color even more. Saw one at the Bloomsburg 4x4 Jamboree yesterday...

KIMG1980.JPG

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Ordered Sting Grey Rubi on 6/21 just checked today and I am in JB status. So excited!
My build sheet showed up today on the tracker, no sticker yet but moving along! ordered 6/19, VIN 6/21, D1 6/24, Build sheet 7/14. I'm emailing Travis for an update when he gets back from Vacation...

JT_Ollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LBB BMW M2, SG Jeep Gladiator
Wow, this is going ridiculously fast now. I'm in KZ status as of 7/15. Any idea how long it takes to ship from Ohio to North Carolina? I didn't want to get my financing locked up until I was within a few weeks of receiving.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
JB status for me, no build sheet yet
Sponsored